Posts by evanbrass

I've downloaded just about every rig on the profile exchange. it's now part of my morning ritual. It's like getting a new amp every day!

I'm very picky about the profiles I keep though. I delete most of them. but I've found some real gems. I particularily like some of the odd ball ones, like the fender pawn shop amps that were posted a bit ago. they have a very unique tone.

Anyway, you can do a lot without ever downloading 1 profile. It's just too exciting for me. I'm in heaven!
    i'm using short sentences because i'm really tired

Evan

I would like the browsing to be better - Think of how Native instruments does it's preset browsing on plugins like Massive, etc. it's very easy to sort through mess and get to what you want.
    categories like Amp; make/model Gain: clean, crunch, distorted, heavy Style: blues, classic rock, metal, jazz, funk.

So like if I'm looking for a mid distortion rock tone, voila. or a death metal shredfest.

something like that, and then you could see ratings within in those categories.
    because if there are 50 profiles of a JCM800 I wanna see which ones people think are good or not.

It would also be helpful if there is a way to see rigs you've already downloaded, especially if rig names are similar for example, have I already tried that JCM800 profile?....

I don't like most profiles put up on the exchange - I HATE the nasal phasey sound that SM57s have especially.

Pete

Completely agree- The 57 is great, but it's used a lot because it has high SPL and it's cheap. It's been the go-to for guitar recordings for years.

however, I think we have too many profiles with the 57. I used a Shure SM7b for my last profile and liked it a whole lot.
    great post! Mic placement and trusting your ears is KEY.

moving the mic .5 centimeters can completely change the sound from ass to rock

Nice thread -

I'm assuming this is all in response to and44's pack that he just put up.
    I was excited myself to see it coming out, and bummed when I saw that he will be charging for it.
    Mainly because you see that list of amps and you're like "HOLY S#$*, Now I will finally have some GOOD profiles"

But he did spend some money and a lot of time getting those together, so why not? people are paying for them that don't wanna spend their own time profiling.

I've actually downloaded both of And44's first 2 profile sessions, Twice. The first time, I was like "meh" and I deleted them. Then I saw everyone giving it so much praise, so I was like "hmmm, maybe I should try it again" and you know what? I deleted them again. Not saying they are bad, but they aren't the best I've heard.
    I know he said with this new pack it sounds better, and it probably does, but like some of you have already posted, it's all about mic quality, mic placement and amp settings.

Anyone can do this.

I have been downloading every rig that has been on the profile exchange and have been rating them since the beginning of May. I have found about 15 to 20 amazing profiles by random people, and have been recording with them. I'd say 80-90% of the profiles I delete because they are not my thing, or I already have a profile that sounds similar.
    The Rig Exchange is awesome and it's FREE! For it to work correctly we all have to be diligent about rating and posting and sharing, and I think we all are.

I'm sure someday the Kemper team will update the rig exchange to make it easier for people to browse through the rigs and sort them by amp type and rating.

Anyway - not trying to start a war, and I think it's great that Andy put so much work into profiling and supporting the KPA, he's made a lot of people happy,
    I haven't personally tried any of the profiles in his new pack, so maybe they ARE crap-your-pants awesome, but I'm sure you can find just as good of profiles and some even better on the RE

Hey everyone,

Spent some time in the studio and got a couple profiles of this amp using a Shure SM7b -

4 profiles -
    Badcat - on axis full gain
    Badcat half - on axis half gain
    Badcat 45 - off axis full gain
    Badcat 45 half - off axis half gain.

I used a Tele to get the sounds, anyway, hope you enjoy. we have a really nice silverface fender i'm thinking of doing next.

Evan

Interested to hear these -

You should try some other bundles as well - maybe a small mix and match bundle - "Andy's choice" of like 1 profile from each of the amps,
    that's a little cheaper like a sampler bundle?
    maybe a bundle that's only clean and clean+,
    a heavy metal bundle?

the price for all of them is too high at the moment.
    when will it increase 40% ? is this an introductory price?

and c'mon people that already downloaded- put some samples on soundcloud-
    (andy, if you wanna give me some profiles for free, I will put samples up today :)

anyway, nice job,
    Evan