Posts by audioholic

I have been renaming the beggeining of each name so I can go there first to my favs. But now there are so many I am not always doing that. A quicker feature like simply hitting a fav button would save time and from me renaming all the time.

Hey I started noticing clipping on ALL my clean patches, specially with my Les Paul, well it was more like an underlined fuzzy sound.

Even with the volumes all the way down, and no indication of clipping, mine sounded like this

http://www.energiestudios.com/Files/Fuzz.mp3

not sure what you are getting. But then I looked and saw that I still had a cable plugged out of the monitor send, as well as my main outs. AS SOON, as I unplugged that, the fuzzy stuff went away and I am back to normal. Well there is always just a tiny bit of fuzz behind some or most of the clean sounds, but its far enough in the back it doesn't bother me that much..

Ever wonder why your vocal recordings don't sound like so and so. Or your drum recordings don't sound like so and so. Must mean the real vocal chords and real drums aren't good enough. Radley is trolling and trying To get a rise. He has been planted here by the fractal groupies to stir up crap. Ha. Btw it all depends on the song , mix, production style etc what will dictate what. But it all comes down to the source sound and the Kemper delivers. The more some of the small but vocal distracters talk the more they reveal they really don't understand the process

I used Tyler's raw recto 3 double tracked with the stock king 4 patch I believe. Then I ran the bass guitar through a basman patch ad also took the clean out from the back and mixed them as desired for grit and clarity. This is a rough work in progress

Please do not over-react: I am simply saying that the natural sound of tube amps is usually not good enough (by itself) to make a great modern recording. PS: I've been a rather successful LA studio musician for 25+ years. The Kemper's high frequencies give it away - we are listening to numbers, not a paper cone into a mic.

You are not making sense to me though. So you are saying a tube amp isn't good enough to make a modern sounding recording and the Kemper doesn't sound as good ad a real tube amp

So what is left? An axe fx cause it sounds better then a real tube amp? Once again no offense but I think you have proven you don't really understand what all goes on in recording. And btw I have a degree in audio recording and it's my livelihood. Of course recording a good sounding amp is how we get a food sounding recording. Then if we want we double track. And then if it needs it we eq To fit in mix. This process is no different from a moddeller or a real tube amp. But the only time I have ever heard someone say a real amp isn't good enough to make a good recording was by a young Un experienced person who doesn't understand the process. This has nothing TI do with axe or Kemper but now saying even a real amp isnt good enough? Ha.

I have never been told my real amp wasn't good enough. Actually it was the other way around. I have told my moddeller at the time didn't sound good enough.

Guys - I don't mean to start an argument, but neither the Kemper nor the AFXII completely nail the sound coming out of the speaker of a tube amp. Kemper adds some extra 'digital fur' and fluctuation/wavering, and AFX sometimes adds a certain glassiness some may not prefer. In no way is there a huge difference between the two, and even if there was, the AFXII has way more tools to make a necessary correction. The fact is, most tube amps on their own don't compare to the sounds we now hear on recordings - I want more than basic amp emulation... I want great sounds at my command, and that involves more than a Marshall and a mic. I contend that the final winner of this epic battle will be the company who can deliver the kinds of sounds we hear on our favorite recordings, with the requisite pre and post EQ, post effects, etc.

. What are you talking about? Most tube amps don't sound as good as our favorite recordings??? Huh? Tube amps don't compare to what we hear on recordings you say? What do you think they are using to record? Certainly not modelers. No offense but you don't really know what you are talking about I believe and have moddeller itis. Of course tube amps sound great in recordings. It's what has been done for a long time now and will always be. When I profiled my amp I was nearly indistinguishable from the real recording. Actually close enough to make 50% of people not know which was real and which was Kemper.

Some of the mono Kemper patches have sounded much Better ad wider then some of the axes stereo cab patches. Ever since I have got the Kemper I am noticing the axe sound in every clip. Kemper is superior. It is more authentic If anyone has mixed both modelers and real amps though would know that the real amps breath and sit better 9/10 times.

You make it sound like they don't want to sell you an Axe? :) Why would Fractal or KPA or anyone else not want to sell something? Most people don't understand that they can't keep up with the demand, and that's the only reason they'r not easily available, they're not a huge company like Yamaha, Roland etc, you actually think they hold it back from selling, just to be: 'The very precious' guys" Sorry but I think you're totally wrong on that, it makes no sense at all.. :)

Yeah but you can "buy it now" IF you pay 500 extra Am I the only one who thinks that pretty crazy? I mean dang kinda sticking it to ya. You can pay extra money to jump the line. Good for cliff. Not good for the customer.

Don't let indecision make you freeze - sometimes too many choices is worse than too few...

well if you haven't guessed I wasn't meaning it as a bad thing. I had the Axe FX, and used all of 3 patches. yup, thats it. because there just wasn't as much that sounded GREAT. some was usable but not great. some not even close to what the actual amp sounds like. I have SO many great choices with the kemper now, I can be very happy with so much. I really feel this is amazing, because no longer did I spend so much money on a few usable sounds, I literally have over a hundred I could use for different stuff and be very happy. its such a great problem to have.
    :)

Guys I am running into a problem with my Kemper.........

There are Just TOOO MANY great sounds. I am not kidding. in the past with modellers including the one I will not name, I would find like 4 usable and great sounds and the rest were not really usable. I am running into the problem of having SO many great sounds, I probably have a 100-150 sounds in my kemper now that honestly would work for me in any given scenario. Its unreal. so many great options and new amps being put up daily. ITs like getting a new software update everyday. its insane. Was just playing through some patches, and there are times when it doesn't jump out, but the next day its like, oh yeah, that is friggen awesome. what a great piece of studio gear...