Posts by b_ryan

I agree. Too bad that it is way too easy for someone to buy a pack of profiles and put it on Rig Exchange for all to download for free. But it’s the name of the game. Kemper has made a product and the responsibility lies with the profile sellers. They knew this getting into the market of selling profiles. But it would be cool to be able to block people from sharing bought profiles to respect the people making an effort to make these profiles under better circumstances than what normal people could.

I don’t know if it has been mentioned by others. And I am also still running the first beta. So maybe it has been solved.

If I want to move an effect from one block to another it disappears. For instance.....if I want a gate in the first slot but the first slot is occupied by a drive or eq. Then I move the drive or eq to the next slot and it vanishes and I have to start over.

People keep stating that the problem is the mic position. I still have doubts about what the issue is though.

Let me ask this way then. Does the profile sound the same as the source? Or does it differ from each other?

A different mic position will not change anything if the profile sounds different from the source. Or....yes it will. You can of course just try your luck and move the mic and do a profile until you have a sound that is satisfactory. That might take some time, because most will listen to the sound coming out of the speakers when going for a sound. But if that sound is clouded by the real amp, you will not get close to the sound that you are searching for. And by moving the mic around you might at some point reach your goal. But you will reach it sooner and easier by making sure that what you hear from your source through A/B testing, that it only are the speakers and not leakage from your amp.

You have to make sure that you have optimal insulated rooms to separate the sound from the source and the sound of the profile. A different mic position will make a difference if the sound of the source and the sound of the profile sounds similar. When you have reached this point, you have come far.

The biggest mistake is probably the fact that you A/B on wrong terms. When you don’t have placed the amp far enough away from your Kemper. When you do your A/B testing between your profile and the source, you will hear the sound of the source coming from both the speakers in your room and you will hear the sound coming directly from the source as well and that will cloud your judgement.

When eliminating this mistake you have the option of moving the mic around to find the place it does not sound dull and you will be able to make a profile that sounds pretty similar to the source.

Hey people.

I just recieved my Mission Engineering EP1-KP today and was very exited to dig into the realm of using a Wah on the Kemper. It looked really easy on the Youtube clip, ME put up themselves, explaining the process of connecting the device and how to get it to work. The Kemper System Pages has changed since this video came out, though. I managed to (or at least I think I managed) to figure out what to do, but apparently I'm doing something wrong. The footswitch turns the Wah on/off and the pedal itself changes the parameter that says "calibration". So I guess it is correct set up. BUT...when I put in the cables it kills all sound of the Kemper. Nothing happens if I turn off the Wah and push the pedal up and down. No sound. What I've done is this:

- I pressed and held the Effects button and turned the Browser know to see the different Wahs. I selected the first one just named "Wah Wah".

- The Wah is on Stomp A.

- I made sure to connect a TRS cable to Output 1 of the pedal and a normal jack cable to output 2 of the pedal and the same in the Kemper.

- I pressed the System button and pressed and pressed the Page button 5 times and reached "Pedal 1".

- I selected Pedal Type 1 (under Mode) and Wah Pedal (under Function).

- I pressed the Page button again and reached "Pedal 2".

- Under Mode I tried both Dual Switch and Mono Switch and under Switch Tip I selected Stomp A On/Off. The latter seems to be working.

I hope to get some kind of help with this.

Because when I recorded both the dry di-signal and the wet signal through s/pdif I had such low output on the dry left signal and the wet stack signal was very high. To add gain to the low dry signal I had to first go and change the volume on the stack and raise the overall volume. And I had to do it over again with the next guitar. To me it would be so cool to be able to easily control both signals within seconds, if there were to separate output gain knobs. To make sure that the wet right signal doesn’t distort and exceed the digital 0 dB I have to adjust the signals and the whole stack.

Really great news. I’ve been testing it for a day now. Really works like a charm.

As for now I am only missing one thing. An easy way to control left/right s/pdif output level when recording git/stack. Maybe it’s just me that haven’t found it yet. But two separate knobs right next to each other would be awesome. Other than that I think it is very intuitive. Maybe it should be a lot easier to place an IR in the chain. Haven’t experimented with it though. But I would think that right clicking on one of the slots (for effects, amp etc) one should be able to select IR.

I believe the parameter you're looking for is called SPDIF Clock on page 5 in the Output section of the Kemper.

And that was exactly the help I was hoping for. That was the error, I made. I changed the clock to 48 and the s/Pdif output in the Saffire mix control to 5 (The s/Pdif in Cubase is 5 and 6 in the VST Connection).

Thank you so much :) Now I just need to find out why my guitar signal has so much noise. I suspect it is bad shielding in the guitar.

Hallo fellow Kemper-users.

I’ve tried the Kemper support, but they don’t know what is wrong since it might be a problem, that originates from somewhere else. So I try here in case that someone has a magic overview and can see, what I do wrong. I was hoping, that Kemper support had some knowledge on how their product reacts together with other products and the typical errors, which could occur. But I understand that I might need to contact Focusrite or Steinberg about this, since the Kemper might be working fine.

I struggle a bit with s/pdif recording and reamping. I have watched pretty much all tutorials on YouTube and read the Kemper manual and read through the Kemper forum. I don’t seem to get any closer to fix my problem. I want to be able to reamp a di-signal through s/pdif. I use a windows computer and a Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 and Cubase 9. Here is what I’ve done so far:

- I changed the "sync source" in my interface mix control to "S/Pdif" instead of "internal". When I do so I have no sound at all in Cubase or on my computer in general.

- I hit the input button on the Kemper and changed input source to "S/Pdif Input Reamp".

- I hit the output button and changed the s/pdif output to git/stack.

- In VST Connections in Cubase I created two mono inputs and two mono outputs and assigned them to s/pdif left and right.

- I have the correct s/pdif cable connection.

- I have two mono audio tracks in Cubase. One track with the recorded di-signal and one track for the reamped signal. One the track with the di-signal I selected s/pdif as output (I tried both left and right). On the empty track I selected the input as s/pdif (I tried both left and right).

- In the Focusrite Saffire mix control I also tried to change the s/pdif output to the number it refers to in Cubase when scrolling down in the VST Connections. In my case S/Pdif is 5 and 6.

- I’ve tried reamping by using internal as “sync source”. No audio goes to the empty track. I experienced a lot of feedback during this procedure, when trying out different changes to the S/Pdif output in the Safire mix control.

I have some doubts about the sample rate. Cubase is by default set to 48 and thus the Focusrite Saffire mix control is also set to 48, when I open Cubase. Prior to opening Cubase the sample rate is whatever, I set it to. I saw somewhere that the Kemper used to be working at 44.1 only but now works with several sample rates and in the new manual it mentions several sample rates that works. Am I supposed to change this inside the Kemper? I cannot find anything in the manual for that maneuver. I have never changed anything regarding the sample rate.

If I don’t change the “sync source” to s/pdif and thus making the “sync source” internal, I can hear the tracks in Cubase and stuff on my computer. There is no secret to that since this is the way it always was before I hooked up the Kemper. The funny thing is that I can record both the di-signal and the wet signal through git/stack at the Kempers s/pdif output. But as soon as I change the “sync source” to s/pdif it changes. No sound. I can see the meters in both Cubase and Safire mix control correspond to the audio which is played from within Cubase. That means that I see everything move, but I don’t hear it.

I hope that someone is able to help me out with this.

I wish you all a premature merry Xmas and premature happy New Years :)