Posts by cmbrowns

Have you tried just rolling back the treble and presence? The single coils are going to be a lot brighter than your humbuckers. Maybe to test you could start from a mid to high gain rig you like with your humbucker guitars, change to the Strat and roll the treble and presence quite a bit. Then fiddle with the gain to get it where you'd like.

Which of Armin's rigs are you trying?

Thanks Ingolf, but that would require playing with the files externally. Seems like there should be a "delete performance" function, just like there is for rigs in Browse mode so this could be done directly on Kemper.

Is there a way to delete an existing performance (or maybe better said - initialize an existing performance)? I know I can change the 5 programs, and I can rename a performance, but there doesn't seem to be a way to just clear an existing performance back to default blank.

It looks like I can move to an initialized performance and store that over an existing performance but that seems like an odd way to get there.

Here's something you might try to at least compare your Kemper with another Kemper.

There's a video of Mitch Gallagher at Sweetwater playing a PRS with the Black Bass Dimed profile that is a standard profile in your Kemper. You should be able to find the video on the Sweetwater.com site by searching for the Kemper Profiling amp.

If you play a humbucker guitar with this profile having everything at the default and then listen to his playing on this demo through the same speakers, you should be getting pretty much the same result. Obviously all guitars and players are different but this would at least be a way to start from a known same profile through the same speakers. For me, with a Les Paul or a PRS, I get a very good match.

If not pretty close you probably have something set non-default (look through your Kemper parameters) or there may be something about your sound system/speakers.

This may not be exactly the kind of profile you're trying to use, but it seems like a good quality profile and might at least give you a comparison point to start from.

Hope that's helpful.

Maybe some parameter that's locked, affecting all profiles?

Otherwise, maybe it really is some hardware issue. Any near place where you can try another Kemper with the same profiles? Have you tried contacting support to see what they might suggest?

Hey PhilUK84,

Is it possible you're going down too many paths at once? In your first posts you talk about the fizzy sound being there before you ever mention recording and interfaces. If you connect your Kemper directly to your Rokits (or whatver you currently monitor with) are you hearing the fizzy tones at that point? If so, is it in all or most profiles for you? Do you have more than one guitar to try (it could be something about the pickups or a combination of the profiles and guitar). Profiles that may sound great with a humbucker can sound pretty poor on single coils and vice versa unless you so some tweaking.

Are you sure you have the cabinets enabled on the output? Not mixing in direct sound with the amp sound?

Sorry if you've already tried all of this and hope you get the problem worked out.

+1 on that Blonde Bassman.

Too bad no '63, but if either the '62 or '64 are a 6G6B (with the presence control and solid state rectifier), this is the version used by Brian Setzer, the Beatles, the Who, etc. that is supposed to be quite different than other Bassmans in those years. I don't think any of the Kemper Bassmans so far are a 6G6B.

Looking forward to your new profiles.

Are you sure you bought the Uno4Kemper firmware and not just an updated FCB1010 firmware?

When you boot the Kemper with the pedal connected, you should see a message saying "Uno for Kemper v1.0 connected." If you're not seeing that message you probably don't have this chip. With the Uno4Kemper firmware you would not use the FCB1010 instructions. You should have received the instructions with your chip but you can also find it at http://www.uno4kemper.com/UnOforKemper_manual.pdf

Hope you get it sorted.

Yeah, PM is not quite usable yet. Can't use the volume pedal, since going in and out of tuner mode (at midi volume 0) results in very choppy volume changes. The same scenario works smooth in the browser.

Hey Trazan, if you want to bypass having the tuner come up from the expression pedal, you can go to Rig, page 3 and set the volume control range higher than the -5, like -4.5. There is also a lock checkbox to make this the case for all rigs.

On my system, the tuner is only coming up if this is set to -5. Hope that helps.

Got mine in CT today. It was shipped on the 15th so 4 days to get here.

Works great and seems more responsive than the pedal with the original chip.

One thing I found -

I was trying to see how the tuner would come up when volume pedal is heel down, but I couldn't get it to work.

Tried re-calibrating a few times but still no. Ended up to being the Kemper settings under the Rig button, page 3 (Volume pedal). If the Range is not set to -5 (full left) then the tuner option does not come up. Mine was set to -4.5 and locked. Rest to -5 and locked and the tuner works well. So far, I'm not seeing a problem with the transition from tuner back to the regular volume. Seems pretty smooth.

We see all sorts of anxious messages on missing features, the foot controller, new effects that might be added, some kind of editor. And sure, the Kemper is already perfectly usable as is and there are more and more great profiles. But how about starting out the new year with some kind of positive update on what we might expect in 2013?

Surely it's not that important that every detail is always a secret. At least for me it's not so much the wait. I'd just be interested to know what it is I might be waiting for.

What do you say?

Yes, I know I can control it from the VStudio, but for my purpose that wouldn't work as well. The VStudio will not be at arms length where the Kemper will be right there.

I could also just use the Kemper volume control instead of the Master volume (volume and all other control seems normal), or I could just use the analog outs. But I just couldn't quite see why the Master volume would be bypassed, and I was wondering if this is possibly a bug. Or if intended, I was curious as to why that bypass would be necessary.

Hello,

Just starting playing with the SPDIF out and I'm finding that it seems to bypass the master volume. I couldn't find any settings that seem to control this so I'm guessing it's intended to work this way?

I'm just trying to connect the Kemper SPDIF to a VStudio 100 since there are very limited channels. But losing the master volume would make it a bit of a problem, so I'd probably end up having to go with the main stereo outs to analog channels.

if intended to work this way, can I suggest this as a future enhancement?

A feature I always liked in the Digitech Control One pedal was that if you click a program change button a second time, it toggles back to whatever program you just came from.

So rather than just doing nothing if you click the program change button while you're already on that program, you could use it as a toggle between two programs. Really nice for a quick change and back again. And since it didn't matter what bank the "previous" patch was from, you could toggle between programs that may not be in the same current bank.

Thanks everyone for the advice. And richaxes - thanks for that 69 patch advice and the tips for Clarity. I had tried that one with a Les Paul and it didn't jump out at me, but for this with a Telecaster it's very good.

Hope you get a chance to post your rig. I'd like to see what other changes you've made.

Thanks for the tip and I'll check out the Matchless profiles.

There's so many I've just been trying different amps with different guitars to try and find some favorites. Got to the Telecaster and started thinking of this kind of sound.

Is it possible to save stomp setups? Lke if I set up a specific flanger I was hoping I could save it under some name so I could use it again in a different rig.

I know the settings would save as part of a rig - just wondering if they can be saved separately under a meaningful name so I could just browse through them for any rig.
    Thanks