Posts by b_ryan

Can you post a screen capture of your Rig Manager?

Do you see the Local Library Section beneath All Rigs? Is there a number next to it (that's the number of rigs it finds)

If so, is Local Library expanded (the arrow to the left of Local Library)?

I cannot post a screen capture. The screenshot is too big apparently. The photo from my phone is also too big apparently.

Yes, I see the "Local Library" under "All Rigs". This is where the profiles and folders have vanished from. Yes, extended. I can see a few folders, that are left. 3 folders to be exact. But some are missing. Some very important ones, I'm afraid. And yes...a number is next to "Local Library" and that number is equivalent to the presets, that are still there.

The "worst possible" thing happened today. I haven't been using my Kemper for a month or so and I turned it on to play this morning. I then see, that ALL of my presets are gone. ALL presets I have dialed in myself and saved in RM are gone and so are the folders, they were in. I also had two folders with bought preset packs - one of them is gone as well. They are not in my physical Kemper.

What do I do? Can they be retrieved somehow? And what the h@!! happened? They cannot just vanish like that. Or at least I thought so.

Best wishes from Brian

Okay….I don’t know why I was under the impression, that some of it already was included in a possible current beta version. I haven’t clicked the beta-option. Can someone confirm or deny that?

Oh my... wow, the stuff we read on here once in a while is entertaining. I invite you to learn a bit about Apple's business practices and then reassess. :D

Wow….it’s very easy to take something out of proportion and turn it i to something different and make fun of it. Well done sir. That’s certainly an ability.

Do I compare their values and business strategies? Certainly not. I only show that I see similarities between how they both were PERCEIVED when they started and how they are PERCEIVED now…by me. And only about these two things. Nowhere do I state, that they follow same strategies and values. Nowhere, I might add again! (It’s mostly regarding the iPhone, iPad, iPod era of course. I’m sorry for not spelling that out. Didn’t think that would backfire like that and turn into something stupid, because someone thinks he knows it all and feels good being a bully).

And these are similar whether you sit high on your horse glancing over the mob while feeling like a bad ass or not. What a typical display of reading something and not understanding it completely and then display it to the public and fit it to the only truth, one see . Well done sir. I salute your truth even if I find it primitive, laughable and sad at the same time. I’m sad for your lack of ability to read and perceive information, my friend. Just to be clear….when I write “friend”, I don’t mean that you’re my friend. It’s just something called sarcasm. Look into it, if you’re not quite sure about, what it is. It might confuse some people.

So let’s compare….shall we? Were Apple in the “beginning” perceived as groundbreaking with smartphones etc? Yes or no? It’s a yes from me. When the Kemper came out, was it perceived as groundbreaking? Yes or no? It’s a yes from me. Were Apple and Kemper being followed closely by competitors and were they trying to do the same thing and reach in to their market? Yes or no? It’s a yes from me.

Let’s continue the fun. Is Apple now perceived as groundbreaking and the leaders of smartphones etc? Yes or no? It’s a no from me. Are Apple taking their time to introduce new tech in their phones compared to Samsung for instance? Yes or no? It’s a yes from me. Is Kemper now being perceived as groundbreaking and the leaders of their branch? Yes or no? It’s a no from me. Are Kemper taking their time to introduce new tech, that competitors already pushed out years ago? Yes or no? It’s a yes from me.

So you see….there you have it. Broken down into what it essentially is, that you couldn’t figure out by yourself. There’s really nothing more to it. Similarities that I see. You’re welcome.

I could have taken the high road….oh well….I didn’t 🤷🏼‍♂️ So please just stop putting something into stuff that isn’t there. The world would be a better place without bullies and I stand up against bullies like you. Feel free not to respond.

Okay. I just read the Fractal forum and can see, that their CEO, himself, posted that the Liquid Profiling is infringing on his patent. If that ends up being true, might it not be a problem? I guess they will just settle.

I’m actually not worried about this so-called infringement. I believe that Kemper has made some adjustments and that it technically isn’t the same. Kemper is known for all but stealing others ideas, so it might be its totally own thing in the end.

