Posts by net99

Hi,
    Just uploaded some rigs profiled with my Mesa Boggie Dual Rectifier MultiWatt.

From orange channel and red channel.
    Cab = Mesa Rectifier 4x12 , V30
    Also made DI profiles from them.

Hope someone like it :)

-------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
    Just uploaded some more profiles to RE.
    This time from the Orange Modern Channel and Maxon OD808, (same setting in every profile).
    KPA version 3.0.2
    DI, (DAP) made with Behringer Ultra-G and Mesa Slave Out. (For testing if there is a difference).
    Merged Profiles from DI, (Direct Amp Profile), and CAB from ST, (Studio Profile).
    Studio Profiles made with different mics, (SM57, GA FC2 (sheap condenser U87 copy) and blended with SM57 + GA FC2. (More info in the profiles).

Enjoy if you like :)

// Björn

Has anyone else noticed that the input LED turns red a lot easier after the update?
    I update both my Kempers and they react the same.
    I dont hear any clipping only seems LED displays wrong?

Does the "reamp sense" for SPDIF reamping connection work for you? I didn't notice any level change when I tried to optimize my reamping signal from my interfaces SPDIF out...

Hi,
    Maybe this info from "Kemper Profiler Addendum 2.2.pdf" will help you ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Step four: reamping input levelling

For an optimum signal-to-noise ratio, levelling the reamping input is just as critical as levelling the pure instrument output.
    The levelling is done by the output level of the recording device; it cannot be adjusted in the Profiler. In particular, the SPDIF signal can only be adjusted in the sending device, by definition.
    Play your guitar through the armed track, or play back a previously recorded track. Watch the Input LED on the Profiler while you adjust the output volume on the recording device. The LED should turn to yellow on hard string strokes, but not more. This is all you need to do, so long as the rig you are reamping has no distorting amp or effect in the signal flow.

If you reamp a distorting rig, you might notice that the amount of distortion still differs from the original, despite following the above procedure. This is a natural consequence of the correct levelling of input and output: the levelling is made to achieve an optimum signal-to-noise ratio, but does not deal with the preservation of the original instrument level. This is what the parameter "Reamp Sense" is for; simply dial the desired amount of distortion with Reamping Sense - then you are set!

Summary

For correct levelling and reproduction of a distorted rig with a reamped instrument, two level settings must be performed: the absolute reamp level at the recording device AND the amount of distortion by Reamp Sense. For clean sounding rigs, only the absolute reamp level is necessary.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

// Björn

Hi guys,
    This is just a demosong from my band Hollow Breed recorded with KPA.
    There are some different profiles I used to record this one.
    Guitar used = VGS Pro Series Stage One Evertune
    Drums are Superior drums
    Mastered with EZMix 2

Link to demosong:
    http://soundcloud.com/bj-rn-gottfridsson/broken-shell-demo-2

Link to profiles if someone want to try those:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…elade%20med%202013-09.zip

We are no pro so please be nice :)

// Björn

Hi,
    I have had my Kemper, (white toaster) for 18 months now and I'm still amazed how good it sounds and feels to play.
    Mostly I play with it at home in my little home studio.
    I am so pleased with it so I just ordered a Power Rack to :)
    Meanwhile, I've had it, it has happened a lot with the development of software in it and it seems to be very good features released every time.
    There is so much good profiles on rig exchange to download and even buying from the guys selling, and there seems to be new one´s all the time :)
    I play mostly with high gain sounds.
    For me, this is one of my best purchases.

Hi,
    Yeah, same here.
    I sent a request on the 2th September.
    I have also sent them mail twice and asked how long delivery time they have for the voucher/kemper PowerRack but got no answer ?(
    Just wanna know how long I have to wait for it.

// Björn

I got my kit today :)
    No problem at all installing.

One thing I notice is that the Delay turn on by itself on one of my rigs after a while ?(
    I had the UNO chip installed before and no problem at all.
    I should do some more testing with other rigs to see if it´s just that rig going little crazy.

My setup:
    Upper row: 6 = Stomp C, 7 = Stomp D, 8 = Mod, 9 = Delay, 10 = Rev.

Lower row: 1 = Rig 1, 2 = Rig 2, 3 = Rig 3, 4 = Rig 4, 5 = Rig 5.

Left pedal = Wah

Right Pedal = Volume

Tap tempo = external footswitch

Anyone else had problem with Delay turn on by itself ???

// Björn