Posts by coipu

Yes I can replicate this, my slot 1 profile keeps resetting to initialised rig. The performance is named as fakesnake not default and only has 3 slots filled however, so I might try filling the other two with blanks later and see if that fixes it.

Im lead guitarist and lead vox. We play Welcome to the jungle and Sweet Child Of Mine. The secret is all down to arranging. I pick the main/best bit from both guitar parts and play it like that. Go check us out on facebook we are called "The Floating Greyhounds" one or two songs we play that have main keyboard parts in the original song, we use a click track :thumbup:

Im lead guitarist and lead vox. We play Welcome to the jungle and Sweet Child Of Mine. The secret is all down to arranging. I pick the main/best bit from both guitar parts and play it like that. Go check us out on facebook we are called "The Floating Greyhounds" one or two songs we play that have main keyboard parts in the original song, we use a click track :thumbup:

Yay for another Norfolk boy with a Kemper!

95% of the coolness comes from your fingers. Some tweaked free sounds from Ruppert are currently my mainstays, I bought a thirty quid pack that had some decent sounds in but I wasn't blown away. Plenty of decent free stuff out there, personally I won't purchase any again.

I however have noted that the Vg99 guitar out into Kemper's front input doesn't give the same warmth/drive as the Mags direct into Kemper, nor do the modelled guitars. Still very useable but not the same.

I tried firmware flash and screen flashed red on first shutdown, so it definitely does not cure the problem. Also beware because now all my patches seem corrupted(not driving the same) as if kemper isnt getting same level of input anymore, am going to try flashing older version to save it now.

u can go either route on numerous makes of guitar, RolandGK pickups are best for stability and working as expected(loud places etc :) ), Piezo are best if you want a 3 voice guitar for blending to bring acoustics to life etc... I don't know which the VG Strat uses as I stick with VG99 for its editing potential. I would try all the possibilities available to you and decide what works for you, as journey to the digital side is expensive. good luck with it!

I have used Piezo based systems for many years now, they are awesome in many genres, and fantastic for covers bands and studios. Beware though, they have issues in high gain and loud volume environments such as metal bands combined with small(ish) spaces. I have had to drop the VG99 element of my setup from practices in Whitesnake covers band due to the piezo picking up the excessive sound pressures in the rehearsal space and squealing like a piggy.

Hi musicman, now we chatting here too as well as vg-99 forums :)

Try the sultan factory preset and whack up the gain and then eq to taste, thats what I did, and it sounds pretty good considering I can't/don't use my fingers for picking.

Stupid question: where is the issue in mounting the exp. pedals on a pedalboard together with the FC? Exp pedals tend to wear off and break, lot better not to have to change the all FC. Then somebody wants larger pedals like the Dunlop ones, sombody elses wants switch activated ones, somebody wants springloaded ones, sombody is happy with cheap ones...... Lot better, IMHO, to leave the choice to the users....

Hence a bolt on, did you not understand the reason for my post? You by pedal sans pedals as stated and you're happy, I spend a bit more and buy either larger pedal with exp pedals on board or a bolt on tray section slot together and I'm happy, sheesh.

Personally I would rather see at least 1 or preferably 2 exp pedals included a la FC-300 stylee, simply because I don't want to carry 37 million pieces of separate gear and cables to every gig, for those that absolutely hate that idea, maybe some kind of extra bolt on solution to satisfy both camps?

I have to say, that model is not really in keeping with the community ideal that will make this piece of gear as good as it can be. Maybe be aware that there is no way to secure your product at all, one person could buy then share with the world and then you would make next to nothing. Many of us would be happy to donate for good work, a better route would be share your work with a donate button as is the norm in dev communities for other tech stuff. I for one would donate if the rigs were that good.

In addition depending on guitar used etc... every profile needs tweaking, some people may not be happy with what they receive in comparison with a professionally recorded sound clip.

In the UK your contract is with the vendor not the manufacturer as covered in the sale of goods act. I would check to see what the laws are in your country, it's a time old problem and will be covered by some legislation already I'm sure. Regardless of the vendors actions you should feel free to warn everybody, and also tell everybody whether you reach a mutually acceptable result.

Excellent job, however as the files are so small, how about an Genre/Artist folder too. I know next to nothing about makes of amp, and presented with a monster list is daunting to say the least, if only to know what some amps are. Sounds searchable by Genre/Artist would be incredibly useful to me and others I'm sure, I don't know if it's a valid idea but I find it's what I'm needing, thanks for your time so far.