Posts by b_ryan

I would say that the Kemper has a fairly good display and knob section compared to other of the like. BUT...I think that an editor would be a lot more simple to use. I think that the overview on an editor is a lot better. It is easier to apply stomps, cabs etc. in a rush on an editor. It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that a mouse is slower than a hand tweeking the knobs. Because it is slower of course. Bu then again...it might not be entirely true. Since you have a far better overview on a big screen it is a lot easier to chose the right stuff from the beginning. And scrolling with knobs take a lot of time. It is a lot fastet to chose a dropdown-menu and select the rig, you want. Don't try to make it sound like it is not, because it it easier. It doesn't matter if the mouse is slower. The Whole process is faster in an editor. I have had several hardware with editors. It has ALWAYS been faster and easier with the editor. Even though the overview was fine on the hardware. The fact that you can see everything in boxes or menues on a big screen gives you a better work/editor flow.

That's just my side of Things. I would welcome an editor with open arms.

Is it possible to profile a rig using more than 1 mic? I have searched everywhere, but haven't found an answer yet. I have seen many videos on Youtube, where they set up several mics at the cab, but there are never any discriptions on how or what they do with the mics. I guess the answer is "no", and that the clips on Youtube, which I have seen, where they place more than 1 mic in front of the cab is to make different profiles.

Maybe it is something they will include in the NeXT generation of Kemper Amps. 2 or 3 mics at the same time.

When you try to record an amp in the studio, most people will place more than 1 mic at the cab, so that possibillity would be nice to have.

I am in the situation now, where I have to help a friend with recording. He does not have S/Pdif, so I have to use regular outputs. I have read the manual, but cannot seem to find out which of the settings carry a dry + a wet signal together in seperate outputs. One side dry and one side wet. As far as I understand, it is only the Git/Stack which offer that solution and that is only through S/Pdif. Is it true that I do not have that choice through the regular outputs?

Webb>>> Yes...I just downloaded the 3.0 manual and saw the new chapters. I have to read them again though. It seems that in the output section when chosing git/stack there is a way of controlling both outputs. I need to look at that tomorrow as I am off to my night shift.

mrs-zambesi>>> I have to change the volume of the dry signal. It is too loud. It's clipping. That means I cannot use the dry signal at all. It reaches the digital 0 dB and clips the signal. I can turn the volume on the wet signal up and down. So actually I have no choice other than turning down the volume on the dry signal. I just don't know how.

Webb>>> I'm not sure. I searched Google for "Kemper manual" and looked in my manual, that comes with the Kemper.

That was pretty easy and I had never figured that out by myself :) Thanx a lot. It leaves a question though. The dry signal is way louder than the wet signal and actually clips. Can I turn the volume down on the dry signal?

I'm looking for the easiest way. If just using the S/Pdif to carry both is the easier choice then is perfect. If using S/Pdif for only either wet or dry signal and on of the other outputs for the remaining signal is easier, then it does not matter. It matters though if they do not sync perfectly. When sending the songs for mixing I'm leaving the choice of using the wet signal or reamping the dry signal to the mixing engineer. That is why they need to be in sync. If S/Pdif is a lot faster to carry the signal and the other outputs leaves a little latency, then I would prefer the choice of S/Pdif carrying both signals.

I'm aware that you can do that. That is why I asked for a step-by-step guide :)
    I look in the manual and cannot seem to find where it says, that you have to do this, then this, then this and so on. I cannot read from the manual, what I have to do to configure the different outputs so a clean signal and a wet signal is being send at the same time. To me the manual only tell you, that these different outputs exist. But not how to actually configure them. I'm sorry if I have overlooked something, but I don't think I have.

That is why I hope that someone in here can give me a helping hand.

Hallo fellow Kemper-users. I need to record both wet and the dry signal for future reamping, but I'm not sure on how to do this. I normally just use S/Pdif for the wet signal. How do I record both? I have not been able to find any direct answers either in the manual, Google or here. I think I have read all the threads which appear when searching for the topic. I need a step-by-step guide. I think I need to configure something within the Kemper.