Posts by y-mun

The problem I have with my FC300 from Roland is, that it is only a one way communication. Means when I switch on a stomp and change the rig, the stomp light is still on. Which is no big deal, but not perfect. Anyway I get used to the FC300 and let's see what the Kemper Switch will have to offer. Perhaps it adds not so much. Of course also depending on the prize.

@Bluesmann

Thanks for that story. Where will be your next tour stops?

Radley
    I'm using a ROLAND FC300 which works out well with the KPA and which I like because of the 2 expression pedals. I would prefer electricity provided by the amp, but with a special cable, a friend of mne made, we'll get it via thew MIDI cable.
    No glitches.

+1

So I also am looking for a solution with all I need on board. So at least one expression pedal would be great. I know my subjective opinion is not important, but I don't like the idea of bringing stuff together on a self built board. I don't think I would.

But anyway it's an exciting thing to discuss features of an upcoming product. Thank you so far!

I work with a Midi Controller on 1.8 for many hours including live. No problem at all. But I have to say I didn't touch cabs. no experience in that area.

I'm so happy with the KPA on 1.8. :)

Sorry guys, my fault. I've got green light and several steps from Mothership but at the same time real life have been a real bitch (day job). Next week I'll catch up, promised!

Thanks for all your efforts in this forum. Very precious! :thumbup:

I like this profile as well a lot! Great work.

Just one question. With the Default settings it seems to be pretty loud. As I once read, the profiles should more or less be used at the same level (12 o'clock). When I do so, this profile is way louder than others I use. Please don't misunderstand me, this ain't an issue, I play this profile anyway. Just wondering, whether I make any mistake.

It's even hard to handle all the rigs on the KAP for me already now. Especially without an editor. So I always think twice before I download something new new and bring it onto the KAP without having a slight idea, whether it's done convincingly or not. So any hint inside the download area would be much appreciated. As comment or however. I don't want to use the time to listen through 900 profiles. I prefer using this time for playing.
    ;)

To be honest, I'm fine with this information given. And I think it's normal in the software business not to lay all cards on the table. Not that I wouldn't be happy to have more features available, but anyway, what we have is pretty stable now. And I prefer playing guitar to playing with software. ;)

I use a Roland FC-300 Footswitch for playing live and rehearsing. It's not ideal, but as long there's no native Kemper Foot Switch, I'm trying to make the best out of it. And I'm getting used to it better and better.

I connect the KPA and the footswitch with a MIDI cable from FC-300 MIDI out to KAP MIDI in.

One thing still I don't like at all. This is the one way direction in which I send MIDI signals. Means if I change e.g. a stompbox via Footswitch a light indicator on the footswitch appears. As soon as I now change the rig/programm via the footswitch, the KPA turns to the requested rig/programm, but the light on the footswitch still indicates the stompbox from the rig/programm before being active.

I now thought I could use a second MIDI cable (KPA out to FC-300 in). But I don't know how to tell the KPA which information it should send, when switched to another rig/programm.

I didn't find anything in the manual.

Has anyone of you experience or an idea?

Thanks for that info.

And how do you and all the others handle this while gigging with several guitars? Do you lock the input preset or do you adjust and store it rigwise no matter which kind of output your guitar may have?

I need your advise, as I misunderstood the input level and preset concept so far as it seems. To make it clear: This thread is not about a misfunction of the KPA, I just want to understand how I use this concept best for my needs.

I thought the input presets I can save for different guitars are made to adjust the different output levels of my guitars (e.g. Tele vs.PRS) to receive similar gain results no matter how hot the pick ups are. Therefore I created presets for all my guitars, even acoustics and the Uke and thought when changing the guitar live, I change the input preset from one tailormade for guitar A to another tailormade for guitar B.

Now I understood, that this input level is more thought rigwise, to adjust levels and distortion behaviour that way.

What does this mean for my live use philosophy? What are your experiences? Shall I lock the Input section and when I change the guitar unlock it, change the input section and lock it again? (Possible but not too easy in a live situation) or do I have to accept, that the different guitars behave differently and work on input presets rigwise?

What do you recommend?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.