Posts by lbarrington

Last night I finally cleaned up my KPA by using the new method of delete all but favorites. I was at 951 and got it down to about 325. However there were a lot of long key presses on the Rig button to add the current rig to favorite. I was thinking I wish I could just press once instead of holding. Then I remembered the Quick button, but it only has three options and favorite is not one of them. Is it possible to add that function to the quick button menu?

-Lonnie

By default the left pedal is not mapped to the wah cc#, but the right pedal is mapped to the correct volume cc#. So a new out of the box FCB1010 will appear not to work. Mine was set to 26 or 27, which is a delay cc, so when I would operate the pedal I noticed the delay button coming on.

(I may have those backwards)

Well I suppose I need to be a part of this historic thread before it ends.

Mine sounds great on 1.6, but I did have a previous version where it sounded completely garbage. I had reset system settings, flash format, reload etc and couldn't get it to snap out of it. I tried recording clips but people told me that's the way it is supposed to sound. Then one day I downgraded all the way to 1.0.4 and suddenly it was alive again. Upgraded back and everything has been happy since. I felt bad because CK wanted a new recording with the correct sound, but when I compared what I had recorded and a new recording I couldn't tell the difference myself. However, it was different when I was playing. I think that is the same thing that is happening here. I hope everyone can get back to going with a system reset so we can move on.

Poor ManWithGas will probably never be back now he was so upset.

Also, after step 3 did both lights on pedal 8 and 9 light up to show they are enabled? If the light is out at this step then the pedal is disabled. A long press on 8 or 9 will toggle between enabled and disabled. Both should be lit, and then a brief press will cause one to blink showing it is selected for editing.

The FCB1010 ships with the Wah pedal defaulted to cc# 27 , however the Kemper wah is cc# 1, so you will have to change that for every patch on the FCB. That's why an editor is important. As it shipped to me it kept activating the delay.

Here is the quick and dirty on changing the Wah manually.

1. Make sure you are on the preset that you want to change.
    2. Keep the "Down" button pressed for 2.5 seconds "Switch1/Switch2" LED will light up at the top of the FCB1010.
    3. Press "Up" to get to the next page, the "Select" light at top should be lit.
    4. Now press the 8 or 9 button and the light above the button blinks. 8 is for Exp A and 9 is for Exp B, it is printed on the pedal.
    5. Press the "Up" button to confirm that you will be changing that pedal.
    6. The CC# will be displayed. Enter the new value. For Wah that is 1.
    7. Press "Up"
    8. Enter the heel down value, which should be 0.
    9. Press "Up"
    10. Enter the toe down value, which should be 127.
    11. Press "Up"
    12. Hold "Down" for 2.5 seconds to confirm the changes and save the preset.
    13. Test your new setting.

Remember that the manual method is only for 1 preset at a time. So you would have to use this procedure for all presets and that could take a while. If using an editor you can change them all fairly quickly and then send the sysex file to the FCB1010 and have it done fore every preset.

-Lonnie

I use my POD HD500 as my audio input. I run the Kemper in the effects loop of the HD500 and just use a blank amp block as the HD500 patch. I also have a second patch that has the microphone input of the HD500 in Path A and the Kemper loop with a blank amp block in path B and I can sing and play at the same time. I stick with the HD500 since it works as a WDM interface as well so I can play youtube videos, itunes, spotify, or any other audio source from the PC and route it out of the HD500 and play along with the Kemper as my amp. Finally I use the HD500 as my midi pedal to switch profiles in the Kemper and use the pedal for wah and volume.

So I hope you aren't trading in the HD500 to upgrade to the Kemper, as it still has a ton of use as an accompaniment to the Kemper.

I also use Reaper and can monitor my line levels easily with it as I record through the HD500.

Armin,

Just wanted to drop a Thank You! I picked up bundle IV a few days ago. The hardest part is going through the 121 Dzl profiles figuring out which ones to keep on the KPA all the time. You have patience to make that many profiles of the same amp. I'm loving the Dark Terror as well and have hardly gotten into the Mesas and Elmwood so far.

Thanks!

-Lonnie