Posts by crhfish

I still got the sound on two of the new profiles provided in the merged pack. They are both clean profiles and I did not need them so I deleted them. I did try to make some direct profiles yesterday. Sometimes it does it correctly, DI first then full profile then merge. Sometimes it thinks a DI profile is a full profile, sometimes it thinks a full profile is a DI profile. Sometimes the DI profile sounds like a full profile. Sometimes the cab does not sound like it saved properly after the merge. All of this profiling the same amp and leaving the mic alone, just changing the amp settings.

That being said when it works correctly, is sounds good, its just buggy. I'm going to wait until the next update. I've tried reloading 3.0 and that did not change things.

I have learned my lesson. I only brought up my issue because the rig is one of the included rigs in the 3.0 download. I though the issue was serious enough to be brought up because when it happens and you have earphones on, ITS LOUD! It's not exactly fire, but I thought folks should know. I tried again tonight and I found another rig doing the same thing. The recording does not do the loudness justice.

I should have started my thread. I apologize to Mr. Lammert for adding my issue on to his thread.

I have a similar issue, does it sound like this?

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I went up and reloaded 3.0 again. Started from scratch. Tried a different guitar this time. It still does it but not quite as much as before, but this time its more harsh when it does it. I could only get it to do it on the one rig, a clean rig at that. Its my guess its an input sensitivity issue. The guitar in the recording has some old super distortions, the guitar today had Tone Zone. I had the headphones straight into the Toaster.

Well that may be the way it works, but looking at a larger picture any company that sets up a site like this should look at it on a regular basis. CK sent me a PM and I sent this sound file to him. Perhaps I am doing something wrong but all I did was load 3.0 and try the new profiles. I am going to go try another guitar to make sure that was not the problem. I've got close to 200 and pulled some out the other day that I had not played in a while. I'm not even sure which guitar I was using at the time.

Here is what is happening to me. Its on the GT 75 Clean 10 profile. I hope this link shows up correctly. The recording does not capture the entire peak, I think my DAW cuts it off.

<p>

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    </p>

I disagree about the use of this forum and as a user I look at the official ticket reporting system to be more about particular things to your unit. Like an LED does not work or you can't get an update to load, your unit is locked up. To suggest that we should have opened up a ticket on this so they could have started work on this sooner is silly. I'm glad they read the forums and its great that we get to communicate with each other and Kemper at the same time.

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

Let me chime in again. Mr Kemper you should be ashamed of your self. Everyone here I think is trying to help you and your product succeed. I have experienced twice now a dramatic increase in volume using head phones. I commented on it earlier in this thread. Its dangerous. I stated above which profile it happened on, if you need any further information, ask me. In the mean time be on notice that your new software has some serious bugs and quit picking on your customers.

I will say it again, we are trying to help you. I can go the other direction if you like.

I hear you on using the old beta, the only problem is the old Beta is not up any longer. I don't have an old copy. So I tried to go back to a pre 2.74 version. Great, now my rig manager 1.3 won't work.

I have a better idea. Hey Kemper guys put up a version that works! As I think I stated before, I don't have much patience. They should either do that or revert back to the old format completely until they get this fixed. I went back back and tried the new merged profiles again and once again almost had my ears blown off my head. Blowing up speakers is one thing, blowing out someones eardrums is something else. Fix this *^^$!

When i do this and click the little merge box, I get a sound that is most of the times very full. When I then save the profile and go back, it shows it has a cab but it does not sound the same. It sounds much thinner.

To answer Pacocito's original question, I think you are doing it right. You may be running into the same problem I am.

Something similar happened to me just a minute ago. I was on the first GT75 Clean profile. I had been playing pretty hard on another profile, one of the Deadlight 5150's. I switched over to this one and hit the first chord and it was very loud the first half second or so. I was using headphones and it woke me up for sure. I'll go back up in a bit and see if it does it again but I'll leave the headphones on the desk this time.

We all love this thing, I know I'm just trying to help.

Everything before 3.0 still sounds fine. And I would not be so anxious except I hear some really good sounds that I can't save. If I can't save them I can't share them and its the same with everyone.

Ok, I went up and tried again this morning. Downloaded the latest 3.0 and installed it. I did a DI profile. The profile looked just like it should, no cab light on. Now it sounds like it has a cab on it. It does not sound buzzy enough to me to be a direct profile. I press the Cab button to go look for a cab to merge into the DI profile. I have done a few regular full profiles with the new 3.0 and have a few versions of the cab on hand. I find the Cab I want, select it, press merge and it sounds pretty good. So I save this profile. It shows to be a new full profile. When I go back to it, it sounds thin, it does not sound like the original DI but it also does not sound like it did right before I saved it.

Ok, let me say that I am not a fan of companies that have web sites like this one that they don't read. I love my Kemper and have had it a while. So my question is simple. Is the latest 3.0 ready to go? Has anyone from kemper read all the posts here about the problems? My problem was pretty simple. I could dial in a good profile by changing and merging the cab, but it would not save. I see that 3.0 is now no longer beta. Has it changed? Is it ready now?

Please don't tell me I need to fill out some form for this, thats silly.

Raoul, if I can just get it to save the sound I am hearing, it will be awesome. Sound wise, this appears to be a fairly big step forward to me. It seems easier to get an accurate profile quickly because the direct path takes the mic type and placement out of play. It is a bit more complicated to make the profile but it only takes a few tries to get comfortable with it. But it is also buggy. I have experienced some of the other issues discussed above.

I was having a VERY frustrating problem with 3.0. I have made two what I think could be very nice profiles. I actually finally got a really good profile of a new cab I have that has vintage celestions that I saved in the process of making these profiles. I made a profile this morning of a Speedster amp I have using its small single speaker. I went through the normal process. Direct profile, normal profile and then merge the two. Sounds ok but when I go to either the merged profile, studio profile and load up this the cab I have saved it sounds wonderful after I hit the merge button. I mean it sounds really great. Then I try to save it, and it reverts back to the other cab. I can't get it to save the really nice merged profile sound. I've reread the manual and I am following what it says. Normally in the past, when I get to a good sound and hit the save button, it saves it all.

So it sounds fantastic, but I can't save it. I've tried rebooting, etc. No Luck.