Posts by SteelEdge

Hi!,

I haven't showed up a lot round the forum lately because I had my 2nd son a month ago and lets say I've been quite busy, but 3 days ago I upgraded to 1.6 (didn't try it because the baby was sleeping) and yesterday I turned of my Kemper for playing and....something didn't sound good to me....I have to say it, it reminded me a little of the Axe Fx II dullnes, didn't know what it was, I supposed it was my ears or just that I was tired and didn't play well....and now I found this post.

Definitely, I can say something changed in the sound and feeling of my Kemper when upgraded to 1.6 and I don'tlike it, and I wasn't influenced by this thread in any way as long as I didn't read it.Don't need any A/B test or opinions, I know something is different and I don't like it, so, I'll downgrade to 1.5.4 as soon as I can.

nice bit of nostalgia on a Sat night. Did you swap out out you axe fx for the KPA I'm wondering?

Thanks! :thumbup:

Yes, I swaped out the Axe II for the KPA.The Axe II is a very good unit, but couldn´t justify keep both as long as the KPA gives me everything I need and more, and the tone, for my taste and IMHO, is far superior (and easiert to "get there") than the Axe.

The KPA is also making me even play more.I´ve played more with the KPA in one month than with the Axe II in one year.....

Hi guys!

Here´s my cover of EUROPE´s big hit The Final Countdown, done with a backing track without any guitars and using my Jem 7Vwh + my Kemper Profiler with a JCM800 profile.

No post edition, recorded directly with Reaper.

The Final Coutndown was the first Hard Rock hit that blew me away when I was a kid, and I always wanted to play this song on guitar and feel like John Norum, so, here´s my little tribute to this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bWp56xuFuA

:thumbup:

Thanks all :love::thumbup: !!!!

Wish I could do a Vai cover, but I´m coming back to the electric guitar after years without practicing seriously, so I don´t think I could acomplish a complete Vai´s song :P

Dammit, I love the 80´s metal / hard rock riffs / solos!!!!!! :thumbup:

I've always gone thru my Mesa 20:20 Tube Poweramp and Rectifier 4x12 V30.That setup was KILLER with rhe Axe and is even better with the Kemper.

I've been talking about that setup constantly to all Axe users (now Kemper users) because, comparing to many other setups I've tried, this one is waaaay better IMHO.

Today I was joking with a buddy in guitarrista.com spanish forum (you spanish readers should take a look!), when he indirectly asked me why I sold the Axe II (wich was supposed to be the BEST piece of gear ever) to get the Kemper.

So I tried to explain and got a final conclusion wich seems the perfect slogan for the Kemper:

" With other pieces of gear you can sound like anything you want....but with the Kemper you can sound like you always wanted "

(maybe the translation is not perfect and makes a lot more sense in spanish...oh!, and I originally said "the Axe II" instead of "other pieces of gear", but I don´t think that naming the Axe in a Kemper slogan would be a good idea :D )

Here´s the original sentence in spanish : "Con el Axe puedes sonar a lo que quieras, pero con el Kemper suenas a lo que siempre habias querido"

CK, if you want to use this, you´re free to do it, just send me a little gift that I can stomp to manage the Kemper ;)

I put my Axe II for sale....but I´m thinking about keeping it, I don´t need the money and I have a lot of guitars because I love each one and the differences between them, so why not keep both units???

I was thinking about putting the Kemper in the AXE FX II loop, so I could use all the effects power of the Axe II and ruteability / editability / USB option of the Axe and enjoy the amp tones of the Kemper.Anyway, I think that I readed that the Axe "colors" a little bit the Kemper....I´ve tried but I couldn´t tell if there´s a big difference...maybe just some EQ to tweak....

Or perhaps the best option is hooking the Axe II in the effects loop of the Kemper.....any ideas???

I really love the reverbs/ delays of the Axe II, as well as the Pitch FX / Multidelays / Crystal effects.Gotta find a way of working with both without losing the raw tone of the Kemper and taking advantage of the Axe Fx II effects.

Thanks!

That makes sense, I was thinking about getting 2/3 tones per guitar (2 metal for the KH2, 2 classic Strat tones for my 57 Strat, 2 good cleans/overdrives for my 355) and also make some Artist/Song presets (Satriani , Reb Beach, Van Halen, Clapton, Hendrix, Slash..... / Where the Streets Have No Name, Comfortably Numb, etc). That would make the thing easier, but, one of the coolest things of the Kemper, at least for me, is to discover new sounds / tones that I would not try by myself, but you find ´em there, try and...wow...so fun!!!!

:D:D:D:D

Hard to believe 'till you don't try it yourself... :thumbup:

Have fun!

That´s why I ordered the Kemper...no matter what I hear or read, I have to try by myself.

The Axe II is a wonderful piece of gear, but for me, and to my needs, the Kemper is the winner.That´s why my Axe FX II is for sale.I´d just whish the Kemper would improve the effects.....that´s the only thing about "sound" in wich the Axe is superior to the Kemper....will miss the Multidelays and Crystal Effects....and the Reverbs are amazing, but can´t justify to keep the Axe just for that.

