Posts by Blackbird

Artembankin,
    Your scope is too narrow. You are not the only Kemper user and the Kemper is not only for people that do mixing/mastering. Profiles are not just for the goal you described.
    When evaluating a profile, some of us would also like to hear what "non-professional" or "amateur" users can create. If they can create something with potential, using their limited resources, then I can extrapolate that to fit my skills and expectations. Not all of us base our buying decisions on one single perfectly mixed demo. If you cannot evaluate the quality of a tone from his demo, and require a perfect mix to ascertain usefulness, then perhaps your skills need some improvement.

My point in addressing you was that, your songs and mixing abilities are not perfect. They are above average. So to beat your chest and degrade someone else's contribution only accomplishes two things: it discourages other "amateur" users from making demos, and, it makes you look like a big douche.

Neither of those outcomes are good, so maybe your negative thoughts and opinions are better kept to yourself. Not all of us are only interested in perfectly mixed demos and appreciate what more common users are able to contribute.

Your work is nice my friend

Perhaps instead of bashing my amateur, self-taught way of mixing, maybe you could give me some tips ? :)
    I'm always looking to improve

Regards
    -nox

Noxtherox's quick demos sounded good, and at least he is playing and creating original material, instead of simply re-amping the guitar skills of other people.
    For someone like yourself, who still has some learning to do, it's surprising you would be so unnecessarily critical.

I live in Portland Maine. So not a huge city, but we do have a Guitar Center. The problem is, aside from the fact that they cost $2,700 new, I'd also have to buy a high end monitor too (another $650-$1,000) along with some sort of footswitch (because apparently, Kemper is the only company stupid enough to not put out an acceptable footswitch with a unit like this). So if I ended up buying all of that and didn't like it, it's going to be a pain to return it all because Guitar Center doesn't carry the Kempers in stock. And I'm not sure if I can return the Kemper to GC if it's a special order. I wish I knew someone in the area that had one. Then I could just see for myself what they're like. But no dice on that.

They aren't 2,700 new, that is the option with the power amp. You just said you'll probably go with an Atomic or DXR10/12, those have onboard amps, so you don't need the KPA with the built-in power amp. It's super easy to order one from the litany of online providers: GC, MF, Music123, AmericanMusicalSupply, Zzounds, etc. They all have 30 day return periods. So yeah, you can just see for yourself what they're like.

Oh and AxeFx didn't offer a foot controller when it was initially released, so I guess they are stupid too. :rolleyes:

Look if the bbe stuff was so great for guitar tones, everyone would be using one. Think of things people swear by and rave about: sm57s for micing, tubescreamers for boosts, countryman for DI's, mainstay company names like marshall and mesa: equipment that is tried and true, and proven to work, at the very professional of levels. If the BBE stuff was great for guitars, tons would be using it. And some did ( machine head comes to mind) until they got smart(er).

FWIW, these bands/guitarists are using BBE units. Some pretty professional acts.

Vai, Slipknot, Chimaira, Saliva, Satch, Jennifer Batten, Shadows Fall, Korn, Megadeth, Periphery, Jeff Loomis, Yngwie, Anthrax, Disturbed, Alice In Chains, Def Leppard...

I agree it's not for everyone, but it's not completely useless.

Ok I've scanned the rig exchange and tried most of them out. Must admit alot of them were too thrashy more my liking I'm not a metal player. I've got TAF 5150 from pack 2 and I've found a profile in there that sounds quite good but its the 3rd channel. When I was in the shop the guy was playing channel 2 of the fender 5150 which sounded awesome. Can't seem to find one that sounds like that though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy has a TAF bundle with the best 5150 III profiles, to my ears. You may be able to purchase just that amp pack. But it has all three channels, captured extremely well.

Will it be just a manager for profile files on our PCs or will it allow the sofware control of the unit via USB?
    I love my Kemper but it gets a bit annoying after awhile with all of the "play, turn knobs, record, go back to the unit, redo, re record ... etc.

Wow, sounds like just lazy to me.

What a shame to have such amazing gear but to be troubled with controlling it's behavior. Tough burdens in life. :whistling:

Hm, as much as I would like to agree, I simply can't. As much as I'm looking forward to the RigManager and as much as I appreciate your efforts, I know (from my own experience) that I could have come up with both at the same time easily.

Yeah but they were working on a RigManager, as opposed to the 'Hello World' app you're used to developing. :D

Why do you even post here? Everything you type seems like a whiny child. Grow up.

You and Myramyd have an extremely distorted perception of how programming works and the effort required. If it was so easy to grab some Red Bull and make a rig manager why didn't you do so? It would have been extremely lucrative. But of course, you haven't the slightest clue about developing applications, you just like to criticize as if you did.

To all of the longtime members here who have supported the KPA from the beginning, sorry for the rant. But this thread should be exciting and fun instead of all the bashing from the children. Thanks KPA team for releasing this. I have plenty of ways to run this on my mac. Can't wait to see what you guys release next! :thumbup:

Another vote for 1964 Ears. I've been using triple drivers with soft canals for almost a year now, excellent quality. Using with the Sennheiser G3 wireless unit.