Posts by Miktan

Suddenly I managed to install FW 1.05 without the frozen window problem. But sometimes at start up it shows the ERROR screen bu if I push EXIT it starts and works.
    The BUZZ is still there, on clean notes, with no noise gate, no stomps, no stacks, no effects and no loops and it is not a sense issue.
    It is present with different guitars (also my strat with Kinmans), in speakers as well as in my headphones. I have no dimmers connected to my lights.
    It is not a string rattle problem.
    I will try to move my Kemper to another room and AC outlet but I doubt that it will solve the buzz issue.

I have listened to SUCKAMCs sound files and yes it is similar to the buzz in my KPA

Mike

Nope
    Did not work
    Same razzel/buzz.
    However I managed to get it to load new FW from USB by putting the BIN file directly on the root and not (as the manual says) in the OS Update folder.

Tried again to load FW 1.05 in that way too but - no - frozen screen again
    Mike

Thanks for the support.
    I did already try to set stomps, amps and effects to off.
    Still there.
    It is not an ordinary "clipping" because it is not more att the picking/strong part of the tone. It is there as the tone fades away aswell. There is no in/ut red LEDs burning either.
    However I will try what you propose.
    Thanks a lot :thumbup:

Mike

Tried to downgrade to 1.03 - still there.
    Went to 1.04 - still there
    Tried to install 1.05 - after showing the count from 1-100 % it ended up with the frozen screen again. I waited 2 hours (went to work...) and it was the same screen when coming back and it has no effect if I push the upper right soft button as some said should be the solution.

The noise is not a clipping sound. More like a string rattle (but it is not) or buzz. I have tried several guitars and also guitar with noiseless PUs - no difference.
    Since I was affraid my speakers were faulty I listened in my AKG K601 - same buzz

Have another fault aswell. If I turn of the KPA and install a USB stick with the FW on it and push the exit button during start upp (as Kemper support says) the screen reports "SOFTWARE ERROR
    CAN NOT FIND USB STICK
    or similar
    Tried different sticks - same thing.
    But if I start KPA in the Tuner mode and then put in the USB Stick - it finds it and can install (except 1.05...)
    :cursing: 8o ;(

Mike

No it did not help.
    It locks and no reaction from the right soft button after even 5 minutes.

I got this problem, I got the HISS or BUZZ problem even if I go back to 1.03 and the KPA can not find my USB if I start with the stick in (as told from KPA support).

It starts to get REALLY frustrating and unfortunately it is also bad PR for the KPA that could scare potential new users to go for other modelers.
    What we need is the oposite - a lot more buyers and users that so Kemper could invest in more qualified resources for developing the product.

Mike

I got the same static noise. I thought my FBT MA monitor was affected after all the start ups and changes in FW (finally went back to 1.04) but now I heard the same in the other speaker so it is definately from the KPA.
    Its not a clipping sound it is more a quite high and not tolerable rattle/razzle on all strings.
    I did not have this before trying to upgrade to 1.05.

If I turn the noise gate all the way down and turn off all effects, amps and stomps - it is still there.
    Did a Global reset - still there.
    I will report this to support

Mike

I tried once again to load the latest firmware but no success.
    Just get the SOFTWARE ERROR screen that I emailed support about the very first day after the release.
    Now I am back to 1.04 and everything works.
    Damn those irritating bugs.... :thumbdown:

same problem here

Hi
    Can you please report that as well to the support. They could not verfy it and I thought perhaps I was the only one with the problem.
    Mike

I had also before upgrading problew with my Master Volume.
    It acts a bit nervous. You adjust it a little and suddenly it could go a few cm up on the lcd scale.

Anyone else having that problem?
    I have sent it to support but so far they told me they could not verify the problem.
    Mike

I had problems after installing yesterday.
    The KPA got totally frozen.
    I did a total System Initializing and it solved it but today after start up I got "Software Error" and a lot of text on the display.
    O took a photo and e-mailed support but when starting up once again it got frozen as the first time.
    New system init. and now it seems ok. Question is for how long..... ;(
    Mike
    Sweden

Hi
    Just a warning
    I saw the new beta version 1.0.5.7171 and decided to install it.
    Everything looked fine and it started to reboot BUT then it got totally frozen.
    Not a button was working. Just the text KEMPER PROFILING AMPLIFIER on the screen.
    I could not even turn it off with the switch.
    I pulled the plug and it started booting again but - same procedure again - frozen.
    I hav e-mailed support.
    Anybody else had this problem with the new release?
    Anyone having the earlier firmware version since I can´t use my KPA until I manage to istall the old one. :wacko: :thumbdown:
    If so please e-mail me ( [email protected] ) .
    Thanks in advance guys.
    Mike
    Sweden

I agree!
    After getting the KPA I play everey day and start to get a bussdrivers butt....

However - the problem for me is all the profiles that you want to try and you always need to download it to the USB stick, load it into the KPA AND it must be rebooted each time.
    when you tried perhaps 20 rigs you decide to keep 2 and then you have to delete all the others.
    Takes a lot of time and responsible fo me getting the bussdrivers butt....

We really need an editor similar to the one for AXE-FX or the TC G-system were you just load the patch on the computer and it changes the sound directly in the modeler i.e. KPA in our case.

It should not be nescessary to load it into the memory and no reboot for each time.
    Should save a LOT of time and make it much easier to sort/delete the rigs on the computer.

Hope for that in near future...at least 2012 :thumbup:
    Mike
    Sweden

One other wish. :thumbup:
    When you navigate with the RIG buttons it travels 10 rigs at a time if you are in the main meny.
    If you jump into the Rigs menu it travels one rig at a time.

That is ok BUT if you want to travel a long distance and fast you need to click a lot on the button or turn the browser weel a lot.

A common behavior of other electronic equipment is that if you push and HOLD a button for some second it speeds up the transportation.

We have that function on our micro wave oven and its usual also when setting the time on a digital clock.

Mike
    Sweden

Hi
    I think the behaviour of the navigation is a bit weird.
    If you are in the rig browse window and use the rig buttons to navigate the UPPER button will take you UP in the list of rigs and the lower BUTTON will of course take you further down the list of rigs.
    However, if you are in the start up meny (were just the present rig is shown) the same buttons acts oposite. The UPPER button is then taking you down in the list of rigs (10 at the time) and the LOWER button takes you UP.
    I find this inconsecvent behavior to be a bit anoying.

I asked support about that but they discussed it and then I got the answer that they compared it to how a TV remote control acts. I think it´s a difference since you travel up in channel numbers (efen thought it could be down if you se a list of channels).
    In the KPA you go UP in a list of rig names and not in a number.

Anyone agree or am I the only weird person ;(

Mike
    Sweden

After installing the latest 1.0.4 firmware I got severe problems in the KPA.
    I used to have a pedal in the loop of slot X.
    If I look at the options there are no LOOP or STEREO LOOP in the list!
    If I go to the reverb or delay slots there are as I remember more variations to chose from BUT the sound does not change at all.
    The rotatoting knobs has also no effect when you try to change reverb or delay times.
    Can anyone else confirm these bugs?
    I will send a report to Kemper aswell.

Mike