Posts by Blackbird

I have to ask, for clarification, are we talking about two different issues here? One instance where the volume completely mutes and zero sound comes from the profiler.(Also the tuner comes up on the screen.) And a separate issue where the volume drops significantly, you can still hear sound, but very faint?

If yes, the second issue happened to me last week at the end of a 3 hour set. At first I thought it was batteries dying in my wireless pack, and that is the best way to describe the sound, but it was the same with a cable. We finished out our last two songs with my guitar barely audible, I know it's not the Tuner/Volume zero issue because the screen still displayed the correct profile. I don't want to pile on, but just reiterating the concerns of us live players, this is a very critical issue. I am the vocalist/rhythm guitar player and cannot simply walk over and turn my master volume up or take 2 minutes to reboot the entire KPA. Unfortunately, as much as I LOVE the sounds I get from the unit and it's versatility, I cannot use it in a live situation until this problem is solved. I am not sure how the KPA team will be able to hunt down and correct the problem, but I hope it is done soon.

Excellent product, just a few issues preventing it from being the ultimate studio/live tool.

Bump.

Agree this is a threat to using the KPA live and could result in embarassing issues. It's strange that no KPA staff can drop a line in here.
    Maybe the only solution for now is to downgrade the firmware to a version that does not have the 'volume pedal zero-tuner mode' functionality.

Saffire Pro 40 input channels require too much gain. I used to mic a Mesa MarkIV, cranked loud, mic touching the grill, and had to have the channel gain on the Saffire to around 7.5 to get a usable signal into the DAW. The real problem is the extra noise that brings in when the instrument is silent. I would go with a more recent platform. Just my two cents.

Thanks for posting that VESmedic. The Sneap cab definitely sounds great, ableit with more low-end and scoop. But I still wouldn't consider it 'better' than the original track you made. And that's not meant to be negative, I just think the term 'better' is subjective. Both are 'better' for different situations.

I should say however, I am listening at work through headphones. Actually playing the profile or hearing it through a powered monitor could make a huge difference. But from a basic recording perspective, they are both great tones.

KPA on left in 8space rack. Yamaha DXR10 on right. XLR straight to PA.
    Also in the rack is a power conditioner and solid state amp (in case the DXR fails and I need to run through a cab), with those two in the rack, the KPA fits perfectly. Of course, it's not transported like that, just set in the rack at time of gig to protect it from getting hit, bumped, wetness, etc.

Love how the glowing KPA stands out and makes people wonder WTH is that thing? :)
    [Blocked Image: http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab156/ahogfan80/kpa1_zps28906132.jpg]

Hi Tony,
    I tried to PM you my order code so I could get the updated Metal Pack 1 files, but it says you do not want to receive PM's at this time. How can I receive the updated profiles?
    Thanks.

Ordered one of these and it arrived yesterday, it's a really great solution with an excellent fit. Plenty of room for storage and I really like the velcro/zipper combinations for compartments. Plus it's very stealth and non-descript, it doesn't scream "inside this bag is a Kemper, grab the shoulder strap and take off with me!" :thumbup:

Thanks for the suggestion Will.

This kind of happened to me at last rehearsal and couldn't figure out what was going on. But I still had sound, just crappy unprocessed sound. And it seemed to directly affect the patch, because I would move the chickenhead knob from browse to tuner, back to browse, but then as soon as I stepped on PC001 the tuner would pop up. Restarting the KPA made everything right again, but that was very stressful--can't have it happen in a live setting.