Posts by GOlson

Is the direct profiling feature enabled in 2.7.4? I haven't tried any profiling with it, but I just noticed that the 4th button on pg. 8 of the System menu actually will light up when pressed. Since that's the secret button in 2.8, I was wondering about it...

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet (at least I didn't see anyone talking about it), but last night Kemper posted pictures on facebook of what look like Kemper DI boxes to work with the new 3.0 FW. Anyone know anything about these?

The "mini-KPA" case looks great! Yet another Kemper product to purchase...

[Blocked Image: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10407940_1031289286887394_476884450244499558_n.jpg?oh=4c1dc088c1b4a498240714715873f4ab&oe=556D8B36&__gda__=1432449372_85438f7a744bc2cc7acb54e4192835e2]

[Blocked Image: https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10882306_1031289306887392_4974627558129003224_n.jpg?oh=4fe3b66e28d66438a77ba59865b4bb25&oe=556E79D3]

I also use the ISP. I'm worried that mounting ISP + power supply back of the KPA will cause heat, get to hot. Maybe Im wrong? Do you put ISP at the bottom or power supp at the bottom? /Hans J

I've had the ISP mounted in the back of my KPA for a few months now, been using it for band rehearsals twice a week, and have done a couple of live shows with it as well. After 40 minutes at live volumes, the ISP is warm, but nothing that seems concerning at all. I have mine with the power supply on top. Works and sounds great! You can see my setup here:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I also use an FC-300. It works flawlessly with the Kemper, and has amazing build quality. Super solid piece of gear, highly recommended.

Thanks man! I do drafting and design at a steel fab shop, so I designed some brackets to hold the Stealth in there. They use the KPA's existing holes on either side, and use the existing screws too. Works really well! And yeah, there's just enough room in there to fit the power supply as well. Could hardly ask for a better fit!
    Let me know if you (or anyone else) would be interested in a pair of those brackets, I can look into getting some more cut. Would probably be a small cost for material and shipping.

Love it! I agree with nakedzen too though. I've tried profiling with an HM2 in the chain before as well, and the Kemper just doesn't seem to be able to capture that jagged chainsaw distortion that the HM2 produces. It'll get the "sound" of it, the eq, but can't quite get the chainsaw.
    That being said, a profile like this would be great for when you actually don't want too much of that saw sound, for something along the lines of The Fathomless Mastery, for example.
    Nice job! Is the profile on the exchange?

Great mixes too, btw!

Thanks!

To be honest, I don't notice any appreciable difference in feel or response between the two. The Stealth is some kind of modified Class A/B design, so it feels and sounds great. Pretty much the perfect aftermarket amp for the Kemper, imo. My only complaint is that it doesn't have a power switch, but I run my rig through a power conditioner, and just use it as a global power switch.

Thanks for listening guys!

Absolutely, the 6505's power section colors the KPA a lot! I know (and I see) several people who use a Kemper or other modeling preamp this way when playing live, and there always seems to be an ongoing "tube vs. solid state" debate. And it seems that people almost always claim to prefer the tube amp's sound in an A/B comparison. I just wanted to see how big of a difference there was, and if it can be minimized.
    But definitely, I agree. I wouldn't (and don't) actually go to any effort to make it sound "like a tube amp", I'd just dial up something that I think sounds good. I haven't played live with the KPA/ISP combo yet, but at band practice, with acoustic drums, it sounds great and there's plenty of volume on tap. I think the ISP, a 180W Class A/B amp in a package that weighs just over 1 pound and costs much less than any similarly powered tube amp, is a pretty legit product. 8)

malleus, Yeah, I'd like to do this with a powered Kemper too!

lobster56, I use the main outs to run the Stealth in stereo. I haven't tried the monitor out, it wouldn't sound any different though, I don't think?

Hey guys, I've been using the ISP Stealth for a little while now with my Kemper, and I've been super impressed with it. Previously I was running the KPA through the power section of my 6505 head, so I decided to A/B the two amps with identical settings, at identical volumes, and see what kind of a difference there was. There was quite a noticeable difference between the two, so I made some very simple front panel eq adjustments to try to bring the two sounding closer. I could have analyzed the two tracks and gotten them closer with some fancy parametric eq'ing, but in the interest of simplicity and universality, I wanted to restrict myself to the front panel knobs.

Check it out and let me know what you think!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers!

greenblob I didn't say anything about the power supply! haha That just usually sits somewhere beside or behind the KPA, or down on the floor or wherever. The actual amp though, if you tilt it upwards into the back of the Kemper, it actually will sit in there with the two front feet acting as an anchor point. Stable enough if you're not knocking it around. I might need to post a picture later, I don't know if I explained it well. But I'm actually planning to build a harness that will screw into the Kemper and hold the Stealth securely. I'm a drafter/designer at a steel fab shop, so they can build it for me. :thumbup:
    Awesome little amp though. It should also be said that it only weighs 1.2 lbs!

I also use and recommend the ISP Stealth. It's actually small enough to fit into the back of the lunchbox KPA, and it's incredibly loud. No trouble for playing in a band situation. It's 180W mono or 90W per side stereo, and it's a class A/B amp, rather than class D, so there isn't any harshness at high volumes (which is the reason most class D SS guitar amps need crazy high wattages). I was previously running my Kemper through the power section of my 6505 head, and the ISP sounds every bit as loud, and good, as the 6505. I had to bump up the bass a little bit to match the sound of the tube amp, but otherwise, it feels and sounds just as good to me. I'm super happy with it!
    It has great build quality, and for the price, I honestly don't think there's any better option for the Kemper!

Thanks guys! :)
    That guitar is my "SuperLoom"! haha I modded it by replacing all the nickel hardware with black, changing out the pickups, and I also routed out the upper fret access. It's a killer guitar! Although, the new 2014 Loomis model is basically exactly the same now, except for the pickups, of course!