Posts by Webb

Big problem here. Just got my Kemper Rack a couple of weeks ago to replace my toaster. Everything was going fine...I updated the OS to the 1.8 Beta and imported some rigs I had. But last night I tried to import a few more rigs and the KPA crashed and gave the following error (see pic). I'm well below the 1000 rig limit.

Now the KPA will no longer recognize ANY USB drive....even a brand new one. External storage does not appear on the screen anymore. I also went into Maintenance mode and tried to format it there. The only thing that happens is I get a message that the operation failed. When I click OK, it says "unable to retrieve file system info [unmounted?]. Like I said, the same thing happens with multiple USB drives.

Anyone experience this before? There were also some different issues that I experienced with my toaster version that really makes me question the reliability of the Kemper. It's frustrating that I've only had the rack for 2 weeks and now I can't do anything (backup, import, export, etc.).

Here is the pic of the message that displayed after the crash:

[Blocked Image: http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff174/bwebb71/IMG_0089_zps0149bb0a.jpg]

As a new Kemper owner I am blown away with this profile. As a result I demand more profiles from rmpacheco!!!!
    Awesome job mate and you have improved my tone dramatically!

Unfortunately not sure that's possible since I believe he sold his Kemper some time ago. I remember seeing his for sale ad on Rig Talk.

By "input clipping", I mean the input LED is turning red. This only happens with The Amp Factory profiles. All other profiles stay green or occasionally yellow on the input LED.

I thought the Clean Sense only affects clean profiles and has no impact on distorted tones? If I turn down the Clean Sense, will this prevent the input from clipping on all profiles?

Many of my purchased Amp Factory profiles are clipping the input. Stock profiles and others downloaded from the Rig Exchange do not. What is the best way to adjust this? I believe my Clean Sense and Distorted Sense are at default settings, 5.0 and 0.0 respectively.

If you have All Rigs set, then the Browse button should take you to a menu where in the upper right it tells you which rig you are on out of the total. ie 248/730

If you choose another folder, say Favourites it will be how many favourites you have. Ditto with recently imported. Tells you how many you last imported.

Does that help?

Thanks. I did not notice a number when I was browsing rigs last night, but I will check it out later. I'm on 1.6.

Thanks guys. I had to wipe the flash memory and then restore the factory rigs. Good thing I just made a backup last night. Well it was time to do a little rig cleaning anyway. Now I can start with a fresh slate.

My KPA is refusing to boot. Had a problem yesterday where it would just hang on startup. Rebooted by reinstalling the firmware (latest version). Everything was fine and I played for a few hours last night before turning it off and going to bed.

Now today when I went to fire it up, I got a message that says:

*** A SOFTWARE ERROR OCCURRED ***
    blah blah blah blah (paraphrasing)

Take a picture and contact support.

I will contact support, but in the meantime just wondering if anyone else experienced this before. Tried again to reinstall firmware and after it goes through the process I get the same error message. After turning it off, I also got the red flashing screen. I love the KPA, but right now am really frustrated. Don't know how I could trust this thing in a live situation.

Is there any way I can get this to boot???

Mitch, I think you sound great here. Not sure how someone can tell you sound "nervous" anyway. Sounds like a kick ass rocking performance to me. Hopefully Ed hung on to your number. Maybe when the VH boys have their next falling out with DLR they will give you a call. :thumbup: