Posts by BulldogXTRM

I just had a listen to that album and from what I heard, check out my uploads from 2017-02-13. Uber 4 Merged is one. Dial the treble back a bit and you should nail this tone.

Thanks for the heads up, BulldogXTRM! With 21419 profiles currently in my Rig Manager... I haven't had a chance to even make a minor dent in auditioning profiles to find out what I like, but this definitely made me want to push yours close to the top! Thanks again!

FWIW, I'm more of an "In Search Of Truth" lover when it comes to EG tones.

Jeffro

If that's the tone you're looking for I have a bunch of free Uberschall profiles in the rig exchange. I've profiled my own personal amp with 6l6, KT77, 3 different brands of EL34's and my Uberschall profiles have some of the highest ratings in the exchange for that amp. Did I mention there are direct and merged profiles in there as well? Several big bands have gotten in touch with me to make sure they could use them.

Here's a quote from one artist "

Me and my bandmates love it. I deleted the overdrive because the amp profile itself is tight enough. We use the power amp of a 5150 to power some Marshall cabs. Last friday I got the new Friedman BE100 profiles from Bert Meulendijk with are great. Went to the rehearsal room with my band Dead Head. Your Uberschal profiles kicked the butt of the Friedman. Your Uber is very tight but balsy. Loads of tone without fizz. Both my guitar players are pretty conservative but love this sound. So THANX!!"

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you guys have an Evergrey tone from the last album The Storm Within to share.

Thanks!

I'll run a profile through my effects loop on my Uberschall and upload it to the exchange, I'll let you guys know when it's done, this will be accomplished using the Radial Headload and pull from the pre-eq output. That should provide as close to zero color as I can come for capturing the power amp only.

Owned the Kemper lunchbox since 2012. My unit has been upgraded each time to the current firmware and still works great. Never had a problem except for an occasional hiccup where it locked up and wouldn't go into tuner mode. Sold my lunchbox to my bass player (LOL) who loves it for live with a power amp into his cab. Bought the stage profiler and wow I love the ease of having my floorboard be my amp to it's so dang easy and with an expression pedal is absolutely all I need.

Keep it up Kemper, now get us a dang editor that works via USB!

How would you even accomplish this? You'd have to use some type of power soak or attenuation from the speaker out of the amp. I use a Radial Headload for live performance with my Uberschall and send the line out from it to my in ear monitors and to the FOH, I suppose I could try coming off the pre-eq line out of the Headload and input that into the Kemper for the profiling and use the send from the Kemper straight to the effects return of the Uberschall. That would bypass the preamp of the Uberschall and would essentially capture the power amp only... It would be a clean type profile I think... Unless the Kemper send can be cranked, because the effects return bypasses the master volume on my amp...

These profiles are extremely tight in feel and sound. Great work. Do you happen to have a list of the channels you used for each profile? For example Uber 5-e609 would be which channel on the Uberschall?

All channels are the lead channel except for the clean or Uber 1-e609. The level of gain is represented by the increasing numbers, so the Uber 5-e609 is the highest gain profiled.

As far as the eq settings, that stays the same once I find a sweet spot.

Tried these last night, very nice. Definitely keepers.
    I found them a touch bright but I found the merged profiles worked great with a cab choice that was not so bright.

I think that has to do with the e609 mic that I used this time versus the MD421 or the mic's I've used in the past.

I do play lead and my amp settings are usually a little brighter than I like them to be or I have the presence a little higher than I like it, but I cut through the mix like a razor blade.

I'm glad you guys like them. I'm gonna work on getting that Friedman BE100 in my possession for a couple of days and get it profiled.

Thanks guys, I've owned a couple of Uberschall's in the past and this one is the best I've owned (2015 Rev. Blue). Great tones no matter where you dial the EQ.

All of the merged profiles I've done are using the line out which is supposed to be Pre-EQ according to Bogner so each merged rig is just the amp and the gain setting. Then to get the cab/studio profiles I close mic on axis with the mic just a little towards the edge of the cap. It's the amp the way I hear it in the room or I tweak the mic and try it again...

I've got a gig this next Saturday and instead of lugging the beast and cab around I'm going straight into the PA with the Kemper with these profiles... We always EQ the PA for a flat response and then EQ each instrument input but I don't expect to have to do much for these profiles...

