Posts by net99

Björn, of course I have understood what the problem was in the sense of symptoms but not the reason for it, so my curiosity is with that. ;)
    I think it would be useful to send your short summary to somebody from Kemper on this forum, e.g. Burkhard or Timo, as due to the traffic here this might get lost otherwise.

It's good all is working now as expected!

Ingolf, I suppose you did :)
    I just thought I write a detailed explenation.
    Yeah, I could send Timo a copy of my problem and my solution just for info if anyone else got the same problem.
    Thanks for your help :thumbup:

// Björn

Did you really have to flash?
    Why?
    I still don't see what the problem and the solution was.

Problem was different levels out from "Monitor out" and "Direct out".then setting those to Master Left and Master Right.
    Match same level out on Master page 2.
    I connected those to my mixer instead when I tested the second time,,equal settings on gain input mixer.
    Testing with a lot of different rigs but level from "Direct out port" was much lower then "Monitor out port".

I even tested to disable Stomps, Stack and Effect section but same problem, level out from "Direct out" lower.
    I downgrade to 1.8.2 but no difference.
    Upgrade again to 2.0.0 beta but no difference.

Finaly made a "total reset", Formating Flash and Init Flash, testing levels with Def rig comming up after that and levels are equal.
    (Had to do some settings again under Master section of course before trying).

Made a restore of my backup I had taken before reset and now I got the problem back.

Doing a total reset again and this time I did not restore my backup instead I had to import all my rigs and make my midisettings and all the other settings from scratch again.
    Now are levels out equal, problem gone, so this was the soloution.

Happy Kemper guy again :)

// Björn

I recieved mine without any problem.
    Have done some testing and I must say you have done a GREAT WORK :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Mostly I liked those with M1 cab, but that´s just me

Thanks a lot

// Björn

You're welcome. Please let us know what you'll find.

Hi,
    This one was a hard one to solve.
    Finally I got it to work but I had to do a total reset, (see below)
    After reset and I restored my backup I also had the problem back so I had to start from scratch with all my rigs and settings.
    But now it works :thumbup:

-------------------------------------------------------

INSTALL OR REINSTALL THE FIRMWARE

Switch the main knob off;

download the latest KPA firmware;

use your usual KPA-formatted USB stick;

copy the unzipped firmware file kaos.bin into the root folder of the USB stick (NOTE: there must be no other copy of the kaos.bin file elsewhere on the stick);

plug the USB stick into the KPA;

press and hold both '<' and '>' keys;

switch KPA to tuner while still holding both keys;

something like 'booting and installing' will be displayed;

wait until the firmware is reinstalled;

erase the internal flash memory. NOTE: all the rigs will be erased during this procedure!

switch the main knob to off;

hold the left/top soft-key above the LCD;
    switch KPA to tuner while still holding this key: Maintenance Module will be started;

in the Maintenance menu go to Memory;

use Memory FormatFlash and InitFlash;

check if the KPA works (booting, tuner);

reinstall your rigs. I recommend to just install the stock rigs (in case you have corrupted rigs on your USB stick);

load additional rigs;
    check if all rigs work.

-------------------------------------------------------

// Björn

I have just tested this again. Using your above configuration (which is correct for getting stereo monitor out) you also must match monitor and direct out volume on page 2 of the master menu.

I get the same level of left and right signals, identical to main output.

Yes, I matched both volume levels on page 2 but there was different levels.
    Direct out has lower level then Monitor out.
    I even tried to swap the cables to DXR, (shifting R and L), and still lower output from Direct out.

I will try this again to se if I got the same result.
    Now I know it works for you so there is no bug in program version 2.0.0 beta :).

I get back then I have tested some more.

Thank´s for your help Ingolf :)

Just picked up 2 dxr12s... absolutely phenomenal.. LOVE them

Me to picked up 2 DXR 12s. Awesome :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I have a small question.
    I want to use "monitor" and "direct out" connected to the DXR 12s.
    On the "master page", you can set the "Monitor" = "Master Left" and "Direct" = "Master Right", ( if I remember correctly).
    Although I set the same volume on both so is it different levels out from KPA ?(

If I try the "Master Left and Right" outputs I have the same level :!:

My idea is to set so that "Monitor" and "Direct" follows the "Master Volume Control" and then send a separate mix from XLR Left and Right to "house system" that is not affected by the "Master Volume control."

How does it work for you other guys who run in stereo ?
    Have you tested this config ?
    Do you have different levels out in that case ?

My KPA run on ver 2.0.0 beta.

// Björn

Hi,
    I got the same problem.

I have tried to localize in which part the noise is generated and I think it´s in the "amplifier" section.
    If I press "amplifier" switch once it´s gone, press it again and there is the noise again.
    You have to use a clean sound to discover the problem.
    Using latest beta 2.0.0 (8573), and I used a guitar with passive humbuckers, no clipping in signal chain.
    Even tried to move away from KPA but no difference.

Tomorrow I can try to downgrade to 1.82 again to dubbelcheck if the problem is gone.

Does it help if you change sync to SPDIF in DAW ?
    I see you have Internal in last Picture.

// Björn

Hi
    I don´t know if it helps to set DAW to sync slave to SPDIF in.
    KPA has to be master I think.

When I am reamping I set SPDIF/output to Master stereo and make a new Stereotrack in DAW with SPDIF in
    It´s the only difference I am using from your description.
    (Using Nuendo).

Hope it helps :)

// Björn

i think i mostly prefer the ones ending with two. Presumably this is your second mic position. Whereever you put it, keep it there :)

Ahh, OK.
    I could mention how I have named my rigs.
    for example
    "BG MarkV CH3 EXT 2" = Original sound which I profiled
    "BG MarkV CH3 EXT 21" = same profile as above but I have changed some settings on the profile in the KPA, eg EQ, Boost or added any effect.
    "BG MarkV CH3 EXT 22" Changed some more settings, and so on.
    Hope you understand what I mean :)
    So mic position is the same.
    // Björn

^The man speaks the truth.

Another thanks here, man! :thumbup:
    Haven't found a really killer Recto profile yet, maybe this is it! And the Mark V certainly needs to have a thorough set of profiles done to capture it's full range.

May i ask what volume these were profiled at?

Hi,
    Dont remember exactly but the volume was probably much like in the rehearsal room.
    Enough for the drummer to hear but not so much so that the windows fall out :)

// Björn