In general I do find the whole world of digitalized amps quite difficult to see through. I mean….how many have stolen from each other by now and how many has loaned tech from someone else and put in a slight tweak and then call it “theirs”?

We now see stuff that uses Kempers profiling method. Where’s that patent here? And what is in general new regarding modeling? That has been there since the middle/late 90’s through Boss for instance. The whole idea that “true eq” and “true gain staging” is a new thing, isn’t right. That has been the focus in modeling forever. With results that varies and has become better with time of course. The tech has of course also evolved. But to model the eq and gain stage to deliver a “true” feeling, is not new. So what is it, that Fractal implies is stealing? The fact that the Liquid profiling is put “on top” of a profile? The way it works? How does Fractal know, how it has been designed?

I’m really not that worried.

I agree but if he doesn't intend to actually litigate then his accusations are childish and not helpful.

Is it a real thing? Has the team behind Fractal said this publicly? And can Fractal own rights to modeling? It has been there from before, they did their first product. Line6, Boss and so on all did modeling way before Fractal. But I guess it’s a specific code or something, which differs from all other modeling codes like profiling apparently differs from modeling. But plenty seem to use the profiling procedure in their products as well. So it might be a difficult thing to claim apparently.

I got my Kemper almost 10 years ago, and it's still my preferred studio tool. Great update. Them doing stuff like this makes me totally ok with buying another updated hardware unit if there's ever a Kemper 2, because I'll trust them to design a great piece of hardware to last me as long as the original one, updates included. I don't really see the need though, I have pretty much all my bases covered by the current gen.

True shit right there :thumbup:I too bought the Kemper, when it was released and I’ve had it ever since. I’ve never owned a piece of gear this long and on top of that still being amongst the best in the field. I too would trust the company and buying a hypothetical 2. edition in an instant. But will that ever happen? I’m uncertain.

Wow! Cool news. Kemper pushing the envelope of what’s possible once again.

I see it more like, they finally give us, what has become industry standard many years ago. Browsing commercial profiles in RM, USB recording, Android support and “true” eq has been there for a long time and now Kemper finally thinks, that we also should have that. There’s no pushing the envelope imho. Yes….you can argue that the specific Liquid profiling is new. But is it new in the digital amp realm to have “true” eq? Definitely not.

I see Kemper being like Apple. They were first movers once and everyone copied them and eventually surpassing them regarding reaching into the future and now both Apple and Kemper introduce their new stuff way after the competitors.

Is it only bad? Not, necessarily. Making sure it works perfectly prior to release is a good thing. But I really see no reason what so ever, why they waited so many years to introduce USB recording. Line6 has done this since forever. Instead we had to either use analog or the old S/Pdif solution.

I am happy about the news though. No doubt. But I really just look at it like they are catching up.

To be fair. It’s not CK’s fault that you’ve having eye problems. He cannot make a version for all the different “disabilities” out there. The screen is fine for the majority of people.

And the thing you seek might not even become a reality ever. How many seek a portable solution for their existing pedalboard with few options?

AS I see it, a small easy-to-carry mini version would probably not have a screen and would be connected to the computer for usage and not for live. There already is a unit perfect for a live setting. So why change that, because a few have bad eyes and cannot see the screen or a few would like to add it to a pedalboard? I really see no sense in that.

A Kemper Mini with room for only a couple of profiles has no future, if you ask me. For that situation the Kemper Stage is there. The hypothetical Mini would be a solution for the people, like me, that don’t use the physical Kemper at all. I turn it on/off. That’s it. A Mini would be suitable for me in the studio, where I just need something to run the sound and no knobs or nothing. But do I need it? Not at all. Would I buy it? Not at all. I have the full magic box and have had it since its release. But for new people, it would be great and the possibility of just loading profiles would be fine for me. I don’t make profiles.

So I’m sorry your eyes are going bad. It’s a tough situation. Hope you cope with it and hope you’re finding a solution, that works for you. There are probably many solutions for you out there already.

I'm actually really happy about the Android support, because I've always got a late model Galaxy with me.

