Posts by and44

nice idea.
    however, sorry to be a stuck in the mud, but the problem with artist profiles, is it really depends on your setup.. - you could make i.e a "Money for nothing" sound perfect, but the chance of that happining on another persons rig, with a different sound, moniters etc.. is very slim.

TTV..
    You have a decent interface already.
    Just get a SPDIF cable and your set.
    KPA to 11R works perfect (my freind has the same setup) and can play both together at tracking if he wishes.
    Just need to set the i/o options in PT is all.
    good luck

If you just leave it.. does it boot into normal? - your turning the power off during a load, not sure thats a great idea!.
    I had this once.. but left it and it came back afer a few mins.. - never happend again since.

Did you just wait?

Well mixing is as easy as you want it to be, and as complex as you let it be.
    Its an Art form, there has to be no rules, just make your craft, but mainly enjoy what your doing. :)

Im stoked for you guys, and felt your pain!. (glad its sorted now)
    Dont want to make the wait anymore difficult..
    But YOU WILL love it!
    so hurry up and get it already : )

Tyler speaks the truth.
    I ALWAYS start with the drums, Kick drum in fact. - that will be the source of yoru mix. - and make sure the bass and kick are tight!.
    What a lot of newer guys tend to do to mixes is overload the mainbus with tons of compressors, and EQ's effects without understanding correct gainstaging, or bussing.
    This will lead to a empty or shallow mix, with no AIR.

IF your guitar sounds weak, then its becasue its in context with other instrumets that also share simualr freq. - this is where the expereince pays off, so you can sculpt out small notches (only small) where the overlaying freq are..and the bass guitar is what makes the guitars to sound hugh often.

EQ and COMP are your freinds in mix world. (but keep them real) - but for now try and start of as minimal as you can.. really.. the bear minium.. one guitar, bass, and drums.. - dont do overdubs or doubletracks yet. - get the mix/arrangment right first, - then start to add flavour. - this will teach you what works and doesnt early..

When you understand more, then you can throw all the toys out the pram at once and then have 70 odd tracks to mix at once : )
    But start off slow.
    Post up a clip, and we can guide you too.

Thats a good point raised by Bill

Most speakers in cabs, produce a limited freq,, normally 80hz to 5000hz - DI would be Full range pretty much. - I wonder if the input to the KPA (return) is limited to a set freq band..

Well it takes time, (years in fact) to really be able to pinpoint and know where the clashing freq are, - but the more you "do" the better you will be.. - just keep doing the do!, and if you are stuck, come here and one of us can help you out the best we can.

If you want to copy a songs sound, there is a plugin called "ozone" - this has matching EQ, (I dont use it) but I know some folks that do, and like it a lot.

WE hope to hear your amazing production after you finished sculpting :)

I think i'll step in here before things get outta hand, and I dont want that to happen.

Im a Pro musican and therfore have access to a lot of things perhaps others dont. - My love for all things being good has turned out well in the KPA community, sharing what is mine and giving to those that dont... and this I certainly want to continue. Ive not a problem carrying on the way it is now.

On the negative side. - and I wont lie, it does cost me, and the return I get by a (thankfull) donation from you amazing guys sadly doesnt cover the cost in any way. - but for me its more a token of appreciation, and for that I have upmost respect to you. Honestly..and I certainly dont want them to stop : )

..SO why do I do it then? - well, I do it becasue of my reasons above. (the love) we are all here becasue we share one main thing..we are all guitar players sharing the same platform. - I know whats its like to want something you cant afford, and to admire/envy/hate those that do. and untill now, this was not possible. - well now it is thanks to Kemper the company, I can share my amps, effects, so others can also enjoy. - the world is too small and too short for selfishness, musicans are a tight group, "Signature sound" is one thing, but my fingers are my own, and yours are yours.. what I get here will differ from what you will get too. so Im not precious or upset in any way, just as long as you help me.. by offering good feedback.

The money donated to me will help to be used to hire anything new and rare that I dont own. - im still doing what Im doing, and enjoying bringing you the stuff I do.. our partnership will work if your appreciation continues and you all have done.. so im blessed with thanks to you all for that.. really! . and that is all I ask. - the donations are a bonus, but not a "must"

So far, the comments have been joyfull to read, and wants me to do more and more.. and each time get better at my craft. - I want the KPA to outgrow its rivals, and if I can play a small part in that.. then good!

And yes, ive some majour things going on KPA related that is going to take me months of planning and doing. (more on that to come)
    So yeah.. just give me your bank account numbers and I'll be on my way.. (lol)

Seriouly, as a end note.. - lets just carry on the way we are.
    Dontate if you have some to give, if not then enjoy it and maybe next time : )
    Not sure what else to say. so i'll end it here.
    A

If you look at the first page of the main webiste, it clearly states that they are in progress with this.
    Im sure they are doing the best they can, and as fast as they can... cant rush quality : )

Paitence is key here, its a growing product, and one we all should be proud off!.

Maybe its out tommorw!, maybe in a week, 2 weeks.. but soon (tm) - whenever is fine with me.

A

lol well dont worry the next one wont be that quick!.
    there is LOTS to plan for, and to arrange, and then there is the "doing" bit.. and the mass of work that follows!
    so this will be a few months yet! :)

I noticed : ) but you still had the older ones..in your zip file so I wasnt sure.
    (I updated the thread yesterday with new cabs etc)