Not a fanboy post.This is serious.

I´ve loaded like 1000 profiles in the Kemper(I know, too much....).I downloaded´em while waiting for the Kemper, and after some tests and Axe Fx II comparative, I´ve started to try by order (by name mainly...).

Well, tried a Kay Model 703 1962 from Ruppert....wow, this is Killer....directly to FAVORITES (I´m using the 1.1.1 Beta).This Ruppert seems to know what he´s doing...let´s try his Revalver Valve King....WTF!!!!....this is perfect for my Tele!!!!....FAVORITE too!!!! ....1962 Danelectro Twin....OMG!!!!!!! TWANGY TOOONEEEEE....this is a MUST HAVE....

3 Profiles, 3 Favorites....must be because Ruppert know what he is doing!!!

Let´s tray a Bassman (one of my favorites Amps for Stratocaster) from And44.....NO!!!...AGAIN!!!!...CAN´T BE!!! This sounds FUC**** GREAT!!!!! This is a favorite too....

And on, and on, and on.....

I found some profiles that I´m not adding to FAVORITES because they´re not my stile or mind blowing...but they sounds really NICE, is fun to play with ´em...I can´t delete this Profile, would be a crime!!!!

Just deleted a couple of presets because they were "effects bassed" (Zeppelin Rhodes and another one in the style...) but all the presets, even the ones that don´t catch your attention, you tweak ´em a little and BUM!!!! freakin´ good sound.

And seriously...is becoming a problem, because I don´t know really what I´m doing, just saving and saving profiles and adding to favourites.

I think I should keep some order in my mind and search for this or that amp / sound, a couple for each of my guitars (I own like 35) and that should be all...you know, a RECTO or MK for my KH2 Relic, a good Marshall (Golub, I love you!!!) for my JS´s, the Bassman or Twind or Morgan for my Strats, the DR.Z for my Tele, the ROLAND JC Chous for the ES-355, the VOX AC30 / AC15 fr my Les Paul 60 Reissue....but the VOX sounds SO GOOD with the Strat...and the DR.Z playing with my PRS Custom 24...TONE HEAVEN!!!!

This is half a joke, half totally serious...the Kemper has so many STELLAR profiles that is hard to select just 10 o r 20 or even 50.Special mention to And44, and my friends Paco y Juanma Blanco.Oh, and the FastRedPonyCar are really good too.Can´t forget Marko...thanks my friend for the Golub my favourite preset by now, you can play with the gain or tweak anything and get 100 amazing sounds from this profile!!!....And the SilentUnderground Metallica...love´em all!!!...and my friend Adrian´s Laney TT50Y..and.... :huh:

Here we go again...... :rolleyes:

Hi there!!!!

Just profiled my favourite Metallica profile from the Axe II (wanted to test the high-gain posibilities of the Kemper).I´m becoming more a clean to crunch/overdrive guy, but this one rocks!!! :

http://kemper-amps.com/forum/i…5382&highlight=#post45382

I've tried FRFR.

I've tried high end self-powered monitors.

I've tried Atomics.

I've tried solid state power amps.

But NOTHING sounds like a good tube power amp + a good 4x12, at least to me.

I've been years using that configuration with the Axe while all the people were saying solid state poser amps or FRFR are the best option....since some months ago mostly experienced Axe Fx users I know are saying that, for amp in the room feeling, best option is tube poweramp+cab.

Sure have pros and cons, but is the next best thing to a real amp that I've tried (sometimes even better)

I'm also using the Kemper with Cabs off going thru a Mesa 20:20 and a 4x12 V30 real cab.Best configuration for the "amp feeling", IMHO.

I'd love to try your profiles, have you uploaded'em to Rig Exchange?

Ive owned a Kemper since January. Ive had a couple of axefx2 over that period but ended up selling them both (not both at the same time lol).
    Like you I prefer the Kemper for amp sounds.
    FX wise I didnt find any difference in the quality but the axe2 certainly has a lot more routing and tweaking options, (much more than I needed) and a lot more fx available.
    Ultimately I found the axe didnt give me anything extra that was of any use to me other than the pitch fx, which I hope will eventually be available on the KPA. In the meantime I preferred the eventide pitchfactor to the axe for those fx so the axe had to go.
    In the end, IMHO the KPA has better amp sounds/feel (up to firmware 6 on the axefx) and the additional fx capabilities with the exception of pitch fx were of little use to me, but can see how they would appeal to a power fx user.

Not a big fx user anyway, but I would like to see how the Kemper sounds in the loop of the Axe.I like the "ala U2" stuff in the Axe II (shimmer, multidelay....).And the reverb in the Axe is awesome.You can make some delay / reverbs routings for certain sounds that by now you can't do with the Kemper.Maybe I'll keep both units maybe not, have to make more tests comparing certain things I want to check in both units, but I addmitt that there's an "instant pleasure" sensation when playing with the Kemper, and tweaking is minimum.