Posts by Sollazzon

and you can import your own IR's now.

Cool,..

.. and is it possible to Export VIR settings as IR?

My main goal is to use it as CAB Creator/maker and import my IK 'cab+mics settings' into Profiler. (so I'm not really interested to know how its amp/stomp Sim sounds)

Right now I'm using Wall of Sound By Two Notes, it works really well (IMHO) but You can not save them as IR.

It allows You to load and use Your Own IRs but it just allows You to save as Wall of Sound settings File (.top extension)

so every time I had to profile it so it's not a quick solution.

So Ibot39 What about the sound of VIR?!?

I've already installed the free version of Amplitube 5, and almost finished to install all the others IK plug ins and Sounds that I can't wait to use in my DAW.

(Sample tank 4 and Syntronic)

but (clearly) the VIR it's not included in the free version.

Honestly how does it sound in Your opinion?

today, I had just closed a session in my daw, using also a couple of modellers as plug in,

then I opened Rig Manager to organize a couple of things and all of a sudden, ..

What if one day Kemper will sell a Plug-in to use .KIPR files and to tweak them as.. they were.. IR.

the Idea scared me a Lot honestly.

of course you always find something in the manual:

read about tone stack at page 148.

EQ

The EQ (equalizer, often called “tone stack”) is an integral part of the amplifier. It features four controls for the different frequency bands: “Bass”, “Middle”, “Treble” and “Presence”. These controls are always present in Browse and Performance Mode.

Basically, the equalizer in the PROFILER is a recreation of a generic, passive tone stack, but it is designed to have more impact on the frequency bands. When all soft knobs are in the middle position, it does not change the sound, so what you hear is the unaltered sound of the PROFILE.

An additional setting can be found on the last page of the amplifier module: A soft button allows you to set the position of the equalizer to either “Post” (after) or “Pre” (before) the amp module. The EQ has a different impact on the sound of a distorting amp, depending on its position. In tube amps, it is positioned between the preamp and the power amp. Most modern guitar amps with a master volume control perform the distortion in the preamp; thus, the equalizer is positioned after the distorting circuit. Classic amps without master volume control (such as Vox® AC-30), produce the distortion in their power amp. In this case, the equalizer is positioned before the distorting circuit. However, setting the position according to the original amp is not mandatory, since the authentic sound of the reference amp has already been captured, and therefore includes the original equalizer setting. Users of classical PROFILER models can use the EQ button as a shortcut to the EQ settings in the amplifier module.

✓ A dedicated tutorial video explaining the EQ in the stack section can be found at: http://www.kemper-amps.com/video

So..if You dial with the tone stack of the KPA it is different from what you'd get in the original amp.

How much diffrent?.. it depends.

but no ..

How close can that be to the sound of the original amp's sound with the same change in the treble setting? Obviously very close,

NOT Very Close.

Immagine like, Your'e adding to the amp just profiled an EQ in front or in its loop fx.

I had the MRX 10 Band EQ a long time ago.. it does not react as the amp's tone control right?

more or less it's the same with the tone stack in KPA

yes.. I mean that the Snapshot of a certain signal chain Includes those Dinamic characteristcs and captures a profile that behaves Dinamically like That.

-------------

From there You can start to adjust differents parmeters that go beyond the original sound.

But to roll up or down i.e. Bass on KPA does not modify the sound as rolling it on the original amo that You ve profiled..

To capture that setting You have to do a new profile.

not only of the amp but also of different cab/mike setting.

that's why, IMHO It's very appreciate to see all the fileds fulfilled with detalied info.

it helps to understand (remember) the settings used for that particoular profile.

t

and that's why sometimes you find pack of ..120 profiles.. of the same Amplifier on the same Cabinet

I m not an amp tech but the last time I open the KPA head, the Front input looks like the same as the headphones out... and this does not disconnect any other output.

Behind them There is a 2cmx2cm stamped board connected with 2 cables to the moterh board If I dont go wrong

All Martin Suijs profiles are good to my ears:

Marshall 71 SL V10 (2)Marshall 71 SuperleadMarshallMartin Suijs0.00 / 5.00 2020-04-19  Download
    Marshall 71 SL V8 + Archer 1Marshall 71 SuperleadMarshallMartin Suijs0.00 / 5.00 2020-04-19  Download
    Marshall 71 SL V8 + Archer 2Marshall 71 SuperleadMarshallMartin Suijs0.00 / 5.00 2020-04-19  Download
    Marshall 71 SL V8 + OCDMarshall 71 SuperleadMarshallMartin Suijs5.00 / 5.00 2020-04-19  Download
    Marshall 71 SL V8 + UnderdriveMarshall 71 SuperleadMarshallMartin Suijs0.00 / 5.00 2020-04-19  Download
    Marshall 71 SL V8 + KTRMarshall 71 SuperleadMarshallMartin Suijs5.00 / 5.00 2020-04-19  Download
    Marshall 71 SL V10 (1)Marshall 71 SuperleadMarshallMartin Suijs0.00 / 5.00 2020-04-19  Download
    Marshall 71 SL V8 (1)Marshall 71 SuperleadMarshallMartin Suijs4.00 / 5.00 2020-04-19  Download
    Marshall 71 SL V9Marshall 71 SuperleadMarshallMartin Suijs0.00 / 5.00 2020-04-19  Download
    Marshall 71 SL V8 (2)Marshall 71 SuperleadMarshallMartin Suijs0.00 / 5.00 2020-04-19  Download
    Marshall 71 SL V6Marshall 71 SuperleadMarshallMartin Suijs0.00 / 5.00 2020-04-19  Download
    Marshall 71 SL V7Marshall 71 SuperleadMarshallMartin Suijs0.00 / 5.00 2020-04-19  Download
    Marshall 71 SL V4Marshall 71 SuperleadMarshallMartin Suijs0.00 / 5.00 2020-04-19  Download
    Marshall 71 SL V5Marshall 71 SuperleadMarshallMartin Suijs0.00 / 5.00 2020-04-19  Download
    Marshall 71 SL V2Marshall 71 SuperleadMarshallMartin Suijs0.00 / 5.00 2020-04-19  Download
    Marshall 71 SL V3Marshall 71 SuperleadMarshallMartin Suijs0.00 / 5.00 2020-04-19  Download
    Fender DlxRvrb Dist + SD9Fender Deluxe Reverb 1964FenderMartin Suijs0.00 / 5.00 2020-04-13  Download
    Fender DlxRvrb Dist + JR 2Fender Deluxe Reverb 1964FenderMartin Suijs0.00 / 5.00 2020-04-13  Download
    Fender DlxRvrb Dist + OCD 2Fender Deluxe Reverb 1964FenderMartin Suijs0.00 / 5.00 2020-04-13  Download
    Fender DlxRvrb KoT2/SD9

yeah yeah .. for sure, it's not a problem for anybody

and not even a big problem for me in the end.. It not a ''Feature Request topic''

If I don't have aa A/B box as suggested, I can use the A guitar plugged in Aletrnative and Plug the B guitar in Front when I want a fast comparison.

When I disconnect the front input I still already have the A guitar ready to play.

(I just have to remeber to Mute with tuner when I Plug and Unplug the front Inpup to avoid shocking peaks from PA)

I was just wondering why it's working that way.

thanks everybody for your answers

I ve recently tried the Blackstar Fly3 with his Fly103 extension cabinet. It s a 3 watt stereo 3" speakers amp.

I've forgot to test to connect the KPA outs in the blackstar Aux In. Maybe it will work for You're practice time.