Posts by Stevoe

and while on it, lost all my favourites again when upgrading to 2.3, really frustrating

i know i should remember to backup before upgrading, but last did it 2 weeks ago

Did you see my post... lost all mine and got them back...

OK all favorites are back... I couldn't even find where the KPA unit name was.. only when I did a backup I could see the names.. and the new name I put in the RM was different than the unit (although its the same name in the rig exchange) so all favorites are back except the ones I saved yesterday with the old name :)

PS.. if you saved any favorites with the new name and now you are back to the old name, you will loose the those new favorites.. BUT on the kpa, go to sort by date and they will all be there in the non favorites for the last day or two on those dates...

OK all favorites are back... I couldn't even find where the KPA unit name was.. only when I did a backup I could see the names.. and the new name I put in the RM was different than the unit (although its the same name in the rig exchange) so all favorites are back except the ones I saved yesterday with the old name :)

OK I sent the 2 backups to support..

I did notice that after saving the backups that they both had different names... the old one had the date and then "se.kpabackup" and the second has the date and then my name "steve madlin kpabackup"

This could maybe be the problem with the favorites being gone...

Connect a USB stick to your Profiler, go to BROWSE mode, select "External Storage".
    There you can make a backup stored on the USB stick.
    Send them the appropriate kpabackup file. :)

I knew this one :love: ... I thought we could do it via the RM now... thanks man

1. You can export all rigs to make it a backup of all rigs in a given folder of Rig Manager as *.kipr files.
    2. You can point Windows Explorer to %AppData%\Kemper Amps\RigManager to find the *.db files which contain all information and rigs inside a given folder or device. To back these files up, make sure you've closed RigManager.

Your choice :)

thanks.. I want to make a complete KPA back to send to support.. so they can see how and where and why the favorites went away :)

working good so far (one problem when copy and pasting some profiles to the local database, it just did not copy but instead the Status bar did not move, but the Editor was usable during that "hang")

and my favourites where deleted, don´t know if because of firmwareupdate or because of first database readout

I don't know if you saw my message. my favorites also dissapeared.. but they were back in the non favorite section... the only favorites I had were the new ones I added from the RM...

working good so far (one problem when copy and pasting some profiles to the local database, it just did not copy but instead the Status bar did not move, but the Editor was usable during that "hang")

and my favourites where deleted, don´t know if because of firmwareupdate or because of first database readout

Please send a backup to the email address mentioned in the manual. I am pretty sure, that they are there, there is no way the information goes away all at once.

could you tell me how.. do you mean make a back up of the kemper as it is right now.. and send that off

hmm.. you too hey... also you can just hit store on the kemper as usual to store them in favorites... have a look in your non fav folder for your old favorites..

PS. I had 2.3 a few days ago and the favorites were still there... so it started with the RM

For me, my favourites on the Kemper have vanished. I don't know if this happened with 2.3 or with Rig Manager.

What I do know is that ticking the favourites box in Rig Manager now is putting them as favourites in the Kemper.

hmm.. you too hey... also you can just hit store on the kemper as usual to store them in favorites... have a look in your non fav folder for your old favorites..

OK a little concerned now.. I was browsing the rigs in the exchenge and added 10 as new favorites .. BUT . now I don't have any of my other 100 or so favorites at all.. nowhere to be found... I made a backup before upgrading will that have saved my favorites... or am I missing something about the new favorites now.. Just was all my tweaked rigs back...