Posts by bshaw92

Plug your 1/4 into the top connector by the strap button. Choose an acoustic rig and flip the top toggle on your guitar inthe up position. That is piezo only. The middle is a blend piezo electric and the lower is electric only.

I have a question regarding equalizing the acoustic rigs best with all others. I use a JP6 with piezo so having the acoustic rig was good however the sound level drops off compared to my other rigs running an electric guitar. I can adjust the rig volume on those for level?, add a boost? or other suggestions??. Has anyone started doing this so the switch from acoustic to distorted electric or electric period is a smooth shift?

I use the crate setup with a cabinet. I have the monitor out connected to the line in and then setup my Kemper to use the master volume knob to control the monitor volume. You could also run the mains into the line in using a y cable. The left...right...mono connections are speaker outputs as the crate can run in stereo. Let me know if this makes sense. I can send you some pictures if you pm your email.

I have the tech 21 and added a Pyle tweeter to get more of a full range. Used it for two months and now trying a crate power block that I can run into a cabinet or stage monitor. So far I like the sound it is producing. There is also an Electronic harmonix power amp 44magnum that might do it for you.

As with life many things can be overcome by good communication. The product can do everything needed but people are also able to have an opinion and voice it properly. No one needs to take sides, condemn nor kiss butt. The facts are that this thread is no different then the other thread about changing product form with or wothout CK. If communication and tentative timelines are provided then those looking for the specific features at least have some frame of reference. Everyone will never be happy all the time but good communication is definately a starting point that will take care of the majority. Everything is available........foot pedal (Voodoo Labs, Behringer, etc..), Rig management (favorites, last imported, etc..), Power amp (Tech 21, Crate Power Block, Electro harmonix Magnum, etc..). Product Form - why be like everyone else?? A majority of these threads go away with open communication and timelines for path forward. There also needs to be an understanding that technology is constantly changing and the priorities if given will be subject to change.

I have an JP6 with piezo and I'm looking for some recommendations from people running a piezo setup through the Kemper. I have been using the acoustic dream with some adjustment but having problems with level consistency and maintaining a consistent acoustic tone. If anyone has some experience with positive results please pass on.

not that I've noticed. I have set my levels to be equal across the rigs via decibel meter. If I know the logic sequence I can better understand the input output relationship. I was able to turn down the volume under the system and got the signal to be less hot to the FOH so I figured that would also be the method for the monitor adjustment to keep it out of orange so I did not have to go back through all the rigs and level again. Let me know the cause effect relationships when you can.

Don't get me wrong this is not some extreme problem issue. This is just a couple rigs peaking the light into Orange/red on heavier attack. Since I've gone through and leveled all output volumes I just wanted to get the signal paths and variables so I could understand the cause/effect relationship. This way I have a better understanding of the units operation. It is not a noticeable noise it is more the indicator changing colors indicating a clip. I'm looking more for the hows and whys.

both are flat. Can you confirm all the path variables?

Guitar.........clean/dist sensitivity.........internal volume levels (Main, Monitor, Headphone).......Rig Volume,Master Volume.

(The other variables being volume boosts within effects, cabinets, but assuming all are set at zero only the variables listed above.)

I'm with you sometimes simplicity in certain areas is better. This is one of those... I can only say that I was noticing a little clipping on the output LED (light Orange on some rigs). I read a few posts and tried the cleans sens thing. I tried the monitor out connection only and the same connection to the main out (both went to the same tech 21 connection so the only change was monitor out versus main out 1/4".). When I plugged into the main there was no clipping...only when I had the connection to the monitor out. I tried several things and then messed around with the volumes under the system which I found to reduce the clip. I don't know what else to attribute it to. If I knew exactly what drove the "before" I could make a definite statement of the "after". Both guitars I use are humbuckers with higher output.

The master volume knob does not. What I'm talking about I'd under the outpu button there are volume settings this is where you can make that adjustment to every source which is why my monitor was clipping but my mains were not. You adjust your main, monitor and headphones. Worked lovely.

Right but my point is that we've tried it and it sounds like you have no cabinet at all rather than just paying the amp profile out your monitor. You need to try it to see if you have the same result because we got the premise just not getting the result. I'll keep with the current setup as I like the cabinet sound to change with each rig but from the first couple tries I'm getting the result.

Back to the original question. I have noticed some of the rigs had eq and others with volume values but the answer is adjusting the system output volumes (if keeping the rig volumes consistent). They were just hitting Orangr but now appear under control.

What I had happen was when the cab is switched to off in the monitor it sounds like you turn it off in the main rig. I was happy with it before but I wanted to see what the change was if anything. I put a Pyle tweeter in with the 12" and love it as well as being able to adjust volume with my my Kemper knob. I think the main question is....is there anything we are missing in the methodology of setup. The principle is you should be able to shut off the cab and have the amp and speaker produce a more cabinet like sound. First attempt was not successful for me but I'm also happy with it as is. You need to try it so you have an idea of what we are talking about not just the manual theory of the setup. I'm not seeing other buttons. Also, I mentioned this before and someone noted it couldn't be but I upgraded and my main volume to the foh is now not as hot (all else was the same) so I adjusted it up a little more. The last upgrade the output went hotter and this one dropped a little. Any thoughts on the monitor stuff is appreciated.

The literature and site state that it does but I tried shutting off the cab using the monitor out into a Tech 21 power engine and it did not sound like described so I will check on what else needs to be done because that is literally a SS power amp and speaker cabinet.