I know I've put a lot of profiles of this amp recently but I just swapped the tubes to JJ KT77's and I like the improvements that made. Plus I profiled these with an Sennheiser e609 at the center cap.

The naming convention follows my previous uploads as far as higher number = higher gain.

The merged profiles end with an M, the DI profiles end with an ! and the studio profiles are the ones without either.

Please review them and vote them up if you like them... If you don't like them then tell me why please so I can improve my profiling skills.

I think this is a firmware issue so if anyone else is having issues we should let Kemper know so that can roll out a quick update.

My issue is that after a while, I get no input or output led. I switched to my tuner and the bubble was gone as well. Meaning it showed the tuner on the front display but there was no bubble so I could tune. Everything else seemed to work fine.

My Kemper is connected to my Mac via usb and I'm running the latest 5.11 firmware and Rig Manager 2.0.

I've tried a full reset including system parameters and even initialized the flash after I made a backup. But it happened again.

Anyone else?

Okay guys, got some more for you.

I've added 15 more Bogner Uberschall Profiles. 5 are DI only and should be used with a guitar cab or another IR.
    5 are studio profiles mic'ed with a Sennheiser e935 / Sennheiser MD421 - this is my best mic setup so far for profiling. I love it! It captures every nuance that I hear live in the room from the amp.
    5 are merged profiles from these studio and DI profiles.

These are all named according to gain from 1-5.

Download them and vote them up if you like them. Please comment below and tell me what you like and what you don't. Help me to make better profiles. If I can nail it down, I've got access to a Friedman BE100 with matching cab I can profile. Sorry I got rid of my PRS Archon 100. So the profiles of it that are in the rig exchange is all I'll get from it. I do miss it though and keep thinking about buying another so if that ever happens I'll add those profiles as well.

I just uploaded 5 new Bogner Uberschall Profiles.

All of these were profiled using a Fender MH412 with Celestion G12K-100

The amp settings were as follows:
    Clean
    Volume - 3:30
    Presence - 8:30
    Treble - 11:00
    Middle - 2:30
    Bass - 9:30

Dirty

Volume - 9:30
    Presence - 11:30
    Treble - 10:00
    Middle - 2:45
    Bass - 2:30

The added bonus is that these rigs are merged rigs. I profiled and merged the rigs using the Uberschalls Line out on the back. This captures the power amp sound without the cab according to Bogner.
    I've tested them and using a solid state power amp into my cab, they're identical to the actual amp through the cab, so they should work the same for all of you.

If you don't want to use the merged profiles I also uploaded the studio profiles as well. All the studio profiles were created using a Sennheiser e935 mic at about a 2 degree tilt just off center of the edge of the dust cap.
    If you're wondering why I used a vocal mic instead of an instrument mic... I find that the vocal mics that I've used in profiling (AKG D5, Sennheiser e935) sound truer to real life than standard instrument mics like a Shure SM57.

The naming convention is self explanatory with the merged rigs, Uber Clean Merged, Uber 2 Merged etc. the number equals the amount of gain on the lead channel. All the studio profiles are named Uber Clean M, Uber 2 M, etc.
    The Merged vs. studio profiles sound identical when listening with the cab engaged. :D

Leave me some feedback on the rigs if you use them.
    Enjoy!

I just uploaded 5 profiles I did tonight. They're labeled clean and then from the level of gain in the lead channel.

The clean channel settings were
    Volume - 3:00
    Presence - 5:00
    Treble - 3:00
    Middle - 1:30
    Bass - 12:00
    Gain - 2:00

The lead channel settings were
    Volume - 11:30
    Presence - 2:00
    Treble - 3:00
    Middle - 2:00
    Bass - 2:00
    Gain - 8:30, 10:30, 1:00, 5:00

These were all profiled with an AKG D5, center cap with the mic 1cm away from the speaker grille. I've found this mic to be exceptionally good at capturing the in the room sound without coloring the tone. The effects settings are my personal gigging effects.

Let me know what you think of these, the tone settings were my favorite all around tone settings so if there are some other settings you'd like me to grab let me know and I'll see if I can't get them done.