And pretty fun with the topic in mind, where many discarded this, where I said, that eventually it WILL come, if Kemper runs a sensible company….which they do. But no….nobody believed this, because Kemper apparently said, that it wasn’t coming. I, for one, couldn’t see why they wouldn’t do it, since there are more Android devices than Apple devices out there….as far as I know. So to NOT do Android, I considered weird. So happy for the droid users.

Liquid profiling - freaking awesome. Looking forward to that.
    Usb recording/reamping - That’s gonna be my favorite thing. No doubt. S/Pdif just doesn’t work on my RME Babyface. So that’s a killer update. Didn’t think it was possible, but always hoped, since it’s industry standard nowadays.

That’s some serious news 💪 Damn 🙏🏻

You’re probably right. I still see the Tonex as something that could stir things up. Imagine you just have to have a midi floorboard connected to a pc/Mac. A cheap live setup and equals a Kemper with a floor controller. I used to run my Kemper with the Behringer midi controller 10 years ago. Same setup….just cheaper. The Tonex will probably be accessible through different products live. I see it as a thing, that really could change things, because of the price tag.

The ToneX-Pedal has been released yesterday !!

When will the "Kemper-Player" be available ??:P

Kemper Player? I’m not sure I understand. They released a pedal for their Tonex platform. Kemper has the Stage unit. What is it exactly you “need”? I just saw videos about it and it’s just a trimmed down version of a Kemper Stage with lots of fewer options. I’m confused 🥴

I was through the exact same thing with my RME Babyface Pro fs. I think I mentioned that as well. A process of hours. Never did this before, so it was a bit challenging to me on my first ever Mac. But I don’t think, that this is the problem. Then everyone on a Mac would have to do this, because the Mac is locked by default.

One thing I have noticed on mine (M1 air) is that with new macs/usb-c, you want to start up RM, then first plug only the usbA to usb-C adapter into the mac first, then run the usb cable from the kemper (usb-B) to the (already plugged in) adapter. If you connect the adapter to the usb cable first then to the mac, sometimes the mac wont recognize it properly. I've had that same issue with some DACs as well.

Weird. I always start my Kemper up first. I never disconnect anything at all. It never failed on me regarding my Air M1.

Later model MacBook Pro's do not have USB 2 ports. They only have USB 3 and Thunderbolt ports. There are no such ports on the Profiler. I had to get adapters and/or cables that would fit the computer and the Kemper. I was never able to connect and update the software or, do anything else with a cable connection. I tried many.

The only way I was able to update the firmware/software was to us a memory stick and an adapter for the computer.

Kemper never offered to take the amp in for evaluations. I wasted a lot of time trying to get it to work.

I thought it was of less importance, but I see now, that it of course is very important. I run everything through a Caldigit Thunderbolt Station 2 (or 3). Not the newest one. It works like a charm….the Kemper RM, my external monitor, midi devices, RME Babyface Pro fs, my external SSD and so forth. Cable is still 10 years old at least.

Have you tried on a different Mac and on a pc? Mine is working on pc and my Mac with the latest Ventura and the previous Monterey. No issues at all.

If it doesn’t work on other devices at all, I would think that it would have to be the Kemper. But if it works on other Macs and pc’s, I would think that it would be the Mac (settings of some sort). When I was installing my RME Babyface Pro fs, it was a pain in the butt. I had to go deep into the Mac’s safety settings and turn off the safety settings, that don’t allow certain non-accepted apps to be installed. It’s a M1 thing and they all have to do this. I don’t know if that is something, you would need to do. I wouldn’t think so 🤔

If your Kemper doesn’t connect to ANY computer, I would open a support ticket at Kemper again and ask, if it is possible to let their people handle it. It’s in Germany though. I don’t know where, you’re located. I just know that my Kemper has traveled to Germany and back to get new LEDs/screen. It took 8 days or so from Denmark from when I sent it till I had it in my possession again. Very fast and reliable. I love the Kemper company. I would think that they would help you out. I don’t know what you have been corresponding with them though and why a suggestion hasn’t been brought up.