Posts by Brattcave

davec69
    That's a nice idea... Might be good to combine a few sequential patches of 5 rigs to organise the likes of Armin's profiles where he includes different increments of gain in his profiles. I guess you can already do this but it adds another layer of useful organisation. I wonder what's next... Things are looking good 8o

+1
    It would indeed be manly to have more folders.
    Not had a chance to load up Performance mode yet so can't gauge if this could be a workaround... but folders would be more logical I think.

I for one admit to being a major player in the bedroom... and any sound that emanates from that room does indeed resemble whining.
    Can we please get back to playing nicely now. Lots of talent on this board - things work best when it pulls in the same direction.
    Lets chalk this all up to creative differences and move on...

Ok so this is frustrating... Took delivery of my Adam A7Xs but the UK vendor (Digital Village) appear to be shipping via Germany these days. As the paranoid type the moment I saw this on the tracking site I just knew they'd ship me the wrong power cables. And of course I was right... Some UK figure of eight cables looked like they had been thrown in at the last minute but again... wrong cables. Like most other monitors the Adam's require a kettle lead type connection... DV then send me some UK ones but... 3 cables all with different fuses and nothing in the manual - pretty basic you'd think...

I've googled this with no success so does anyone know which flipping fuse I need?!
    The back of the Adams read 1.6AL for 250v operation ...never heard of that type of fuse - anyone know what type of fuse I need, the ones the shipped me were orginally (figure of 8 ) were 3A, these more recent ones with the kettle lead were 5A...

Can anyone shed any light? Was hoping to at least turn them on tonight!

Cheers! :thumbup:

Had a similar problem with Thomann when they shipped the KPA to me... German cables... PITA!

+1 A manly suggestion... Spdif input sense. Like it. :thumbup:
    By the way, I've had some problems with the output levels of the Spdif not being very loud. Only ever seems to come halfway up my DAW level meters.
    Could do with being a few Dbs hotter - wonder if anyone else found this?

Lol I was just browsing these speakers as my next upgrade actually. Thought about the A5x's as my room isn't too big. But like you say...for a little extra the A7x's look darn nice.
    I recall you posted a jpg of your room dimensions, not that different from mine actually. How they handling at lower volumes (e.g talking over)

Enjoy your new sounds!

Cheers for this Tony. I always like to have a nose about on what's new.
    Perfectly happy with the KPA, but out of interest I've not seen it stocked in this country yet - did you have to import it?
    As always - no one can fault you for commitment :D
    When you review something you really get stuck in don't you!
    Thanks again,
    Brett

This isn't perhaps a million miles away from the existing wave shapers and would fit very nicely alongside these effects.
    The arpegiator remark was a bit of a throwaway line. I don't really expect this to be added, would seem like a major addition.

With regards to the wave stomp, is there a comparable effect elsewhere you could point us to? E.g YouTube or sound cloud? It sounds like a nice idea and I like the use of the existing ducking parameters. This one could well have legs...

This would indeed be awesome, but in order to pull this off you'd probably need some serious experience of making synth type sounds and.... Oh Hang on...ah... Maybe there is a way we could ACCESS sounds like this after all... 8)

Even better if they tagged on an arpegiator with this...

+1

Some users post links to their drop boxes here but the majority of profiles are uploaded to the rig exhange.
    This is located on a separate section of the site:

http://kemper-amps.com/page/re…ig_Exchange_Download.html

Main site, then under community

You can sort by the different columns here or search directly for what you want. Sometimes the author's name will be different from their username but they'll usually tell you that when they post here.

Hope this helps... Let us know if it doesn't!

I'm slightly concerned that the sort of picture he'll likely post here in response to this thread could well end up in criminal proceedings... and whilst I'm sure the Don is a smashing chap, I'm not sure if you'd want to share a cell with him...