Posts by SliderJeff

Don't be negative and make assumptions before you know anythng. You might be positive surprised when it's released.

It's not being negative... it's the science of physics. I'm not getting down on the product that hasn't even been released. I'm just saying it's best to temper your expectations on the bass response. That being said, we will see when it hits the market.

I've reached out to gainfreak on Facebook after doing a little sleuthing to find out his real name. He's a under the weather currently, but did say he never got a chance to profile his Le Tekro tone. That being said, he mentioned he was able to get the tone with a TJ profile of a Marshall and a Boss BF-2 flanger. As mentioned elsewhere on the forum, a Mesa Boogie profile with a parametric EQ boosting 800 Hz with a very tight Q (bandwidth) will get you the Stryper tone.

He's also graciously offered to send me a few profiles to try once he gets better. so stay tuned.

Jeff

Probably should be clear on what type of bass will be suitable. I don't believe it will be able to handle 5-string bass with the low string tuned to B or lower, at least that is my understanding. For typically tuned 4-string bass, I think it will be fine. I'd love to hear that my understanding is wrong, though.

Jeff

Thanks for sharing that, Bert! I think most of us are always looking to learn more about how all the pro's do what they do!

Cheers,

Jeff

Reason #1 kazillion why software verification and validation should never be undertaken by anyone who had the remotest (Is that a word?) knowldege of the product or application being developed. I can't tell you how many times we got screwed when the apps team was forced to verify their own code and the minute it got released into the wild, it was Problem Report Central. Conversely, when we farmed V&V out to foreign country test houses (I'm looking at you, India, and you, Bulgaria), we got a kazillion bugs filed... even if they were the most remote of corner cases. "No, 'David' (I know that's not your real name, Srinivasan, so stopping calling yourself that!), no one is going to ever try to do that with the application. Failing our code for something that literally is beyond stupid is not a valid bug!" You'd think they got paid per bug or something.

#ahhhhmemories

Ugh... all of this talk of software and bugs is giving me PTSD. I'm going back to pretending to work at my day job. ;)

Jeffro

This is also a killer track by him:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Jeff

FWIW, "grainfreak" aka "Ralph" had a pretty heavy internet forum presence on most of the high traffic guitar tone-centric websites prior to around 2015. At that point, he promptly stopped forum participation due to, as best I can tell, LOTS of drama associated with personal attacks on other listmembers and himself. He still plays, based on what I can find, and is an absolutely STUNNING player, at that.

This is actually his killer Whitesnake cover band, "Almost Whitesnake". Ralph plays the white LP.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And his Journey cover band, "Evolution":
    https://www.capstonemusicent.com/evolution-journey-tribute/

And his older cover band doing "Hold The Line":

And this is him playing on a Fortin modded Marshall:

Jeff

I appreciate all the reply’s but I’m still looking. I’ve tried the RM but came up empty. Does anyone know of a website the perhaps sells profiles?

boz9582,

When you say you "came up empty", does that mean you didn't find any Satriani tones or you didn't find any that you LIKED? What are you using to listen back to auditioned tones? Headphones? Studio Monitors? FRFR setup? Traditional guitar cabs? These all have impact on whether what you hear is what the profile was meant to capture and play back.

Jeffro

If "Gainfreak" made the Mesa profile late September/early October 2012, and it is still on the Rig Exchange, it my be one of these Rigs:

ALL THE SMALL THINGS RECTO ORANGE VINTAGE Mesa Boogie Recto RUPATCHE 4.50 / 5.00 2012-09-22
    Mark IV Lead (1) Mesa Boogie Mark V Danne 4.80 / 5.00 2012-10-09
    Mark V Crunch 2 Mesa Boogie Mark V Danne 4.43 / 5.00 2012-10-09

Thanks, man! I'll hopefully check these out this weekend!

Regs,

Jeff