Posts by multivir1

Just a thought - I don't know if it's possible...

There is a 'competition' on the Fractal forum to get as close as possible to the sound of an old Fender Bassman that somebody found in a youtube video. Which made me think. If I want to profile that sound, I need to get a KPA to that guy and profile the amp right there.

Would it be technically possible to create an mp3 / wav file with the wobbling sound the KPA uses and just record the output - which can be e-mailed or ftp'd back to me and then run through my KPA?

The advantage is obvious: Not only can you profile your own amps that you can access right away, but also all the amps that your friends have - worldwide, without having to ship a KPA. Just send them the wobbling sound file - wait until you get their results back - put them into your KPA and you'd have a profile (minus the strumming part of the profiling process).

I'd be interested to hear from the Kemper team if that's technically possible.

So - in other words - does that mean that any competitor that incorporates profiling into their machine will be sued?

It sounded like Fractal was working on profiling for the AxeFX II - sounds it could be a bold venture for them.
    On the other hand - I never heard of Line6 taking anybody to court for stealing the idea of modeling amps.

Maybe one day in the future a profiler will be looked at as a device like a mixing console, a speaker or a vacuum cleaner ;)

How much extra space do you have with that bag? Will it fit a 9.5" device (wireless in-ear transmitter) in the large outer pouch? Can anyone post some pictures?

The title says it all - it would be cool if I could link certain patches to "directories".

That would make sorting the patches much more flexible. Right now it's date / created by / name etc.
    It would be cool if I could create directories for different bands, different guitars (acoustic / electric), factory vs. downloaded vs. own profiles, assign the rigs/profiles to a directory and didn't have to browse through hundreds of patches to find what I'm looking for.

It would be cool if I could also profile my stomp boxes. I don't know if it can be done - but I wouldn't have believed anybody who told me he could copy an amp's sound and behavior before I saw the KPA.

Maybe it would be possible to do that based on fx type - I assume that profiling a distortion pedal would be a different thing than profiling a delay effect or a chorus...

As mentioned by C. Kemper in one of the interviews, the hollow back of the KPA is great to store cables etc.
    It would be even better if there was a click-in door. Then you could really store your stuff inside without anything falling out. Sounds a bit weird, but would be very handy.

Hi,

Let me know if that's already possible. If not, then I'd like to raise a feature request.

Can I load 'general' IRs with the KPA like the Ownhammers, Redwirez or anything that was done with an AxeFx?
    That would be cool if we could use the stuff that's provided by the Fractal user community ;)

Thanks,

M.

It would be great if there was an option to select which input (front or alternative) is being used for which rig.
    That way you can work with two different guitars (acoustic & electric in my case) without having signal / feedback issues with more sensitive pickups.

Hi guys,

I have an AxeFx II and got my KPA yesterday. I can't afford to keep both. :S So I'm trying to get the KPA to do what my AxeFx does...
    Since I play a lot of acoustic guitar that also goes trough my AxeFx for effects (no amp modeling), I tried to get the same results on the KPA.
    So far, I didn't get a satisfying result. The signal from the AxeFX seems more balanced, the KPA - without anything (that I would know of) in the signal chain
    gives me a signal that I would say is not as "linear" for lack of a better description.

I would assume that AxeFx with no fx-blocks should sound about the same as the kemper when the stomps, stack, effects is off. It doesn't... It colors the signal. Did I forget to turn something off or is there a parameter I didn't pay attention to?

Thanks,

M.