Posts by mikeb

CK may get pissed at me for saying this again but it sounds like you have flash memory corruption. My fix was to perform a flash format followed by restoring from backup. There are instructions in the problem forum. This did fix my high end odd-sounding issues as well as others.

It sounds like your flash memory got corrupted. I think it might happen loading beta firmwares.. it did happen to me and I started hearing all kinds of bad things from my Kemper. The thing to do to fix it is a flash format which you can find instructions for on the problem forum.

Whether or not you care to fix it is up to you! I had the same type of issue and now I am all fixed up. Remember to perform a backup before you do the format because it will wipe all settings.

I stand corrected!

Looking forward to more development on this!

Maybe we could connect KPA to a portable Wi-Fi Router, and then control the KPA wirelessly using TB MIDI Stuff, TouchOSC or Lemur on iPad ?

If the internal server can control midi parameters.. that would be pretty neat. Yes wireless would be dooable!

Yes there is a webserver running on the LAN connector on the Kemper, I already plugged mine in and my router found a new device which requested and SET an IP address. That is all I know so far.

I actually had this happen for me using the latest firmware. I was using a Booster/Line Driver pedal into the front of the Kemper (which worked before latest firmware) and I was getting that odd LOUD/CLIP thing happening when hitting strings super hard. I think I turned my Kemper off for about 20 mins while unplugged from the mains and when I switched it back on it was fine. Odd for sure.

The title says it all. I'm sure I'm just being really dim here, but I just don't comprehend all of the functionality of this feature.

Perhaps this thread will become so populated with useful answers, that it will cover an entire chapter in the KPA-wiki that's recently been produced. I sincerely hope so. 8)

Thanks in advance! :)

Lock feature locks a particular function so when you change rigs that thing won't switch for the stored rig preset. You can lock almost any setting. For example, long hold the INPUT button, set your guitar clean and distorted sense to taste, now hit the lock button. When you flip through rigs now the input sensitivity won't change. You would use this particular setting for one particular guitar.

Very nice dude, very nice. Lots of effort here obviously.

I was wondering if you could do some sound clips with these amp profiles.. sight unseen and unheard, its hard to buy a profile even if I want it in theory.
    :thumbup:

My perspective on the Kemper is that it actually beats real amps for me because the recording chain matters, such as the preamp, mics, mixing console.. etc. A good producer can create amp sounds that you simply can't or won't be able to achieve without spending tons of time and money.. and you can just download that same tone with the Kemper. For me it literally solved every problem I had with amps... even my volume problems. I haven't turned on my real amp since I bought the Kemper.

Actually I did find a problem with this, that being that one of the 2 stereo channels (the left) is peaking way higher than the right, therefor clipping my interface.. I have to run overall lover levels because of this.. hmm odd.

e only one who's nutty like this but I figured I'd put it out there to the tweakers of the world who might not feel the Kemper is as good a tool as an Axe FX or other "modeler" type of product. Maybe I was getting away from a "true" representation of the amp profile being used, but to that I say "so what?" I was able to take a "meh" rig and turn it into something awesome.

I am exactly like you, I have tweaked exactly zero profiles. But what I did notice when I tried it is you only need to change a few of the parameters and BLAM you get what you want. What is interesting is for me is that I find changing cabs gets me huge differences that I wouldnt have expected as well.

d that the KPA 'Stereo Widener' (I use it in the X slot) makes some sounds VERY HUGE

I like the KPA with this effect more than the AxeFx with two amps/caps at the same time

If the default settings does not work for you - the effect has some parameters to play with ...

Thanks checking this out now, I had it on my list of things to try but kept forgetting.

[edit] aaaand yeah thats what Im talking about, sounds juicy and thick and large!

Is there a proove that a flash format solved a similar problem for a second person apart from you?

So far I have found maybe 3 posts about this on this forum which described the reset as fixing these issues. There is no proof however as I am only one person and have only one Kemper. All I can do is recommend things that worked for me. It could very well be hardware problems that I am not aware of. I am just trying to help.

I can say that my Kemper sounded exactly like his clips before I performed the format and after works perfectly. :)