Posts by Delinquent

Oh Yeah 8)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yep he can not only do it all, but to play that with not a single bum note is just mind blowing. 😳

Absolute Bargain NGD.

Had no intention of buying a guitar, 🎸 n fact I have sold 3 over the last couple of years and bought none intentionally limiting myself to 3 electric, 1 bass and 1 acoustic.

But I woke up this morning to a public holiday here down under and decided to window shop the local classifieds over coffee and bang a 2011 Fender MIM road worn HSS Strat in showroom condition for pick up 15 minutes away.

This one has was only offered for two years in Inca silver and CAR.

Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates in the bridge paired with Tex Mex single coils.

Modern c neck, medium jumbo frets and rosewood fretboard just like my main squeeze 2014 American Standard.

Sounds great, only qualms are the cookie cutter relic job and slightly pale fretboard but more then made up for by the feel and fit which are superb.

The other stand out, the super silky feel of the neck. Unlike the lacquer body it’s polyurethane but somehow they have treated it to feel like I would imagine a well played nitro 50 year Fender would feel, incredible but how they did it I don’t know.

So the price, $899 AUD / $585 USD / $546 EU / $468 GBP. and they seem rather rare.

Here’s a video in German that is exactly like mine. (Don’t know how to post picks)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Another

Just to be clear I posted this thread not to whine or judge, in a couple of months I will of had my vintage White Head for 14 years, quite unbelievable for a piece of tech, dare say I’m definitely a fanboi.

But what I have noticed is Kempers change in handling updates, features and backflips such as their will be no android support for the mobile editor and no audio interface abilities for KPA units.

In the past they remained very tight lipped about future features and new products, I can only think of the KPA remote as an exception because CK was seeking feedback from this forum.

This got me thinking, are they jumping the shark?

That would definitely be very unexpected for Kemper as it would go against everything they have ever done in the past. Like you a subscription model would be a total non starter for me.

Yes definitely unexpected for Kemper of the past but things change, first and foremost I want the Kemper to flourish, if that means a different path so be it.

Having said that if I just entered the Kemperverse I might feel differently but as a very long time user I feel my expectations of free updates/features have more then satisfied my return on investment.

I know we have to be patient, and respect that Kemper has to generate new income but wonder if with the recent developments and new products has overwhelmed them.

Please let me know if I’m mistaken.

In no particular order-

Speaker imprints for the Kab. @ 4 years, no new imprints as promised.

iOS Rig manager, definitely needed a better rig search experience from day 1, Rig and System menu would be nice. Released @ 3 years ago, no meaningful update.

What happened to the Kemper Store, don’t use rig manager Pc/Mac but I’ve never heard a thing since announcing.

Drivers for Kemper PC audio interface,have no horse in the race but thought this would be a priority.

I’m sure there’s a lot more, please add.

I am also old and dumb and had the Kemper a long long time.

I constantly have have to refresh with the manual if there is an action I have not used for some time.

Having said that most common use is now intuitive and a breeze.

Glad you seem to have accomplished what matters most to your scenario. :thumbup: