Posts by bshaw92

I got the master volume and rig volume concept. I noted that I'm using the master volume knob to increase or decrease my stage volume (monitor) so it is not linked to the FOH volume. I noted the main volume which is under the system settings where you can link and unlink monitor etc. I have decreased that because my overall level going to the FOH was a little hot so it was lowered.

The question is what will make the output clip?

I've tried clean/dist and it seems to not matter. I did notice the clipping goes away for the most part if I'm not plugged into the monitor out.

The cab volumes are set at 0 for me. I have the master at -15db (main setting under system) so it allows the FOH some headroom. I can't increase the master as I use it for my monitor. The eq's are flat so the tone qualities should be the same from both outputs. I like them set identical so I hear what the audience hears. I use an FRFR for my monitor. If I want any eq change I change it at the amp level so it carries to all outputs identically.

I have a two part question.

1.) I have some output clipping on may rigs using my JP6 and Les Paul (both HB). I have tried the clean sense decrease and it still shows some hints of light red on heavier attacks. My Dist. is 0 and clean is now 2.5. I tried 0 and it was the same result. If I plug into the main output instead of monitor output it appears to diminish. The problem is that I use the monitor out so I can control my monitor volume using the master volume knob on stage and leave the FOH volume constant.....which brings me to question 2..

2.) When I plugged the 1/4" into the main instead of the monitor the tone was slightly different. I have everything on as far as the rig-cabinet on both outputs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Looks like it was a computer issue. After several troubleshooting efforts it is now working. Please delete this post as I cannot.

Is anyone else having issues downloading rigs from the exchange?? I've tried a couple times, went out and came back in and no go....

Yes they have not been touched. The issue came up because they had the trim turned all the way down and it was still too hot......even though I've used it through the same connection with the same settings for the previous 4 weeks. The only change was my update. No big deal just curious as I never changed it from the original change.

I've updated to the newest firmware and wanted to check if the master volume output level has changed. I have the level set about three weeks ago with the FOH so it is not too hot. I never touch this after setting it with the sound people. After my update this week with no other changes it was way to hot (feed to them) so I had to turn the signal down to them. I am now below halfway for the signal sent to the keeping the rig volumes at the same place. Any ideas as to why this may have changed? Is there a possability for the lower signal to not produce as dynamic or touch sensitive response or should everything be the same with the level below halfway?

I've used it from it's initial release and updated to the new release (favorites come up if you left it so you don't need to reset to favorites every time) as well with no issues so far. I play it live weekly and use the favorites button so I can change between three rigs based on the songs we are playing. I have about 890 rigs and have had no problems with freezes or lockups. I'm in the process of deleting the ones I don't use. I've got copies of all and more on my computer so it's time.

I've got some from there, but some are a little midi driven/fake and sound nowhere close to what some people have posted in the soundclips with backing tracks.

Anyone that has found and used some good sites for backing tracks please note the site. I've found a couple but some are more midi generated. I've seen a couple references to guitar hero or band. I would like to have some good quality ones to use.

OK all is setup but I have a question as it pertains to CC and available slots. I have the cc signal number to send to the Kemper but it must be in the available slot to function correct?

i.e. there are only 4 slots but can I have EQ., Rotary, Wide, Chorus, Delay, Reverb so when I hit the button they come on? It doesn't appear to as the setting has to be with each Rig or locked and if locked I would be limited to 4 slots. New to midi so just checking.

When do you think we will be getting these Profiles that Tom is doing in the demos on You Tube? It seems that there is a list of profiles that might be coming up based on the "on-site" profile demos that are being made. Just curious..... Kemper folks - You can email the old School Orange .kpr file that was just done in todays news if you would like to..... :thumbup: