Posts by sonopibe

Michael, many thanks for your replay ...
    I guess it has to do with the guitar and the guitar player then ... :)
    I also play with a guitar with a capacitor to not loose high freq. content when the volume is down but I guess you just play better than me :)
    I'm gonna be checking out the anderson guitars as well... I also have to roll off the bass in every profile ...
    Anyways, thanks for the answer and the great work.
    Cheers

Ale

jboogie13 - Thanks so much for the positive feedback! Let me know how it works out in rehearsal as well.

sonopibe - Thank you as well. I'm glad you're liking the Dumble pack. Regarding the Dumble ODS F7, I have my clean sense and distortion sense set at 0.0 dB. The Anderson guitar I use for the recordings is a Cobra (les paul scale) with 3 Duncan Antiquity P90's. Anderson does put a resistor/capacitor on the volume pot so it doesn't lose high end when you turn the volume down. I don't know if that would cause the different sound when turning the volume knob down, but it's definitely possible. When I record the clips for the site, I don't do any eq-ing or dynamics in ProTools, just straight into the interface (Propellerhead Balance) and all I do is set the record level. I re-store the rig after recording clip and that is what I put in the package. I can't think of any other tricks other than just different players. Other guitarists may not sound the same as me and it may have to do with how hard/soft I pick? I'm not sure. I use a heavy pick but I don't pluck that hard most of the time. I feel it yields more dynamics and I can pick harder for effect. I do know that Anderson is a pretty special guitar. I've been trying to get a backup for it and it's hard to find one that sounds as good, even with similar pickups.

And on a different note, I was in the studio with Lonestar yesterday recording some new tracks. I've done spec and demo project recording at home since I've had the KPA but I haven't done a full-on session using it at a big studio until yesterday. We tracked at the historic Oceanway Studio in Nashville and I brought in both the Kemper and a few heads and cabs so I could have options in case the KPA wasn't knocking the socks off of the engineer. I got there a little early and checked levels and sounds a bit and the engineer thought they were comparable enough to try the Kemper so when we cut the first song, I used my Vox AC30 B3 profile and I thought it sounded great. When we listened back in the control on the best take, it sounded awesome. I ended up using the KPA on all four songs, 2 with the Vox rig, 1 with the Dumble Cln and 1 with my 72 Marshall Tim profile. We track with a second guitar player (big league studio player) and he was extremely impressed by the tones I was getting and saying he needs to get a Kemper. I was a little nervous going in because the KPA is still kinda new to Nashville and wasn't sure how readily accepted it was going to be, but I think it turned out great and I'm glad that the tones stood up in that environment. I'm going to be doing the guitar overdubs and solos with it at home as well. It sure simplified things and I moved all that other heavy gear for nothing. Ha.

hey !
    Just bought the Duble pack and I think is absolutely brilliant... I just love it ! thank you Michael for your great work.
    Just a quick question: I was trying out the profile Dumble ODS F7 -the first in the demos section on your web - and I see that you use the volume in your guitar to make it break ...
    How do you have the clean sense and distort sense in your Kemper?
    because when I roll the volume down in my guitar I get a different effect ... maybe is that?

Also in your demos they have more "personality" than when I play the. - I do have great guitars, cables, pedals, etc- on top of amazing playing, any other tricks?
    Thanks indeed.
    Ale

The samples on this New pack are amazing... I've recently finished the soundtrack for a film using almost exclusively Pack 1 and I have to say, that even though I love how that pack sounds, I found it to be a little bit noisy maybe? specially in long releases of notes? -like the last chord of a song - has anyone had the same experience? Sample pack 2 and 3 seem to have a bit less of that "Amp noise floor" What do you think?
    Cheers

Ale

The clean sense just might be my problem ...
    I have them both at 0db which I´m sure its wrong ... how do you guys have that set up?

I have strat, tele, lap steel, jazz bass and I´m using all with the Kemper.
    Mid overdrive or clean sounds at the edge of breaking up, with the odd High Gain is what I usually use ... but I hear a bit of hiss in the decay of chords and notes ...
    I recently recorded the soundtrack of a Spanish film with this set up, and it worked great, but I could still her the noise, which is annoying ...
    Any ideas?
    Many thanks !
    Ale

I have problems ! || How do you guys do it?
    Do you pump up the Cabinet Volume? or the Volume knob in the front panel, or the Master Volume, or what ?
    I have problems, noises hiss, etc ...
    Cheers

Ale

sonopibe can you tell us a bit more info on the sound/flavour of the bass profiles this will be something I'm very interested in

Several great all around full sounding bass profiles. Very controled, very ballsy, great sounding all around type of thing..
    Having such a great sound, made me think a bit more about my bass line in a production I was working on a couple of days ago ... Brilliant !

I also bought Mr Wagener's rokpak. Amazing profiles; clearly different from the all the other stuff out there; I found extremely useful the bass profiles as well ... And the ones combining different amps are just brilliant . The presence of the sound in every single profile is simply the best I've ever heard - nothing that you don't already know -
    I absolutely love the pack and definitely hope that you make some more eventually. And maybe cover the less rock-like sounds? Maybe more matchless, 65 amps, vox amps just starting to break up ...? That kind of thing? I'd love to see those on your next pack ! And count me in for the preordering again :)
    Many thanks indeed for your work.

Ale

http://www.alemarti.com

I´m not sure if I did actually ... I still have weird stuff regarding gain ... my right channel is still louder unfortunately.
    And sometimes I still get distorted sounds -yet that might be because of the wacky thing I´m doing with delays and reverb-
    I did have some problems with my rigs in general though...
    Can you give me any tip about this issue?
    My right channel is still louder and I do have some clipping ...

Thanks !

Ale

I think I've cracked it ...
    Not very easy the gain stageing in Kemper.
    I had some weird things going on regarding gain in my rigs ...
    I think everything memes more sense now ...

Hi ! I have a problem ...
    I´m trying to use the "Loop Stereo" for conecting my lovely Kemper to some pedals -Line 6 DL4, and Strymon´s TimeLine and Big Sky-
    For some reason, in the return -and therefore in my recording track- I get more signal on the right channel -the one coming in from "Alternative Input"- than on the left... which is bad ...
    On top of that, it sounds a bit distorted; like if it was peaking the input in my pedals ...
    Any thoughs? I´m going crazy here...

It´s slightly louder on the right channel and a bit distorted ...

I absolutely love Armin's work... I have many of his profiles and will definitely get some more. Very 3D, very real and with loads of personality. Does anyone have clips of the AC 30? I'd love to hear his ac30 profiled a bit more, and on his website, he just have one sample - which sounds great- anyone?
    Thanks !

Ale

It used to be right there and I just cant find it anymore since 1.6 ...
    I record a lot with orchestras and that's always 442 instead of 440, so i used to change a lot between 440 - for non orchestral work- and 442...Help please !
    I'm loving 1.6 by the way... Much more of a 3D sound, I think ... Though the upper register changed a bit ...