Output Clip Monitor Vs Main

• Just to be clear, are you saying that the Master LED was clipping (Orange/red) but after altering the volume settings in the Master menu the clipping was reduced i.e the Master LED was no longer clipping orange/red? This confuses me :pinch: I thought those settings affected external volumes being sent by the KPA rather than any internal clipping...but I'm glad it worked for you!

I think we're talking about different things - e.g clipping within the unit as opposed to clipping on external monitoring? I've struggled quite a bit with keeping the master LED from clipping.

I miss the times when there was one big knob marked volume :)

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• I'm with you sometimes simplicity in certain areas is better. This is one of those... I can only say that I was noticing a little clipping on the output LED (light Orange on some rigs). I read a few posts and tried the cleans sens thing. I tried the monitor out connection only and the same connection to the main out (both went to the same tech 21 connection so the only change was monitor out versus main out 1/4".). When I plugged into the main there was no clipping...only when I had the connection to the monitor out. I tried several things and then messed around with the volumes under the system which I found to reduce the clip. I don't know what else to attribute it to. If I knew exactly what drove the "before" I could make a definite statement of the "after". Both guitars I use are humbuckers with higher output.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• both are flat. Can you confirm all the path variables?

Guitar.........clean/dist sensitivity.........internal volume levels (Main, Monitor, Headphone).......Rig Volume,Master Volume.

(The other variables being volume boosts within effects, cabinets, but assuming all are set at zero only the variables listed above.)

• Can you confirm that the clipping happens in the KPA?
    Is the clipping reduced when you turn down Monitor Volume by a bit?
    Can you hear the clipping when you insert a headphone to the monitor jack?

• Don't get me wrong this is not some extreme problem issue. This is just a couple rigs peaking the light into Orange/red on heavier attack. Since I've gone through and leveled all output volumes I just wanted to get the signal paths and variables so I could understand the cause/effect relationship. This way I have a better understanding of the units operation. It is not a noticeable noise it is more the indicator changing colors indicating a clip. I'm looking more for the hows and whys.

• not that I've noticed. I have set my levels to be equal across the rigs via decibel meter. If I know the logic sequence I can better understand the input output relationship. I was able to turn down the volume under the system and got the signal to be less hot to the FOH so I figured that would also be the method for the monitor adjustment to keep it out of orange so I did not have to go back through all the rigs and level again. Let me know the cause effect relationships when you can.

• So lets get to the beginning:
    1. When you have some red light on Inout or Output, no need to worry. There is still some headroom.
    2. The lights do not change, when you plug to Monitor.
    3. The sound of Main and Monitor should be the same, if MonitorCabOff is not set.