Posts by mikeb

For what it's worth, I use amp and cab, as well as FRFR live. And also fwiw, my kemper sounds absolutely glorious with my VHT 2902 power amp, however these are some of the most neutral and powerful amps ever made, they sound insane though. That is my Monitor out signal, while one of my Main outs goes to a mackie hd1531 that sits in front of me. Then, another Main out or 2 to FOH... Absolutely awesome and I get the best of, well, all 3 worlds :D

My theory is the VHTs much closer to FRFR than other power amps. This is why the Kemper likes them more :D

I owned a Mesa Dual Recto for about 5 years. At some point I purchased a Marshall JMP-1 with the idea I would use it in the loop of the Recto, so just using the power amp.

It sounded absolutely horrid, trebly, no body, just the nastiest horrid distortion I ever heard. No amount of tweaking made it work well. Now I have heard the JMP-1 into a VHT power amp and it sounded glorious. Conclusion: mesa's effects loop return does not work well as a power amp under most circumstances.

I highly suggest you move on as this chain will not sound good imo.

I had this low output level problem and posted some threads about it. Did the system reset/flash format, levels are correct again. CK, I tried literally everything to fix my output levels and the only thing that fixed it in the end was the flash format. In this thread another person said the same thing. Maybe there is actually an issue.

I run and operate a computer business and while I do not understand the low level workings of the Kemper, I DID try every last thing including screwing around with my DAW setup to fix the problem. I really believe there is a memory corruption problem that manifests itself in a variety of ways including volume problems and tinny/odd sounding high end on profiles. For me it took me nearly a month of messing around with different stuff and NOT being able to play my Kemper, out of desperation I did the flash format. If it had not worked I would have had to get an RMA.

Whether it is true or not It is sad they need incur in such dubious tactics . I have to agree they seem desperate. Cliff himself even said that he is going to tone match the best KPA profiles and upload them to Axe Exchange. :S

Btw, If hope you are able to fix the aliasing issues soon.

This is a hilarious statement. If he was a Fully Grown Male Individual (tm) he would know that 'tone matching' the KPA is like saying he is going to tone match real amps which is what his product is supposed to do anyways. 8o :love:

I like how their test clip has no guitar tone in it. I really have no idea what that thread is even trying to say. Maybe if I listen to sweeping sine wave tones all day it would mean something.

Sounds very much like your overgained problem can be fixed with the Input sense, use it! I actually spent over an hour messing with that simple button, tuning it to my guitars. I used a variety of profiles including clean and very high gain.. Once that was done I feel the EXACT same response and gain structure as real amps.

I should say this, the Volume matters! All amps sound better with tons of volume imo.

I havent used my real Marshall JMP since I bought the Kemper. For one thing it actually sounds better to me at lower volume levels than my rig and of course I get tons of awesome tones. Its really stunning how good this thing sounds. Mind blowing for me.

I also happen to think that the reaction and response is nearly dead on to a real tube amp. It makes me smile every time. :thumbup: