Posts by mikeb

Im running

2 x KRK Rokit 8"
    2 x KRK Rokit 5"
    1 x BlueSky 12" active monitor sub

The KRKs by themselves sounded great.. the subwoofer takes them to an entirely new level with the Kemper. You can adjust the 'thump' using the cab's gain control, basically it makes the Kemper ultimate for home use and practice. Above kinda loud levels.. I don't know. Probably some majorly awesome flat monitors. I was thinking of doing a 2x2 stack of active monitors and then 500w+ sub on the side. That would yeild around 400 clean watts for the 4 speakers and an extra 500w for the sub. Might keep up with a half stack+50w tube amp. :thumbup:

I have a few pops that seem to be happening randomly (via SP/Dif) every now and again - although they are pretty rare, but they usually happen every 5 - 10 minutes for no apparent reason (even while playing and not messing around on the KPA or PC).

Hmm, let's see... We got Crackle and Pop.

So, just Snap's missing for the party! :P

I had this out of the box, had to perform a system reset to get it to stop.

No difference for me here. I hear these "aliasing" effects on the Wet Queen patch only with the distortion pedal (still slightly with the amp itself), I tried doing a flash format and init and reinstalling factory default rigs, still there. I'm pretty sure this update hasn't addressed this particular issue as otherwise it would have been mentioned in the release notes (and we'd hear it).

Ah ok! Interesting. I'll stick with 1.04 I guess. I don't hear any aliasing in that firmware.

NM

Yes, digital aliasing has been a problem in certain areas (as I & others have pointed out numerous times on this board) but it is now being addressed as I write this - Kudos to Kemper for continuing the upward quest towards 'tonal Nirvana'... We aren't there yet, but the goal line is rather clear in sight at this point! 8)

Look man, you have your own 'issues'. My Kemper sounds great.

I had a lot of hiss/noise and 'background digital noise' on clean rigs, and also had quite a low output level going out via XLRs to stereo Mackie SRM350s. Was even considering going back to my heavy old JVM410. This was on 1.0.8.

I did a factory reset (hold top left soft button when switching from OFF to TUNER) and reset and intialised the flash memory. Then loaded a selection of rigs from the exchange (all Till Schleicher's rigs - thank you Till, they are great).
    Noise has now gone, and output level is WAY louder - was wondering why the Mackies sounded so quiet, now I know!

So a reset seems to help even without going back from 1.0.8 to 1.0.4. Not sure it was the flash memory reset, having less rigs in memory, or maybe one of the rigs was corrupted - who knows! But it worked for me :)

good to hear! I wasn't sure if 1.08 had the same flash reset but since it does, nice! :thumbup:

to forgive us Christoph, we just like to play Sherlock and try to figure out what's really happening inside this box of tricks. Not because we want to reverse engineer the KPA or because we're trying to make a fuss and noise, but simply because we want to understand what's going on, to work out what the causes are so that we can avoid them and give useful advice to others if they experience this, and so that we can give the best feedback to you to save you time with tracking down and solving these issues. We want to help, a

This exactly what motivates my posts. Also, I fix computers for a living so it is my job to figure out software and hardware combinations for clients. I can't speak for other people but I have played my guitar about 30x more with my Kemper than without it and that is all any musician can ask. something that speaks to your inner artist! The Kemper delivers this better than ANY other equipment I have ever used.

:love:

Really? A preamp pedal should not have impedance problems.
    The only situation where severe impedance problems happen is feeding the passive guitar into a mic or line input.

Bottom line is the preamp is cheap and not-so-good sounding anyways. I really am not worried about it at all. Most of the high gain profiles sound a lot better than it anyways. :thumbup:

Most assuredly the problem is not with the Kemper but with the preamp box.

are told that the newer noise gate works better in terms

Sorry, that comment was more a result of frustration than me complaining. I have not communicated enough with support regarding my issues but in the long term, they have in fact been solved.

That is interesting about the noise gate. I have not tried updating to 1.08 firmware again given that 1.04 is working well for me. What also helps is the Master Volume works for the SPDIF in 1.04.

There is a real issue with corrupted system settings. That was the basis of all my issues.

CK you are 100% correct about impedance being the issue here. I thought my Direct Out was too hot because the signal into my Digitech Preamp Pedal was being overloaded but it was just impedance mismatch. The preamp pedal was expecting a high impedance and got low instead.. which I guess makes it overdrive like crazy.

Mikeb, you should send a mail to support with this exact procedure. Maybe they can retrospectively check what's going on....

Wow, well spotted. This must be random and would also explain why a lot of people is not experiencing the same problems....

My thoughts exactly.

I will do this, I did in fact send Kemper a few e-mails about my SPDIF clipping but we never figured out what it could have been. Of course now it works perfectly.. so I should definitely let them know.

:thumbup: