Posts by Delinquent

I like the suggestion and it would help but-

It's about the person doing the profiles perception of the sweet spot.

This involves way more then the pickups for it to work for you.

We would need tags for size of pick/fingers, strength of playing, style, string gauge, attitude at time of profiling, taste, hearing loss, influences etc etc.

Bottom line it's easier to just audition as many as possible until something speaks to you. IMO of course.

Different guitars may require different settings.

Having said that -

Plug your guitar of choice into the KPA.

Push the input menu.

Set both the clean and distortion sense to zero.

Turn your guitar volume control up to full.

Strum your guitar very hard while alternating turning up the clean sense until it starts to turn red then back it down a bit until it's green, a little bit of orange is Ok.

Leave the distortion sense alone.

Now relax, exit the input menu and enjoy the KPA.

Re- pick noise - are you using compression stomps?, if not there is a very useful feature in the amp menu to reduce this.

Even though the presonous have very good room control options I would have them on stands away from those angled walls even though they are front ported. I have the small e5 ones and they are excellent for the price. There frequency response is more then enough for the guitar but for mixing I need to reference on headphones for anything below a low e on bass. The e8's will cover lower of course but you will have to mix at very low levels. Monitors are all about compromise and you adjust to them unless your budget and space allow.

P.s, I would have bought the JBL LSR that Zap has also if they weren't rear ported.

Well i have it now installed and played with it for 15 minutes and just posting to say WOW, great sound and touch sensitive with my Duncan SSL1 and JB HSS Strat. Now to plug in the 335.

Thanks again for your effort it has made a middle aged man on the over side of the world very happy:)

Wow that's a lot for a pick, my kids eat picks, funny reading this because I just saw my 18 month old drop my last one down the grill of a air condition unit, I think I'll sick to the 3mm Dunlop stubbies.

The standard EP-1 works fine, I have know idea if there is any difference except for the colour. Asked the question to mission once and never received a reply.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Size is my main concern. I also want to use my own mission exp pedals. The single Ethernet connector for two way communication means one less cable. The FCB is good for what it is, the best bang for buck option but it's not for me so personal preference could be thrown in as well. I am hoping kemper will surprise us with something unexpected too.

I'll wait till Musikmesse now then if it doesn't show FMAC gets my money for now.

There is no "correct path", you can place the looper in the stomp slots, the x slot, after the mains out ( not for powered KPA) or as described in the wiki -

"The Return input and Alternate input are routed post effects and direct to Master when the Aux input volume is greater than 0. This means you can have your looper in stereo. The signal from the loop gets tapped and is sent to master (effectively bypassing delay and reverb).
    Ingolf"

All will give you different pro's and con's.

It looks like you have a powered KPA?

I would start with placing it in the x slot with a mono loop.

This option will work well when your using one profile and just turning stomps on and off.