Posts by francodimo

I played and played and didnt want to ever stop.

... same here! Have it for a week now and played live last Saturday ... impressive feeling.
    Never got this from my POD.
    Yesterday I tried (under earphones) some new loaded profiles (I can recommend packs from ampfactory - espacially try the "Reinhardt Storm Amp" Rigs !!) and my wife heared "unbelievable" and "crazy" from me from time to time but with the next rig it was getting even better and better with the next and ..... :D
    Think this is the end of searching for an amp modeller ...
    :thumbup:

Well my first profile / rig is uploaded in the rig exchange.
    It comes from a Fender Superchamp. My friend has build in another speaker wich sounds much better than the original.
    It's a clean profile ... hope you enjoy it!
    ;)

I had similar "problems" yesterday.
    I was tweaking some new chosen Rigs. If done with one I usually store it "as" and rename with a combination of Letters and numbers in front for my orientation. Then I press "System" and set the rig to a Midi program. (Is it right that there nothing has to be saved separately- simply "exit" system? Thaught so and in most cases it worked).
    Sometimes then different programs where on this place, don't know why.
    In one case I saved a new rig with new name, chosed a midi program and after switching to another and recalling the one saved just before ... it was gone, I couldn't find it like I didn't save it but I'm sure to have done so ...
    Could there be any problems when switching via MIDI in between? :sleeping:

I don't want to downplay your "problem" but for a "naked" recording I don't find your soundclips sounding too bad.
    Just these models you used I don't like much with my guitar too ... but therefore others are great.
    The other recording maybe mastered well (better IT IS ! as we can hear) and together with the right guitar (and - of course a great player will make the sound better
    even with bad hardware :D ) it may make the difference. Besides I think there are made some tweakings to the rigs ...
    Don't worry ... the KPA is definitivly the right unit ! I played a gig last saturday first time with my new KPA and immediatly felt so much better than before
    (POD X3live > HD500). Even over the In-ears the basic tone was great !
    I hope you can figure out what's wrong but sometimes it's only a chain of little issues ...

Let me say so ... in most cases you have a great tone by choosing any good profile.
    By a little tweaking (and adapting to your guitar) you will get a huge sound to your liking.

As I made a homesession last week with a friend (who ownes a very well programmed GT8, I'd gotten the KPA just 3 days)
    we noticed that there is a big difference between guitars (he has a godin LGX... an I use an Ibanez).
    Sometimes rigs that had much drive yet with my guitar were almost clean or crunchy with his...
    So many rigs I call I have simply to reduce gain and the tone is great ...
    Ba the way .... after half an hour he said the GT 8 now sounds like a cardbox .... :D

Please post your findings. I also have an x-15, but have not had a chance to hook it up.

Like I wrote in another thread ... download the manual from ART website.
    http://artproaudio.com/support/manuals_spec_sheets/
    On pages 5 - 6 pdf (in the document 4-5) it's described quiet well.
    The controler numbers for the KPA you find in KPA reference manual.
    For example: To set the button #1 in "mode" modus to switch Stomp A:
    - press "mode" + 4 together
    - then press "1" (LED should be highlighted already, for the other buttons press 2 - 10 or even the "bypass" button)
    - then press up / down buttons and roll to "17" in the display
    - press "mode"
    DONE
    Notice you have to activate the "mode" button then to switch Stomp A by pressing "1" (in this example).
    Of course the Midi channel should be right, OMNI would be fine I think (This should be set by default).

I figured out how to set up my old X-15 to control all accessable parameters of the KPA (and of course to change programs).
    Pedals are now Wah and Volume (wish I could control Delay Mix with it ... ;) ) and I've set the buttons
    in "Mode" choice to switch stomps and effects, call the tuner and one button for tapping ...
    If someone want to do the same: Look into the X-15 manual (downloadable on the ART website)
    page 4-7.

Sorry if this is not quiet the right thread but because pedals are the matter .... :D :

I already read somewhere that at the moment I cannot control the Delay Mix with a pedal.
    I would like to do this !
    Is there a way or will there be one in future?
    (I use an ART X-15 Ultrafoot at the moment)
    :?:

Was near to a heart attack yesterday.
    Got my KPA on Tuesday, programmed few days and everything worked fine, no start problems. Yesterday made many tweakings and prepared for gig (Midi settings a.s.o.).
    Then first time the problem with green screen ... starts then after 3rd try with cable of ...
    On stage same problem ... green screen .... even 10 tries didn't get it to start.
    Fortunatly I read the tips from Armin (shouldn't there be a troubleshooting chapter in a manual ?) and fortunatly I had an usb stick (with latest firmware update and backups) with me.
    Started with [<> + Main knob to tuner] to reinstall from stick : message ".. cannot find software ..." (it was in the "OS Updates" folder like set up by KPA). Copied the .bin to main directory (even a notebook was there :D ) and tried again. Began to install from stick ... after finish (thaught so) message : "unable because of multiple versions..." (there still was the same version in the "OS Update" folder) ... but then he turned on and all settings where still there.
    Had a great gig then .. unbelievable tone (played a HD500 before) and in this matter I'm very happy ... :thumbup:

But such startup problems are not bearable I think ...

I will order an UPS of course but this problem has nothing to do with that.

OK, I'm definitely not an engineer, but could this somehow be a grounding issue? Perhaps the KPA is sensitive to it and you're getting a correct ground when the XLR's are used?

Our band technician told me to try in this direction but no combination (for example no cables except the power cable) worked.

I really hope that will come a solution for these problems!
    8)

Hi, I would like to use my (old) X-15 to control the KPA.
    Program change isn't a problem, already done.

But if I see it right, when I want to use the pedals of the X-15 I have to change the controller numbers to 1 and 7 (normally 4 + 11 in the X-15).
    1) How can I do this (looked into the manual but didn't found out how so far) ?
    (I want to control Wah and Delay MIx must look how to set that up in the KPA too)
    2) How to set controller numbers to certain buttons ?

8)

I just have my KPA 3 days but this feature I didn't know indeed.
    Thank you!

By the way - I'm really happy with the KPA (only earphones so far) - today I will try at home with a little FR-PA
    and tomorrow the first gig with it ...