KPA or not KPA

• Is there a proove that a flash format solved a similar problem for a second person apart from you?

So far I have found maybe 3 posts about this on this forum which described the reset as fixing these issues. There is no proof however as I am only one person and have only one Kemper. All I can do is recommend things that worked for me. It could very well be hardware problems that I am not aware of. I am just trying to help.

I can say that my Kemper sounded exactly like his clips before I performed the format and after works perfectly. :)

• So far I have found maybe 3 posts about this on this forum which described the reset as fixing these issues. There is no proof however as I am only one person and have only one Kemper. All I can do is recommend things that worked for me. It could very well be hardware problems that I am not aware of. I am just trying to help.

I can say that my Kemper sounded exactly like his clips before I performed the format and after works perfectly. :)

Please do me a favor and send these 3 forum links to me PM. I would like to further investigate that.

Thanks

• i've ABed my KPA to my VH4 and SLO clone through my iso cab using headphones extensively

i agree that there's a VERY minute, but noticeable lack of clarity in the higher frequencies, as well as small differences in how the amp responds to your pick attack. still, the kemper does a stellar job and it doesn't sound less real (or amp-like) because of this, imo.

i've found that the kemper's profiling does not work equally well with all amps. i've profiled my VH4 several times now, and the kemper simply can't reproduce the distortion's characteristics of the real amp on channel 3 or 4. still, it's possible to get some excellent tones with it!

my point is that it's not about being pedantic on the minute differences between the KPA and the amp being profiled, but about good tone!
    the kemper certainly is capable of delivering great tone with amp-like response, even if in many cases the profiles are not 100% identical to the original amp.

luckily, for people like me that like to boost their higain amps with a tubescreamer, this tiny differences between profile and real amp become negligible.
    my only gripe is that my TS808 clone or OD808 stills sounds a tiny bit grainier and fatter than the KPA TS808 model.

after having owned an AxeFX standard for over 3 years, i finally get to spend more time playing than tweaking and not being happy with the result!

my 2c

• my only gripe is that my TS808 clone or OD808 stills sounds a tiny bit grainier and fatter than the KPA TS808 model.

my 2c

It sounds identical to the original.
    Please take care that only the first half of the tone control reflects the full tone range.
    Do your clones all sound the same?

• It sounds identical to the original.
    Please take care that only the first half of the tone control reflects the full tone range.
    Do your clones all sound the same?

Just curious: Did you model a vintage TS or the reissue?

I have a TS808 reissue I bought last year. I couldn't get the KPAs green screamer to sound the same until I found out about the different ranges of the corresponding tone control. Now it's fairly close to the original I think. I think that's probably the only thing I'm missing in the manual, a short information on the the control ranges Kemper vs. original pedals.

One word regarding the OD808 as it was mentioned in this thread a couple of times. Unless it is a real vintage piece (which was identically to a TS as Maxxon was the OEM for Ibanez) the newer OD808 is NOT identical to a TS808 (vintage or reissue). I had an OD808 reissue and it is a different circuit and does sound different. You can mod it to TS specs but I never bothered to do that so I don't know how close it comes afterwards.

• Reissue.

When you adjust the tone by ear, and not by eye, you should have a perfect match.

Good point - closing the eyes or having someone else do the tweaking while you're not looking, thus eliminating the preconceptions of knob settings....

All modelers known to man 8o