Posts by y-mun

On my KPA runs 1.07 which works fine generally.

I just experienced the following problem:
    I use different Input level presets for different guitars depending on their output level.

When I change from one sound to the other via MIDI Board, the Input preset also changes and doesn't come back to what I selected unless I I browse through this section again and select again. Next Sound change, next input level change.

Do you know this problem? What do I do wrong?

Surely this is clear to everybody, anyway I want to state it again:

Please don't forget to bring electricity from the amp itself. NO PLUG NEEDED close to the footswitch.

And please at least one Expression pedal. Two appreciated. But if only one, please use an extra button to change from wah to volume. With my Line 6 pedal I had to go full volume to reach wah, which always was a problem to me.

Sorry guys for not responding earlier, I was recording all day and didn't have time to go to the computer.

First let me say, that I'm overwhelmed by the support inside this forum, it's absolutly incredible!

To be honest I don't know whether it's completely gone. It's at least much better, although I can't tell you why. :( I tried to change so many parts of the signal chain, that I can't really what it was in the end. But I'm pretty sure, that it's not the KPA. I tend to say it's perhaps the R16. But I don't really know.

I'm still struggeling with the recordings themself ;) perhaps you know what I mean. So perhaps my ears are tired.

Anyway, thank you so, so much!

I was recording all day long today. I went out of the Kemper XLR main outs into a ZOOM R16. Monitoring via the R16 with headphones.

With crunch and distorted sounds, everything worked well. And the combination Taylor acoustic and the Sound "Acoustic SM58" was fine, too.

Then I tried to use a clean sound (Californication) with an Ibanez George Benson Jazz Guitar. This causes a strange additional sound like a "ffff" around the sound. Not too loud but a real problem on a recording. I tried it with other guitars, but it more or less stayed the same. Although it seems to be a little bit more with humbucker than with single coil. On my FRFR this problem doesn't appear. But if I then use this monitor out to go into the R16, it's there. It tried other clean sounds and it's there also with them. Perhaps a little bit less, but it's there. I worked on the input, but it didn't change anything.

And: The R16 doesn't seem to clip. So it's no visible problem of this tool.

I'm pretty desperate: who can help?

Thanks in advance!

This is what I use: RCF 310 A http://www.thomann.de/de/rcf_art_310_a.htm
    I first tried out: RCF 312 A http://www.thomann.de/de/rcf_art_312_a.htm which was a recommendation by a friend, who works in the guitar department at Thomann's. They have been using this one for years for presenting direct in guitar systems. And they are still happy with it.

I liked the bigger one with the 12" speaker a little more. But just a little. And as I have to carry them on my own, I preferred the 7 kg lighter one in the end. I play mainly into the PA and need it as a monitor for myself. Mostly just to put a little bit more personal feel to the in ear situation. Therefore I don't need a too loud monitor. But this thing can shout, no doubt. It's nice that it can be used as a floor monitor and standing version as well.

It only has a XLR-input. But this wasn't a problem. All my standard cables I used to have with a Jack/XLR worked without a problem.

They sent it to me last night, too. And together with a system re-boot (press "system" while starting the kemper) the problem is solved. I works very well.

Yes, that's exactly my situation. But that means, that probabely it's not our KPA that has a hardware problem, but it's about firmware. I hope. ;)

Hi everybody,

it's me again having some trouble. Probabely because of doing something wrong.

It's about the monitor volume. I seem not to get any volume out of the unbalanced monitor out. I didn't realise before, because I bought a monitor box only with XLR in and thought I just don't have the right cable to connect the KPA and this box. And when I connected this box with the XLR main out, it worked.

Now I tried another monitor box. This one has an unbalanced in. But when I connect it to the KPA, there's no sound either. If I connect it with the unbalanced main out, it works.

I tried to change something by changing the monitor volume in the Output section, but unfortunately this changed nothing. Can anybody tell me, what's the mistake I'm making?

Thanks in advance for your help.

If I press "Input" (what I already tried before) no selection like spdif or similar appears. So I can't change anything at that place. :(

I already asked Thomann to get a replace product.