Posts by jayson

For a semi-more direct comparison,
    In the USA:
    The Helix Rack + Controller is $1998 advertised price.
    The KPA Rack + Remote is $2579 advertised price.

Over on the TGP, Line 6 announced that the Rack + Controller have dropped in price. Now is $1399 for the Rack and $399 for the Controller. So now $1798 versus $2579.

Cheers,

jayson

It's on Erlend's Youtube site:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

BTW, judging by the some of the quick camera angle cut's with no camera operators in sight, I don't think it's a live recording but multiple takes edited together. Still doesn't take away from the amazing touch he has.

Cheers,

jayson

I'm still playing around with the new Pure Cab settings (helps to have a looper to try different settings) but am wondering if it works better in stereo versus mono. I'm run the two XLR KPA outputs into my soundcard panned hard left and right but I'm wondering if Pure Cab would work better running a mono out and panned center in my soundcard mixer? Or does that not matter at all once you adjust for gain between mono and stereo?

Also, where does the Pure Cab processing occur in the signal path? Is it right after the cab block and before the stereo effects?

Cheers,

jayson

Laimon is right, of course - there's no way a brief interview on a convention floor is going to double as a demo for a new products tones. But it's a bit odd that there are no high quality audio demos anywhere else yet.

I was also surprised that there haven't been more video's as well but I'm wondering if it might be because L6 announced late that they would be attending. I would think that the big channels that release the video's probably prepare well in advance and the last minute addition was something they could not accommodate.

BTW, they are three new short promo video's that just got posted. They are 12 to 16 sec in length and you can find them searching for Line 6 Helix and filter by today. I'd post them but they are really just short ads and I don't think that would be appropriate on Kempers forum.

Cheers,

jayson

Can I clarify something? Do I only have to copy the one KPASerialnumber.db file or all the files under the RigManager folder?

I tried copying the whole KemperAmps folder before running RM but it made it none responsive so I deleted the folder I copied and it started up fine including asking for my login info. But I'd like to get back the folders and my ratings. Thanks.

Cheers,

jayson

I love my toaster but the only design change I would make would be to move the type, browse and 4 soft buttons below the screen. The reason being is that when I reach for them my hand covers the screen and I need to twist my hand to view the screen. Small issue and if a software editor ever gets develop, that won't be an issue anymore.

Cheers,

jayson

I wonder if Kemper would ever considered partnering with UAD? Their plug ins have never been cracked as far as I know and they could possibly make use the UAD Apollo I/O to profile amps through some of their own plugins.

Cheers,

jayson

LOL! Jayson was taken so ... KanaryProduction over there.

Definitely workable latency for me and it should get better with Win 10. Still amazed by the sound quality of the unit. What would really make it amazing would be if Kemper could make the network port on the KPA compatible with AVB!

Cheers,

jayson

Yes it has gotten a bit better with the last couple of driver releases. I'm down to 5.8ms but that's in the relaxed ASIO mode which makes for a higher round trip latency. This is on my 2600K Win 7 64 bit system which hasn't been cleaned up in about three years. I've been planning on doing a clean install of Win 7 but in testing of Win 10 on an older DAW (Q6600 at 2.4ghz), the MOTU is getting 2.9ms on the standard ASIO mode. Over on the Cakewalk forum, a DAW builder is getting even better numbers with a MOTU Ultralite AVB which uses the same drivers as the 1248.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/MOTU-Ultralite-AVB-m3190029.aspx

BTW, I've been reading and contributing to that other GS thread under a different handle. :)

Cheers,

jayson

If this like the Octa-Capture I used, the auto setting detects whether the SPDIF in has a master coming in and automatically switches the clock to external. To test it, turn off the KPA and watch the clock master switch to internal; turn it back on and it switches back to external. Nice little feature!

Cheers,

jayson

Here's a new video. Sounds like CK wants feedback on whether we'd be interested in a Kemper DI!

NAMM 2015: Kemper Profiling Amp With 3.0 Firmware:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers,

jayson

I wonder if Kemper could make a smaller remote for the looper? It could use the same Ethernet connection and would only need four or maybe five switches to trigger the looper mode and it's functions. No lcd screen would be needed and I would think it would be much cheaper to build. It would be perfect for those who have a midi controller they are happy with and would like to use the looper.

Cheers,

jayson