Posts by djdyer

It's probably been said before, but the layout of the Kemper remote is just perfect for live use, and I can not see how the Quad Cortex can achieve the same thing without a lot more foot tapping. Also the switches seem too close together on the Quad Cortex for reliable switching in a live situation. With the Kemper I have found that I only need 1 performance to cover all styles, with 5 rigs from acoustic sim, clean to high gain, each with a morphed lead setting and up to 4 stomps/effects i can turn on/off for each rig. I can't see how the Quad Cortex can be set up to achieve the same thing.

I have rig manager on a few computers in several locations. It would be nice to make edits to the rig manager content on one computer and see them on another computer without having to make a back up file and transfer it. Not a major pain, but it would be nice to have rig manager content synchronised across all my computers. Any plans to allow us to set our own location for rig manager's content file, like a google drive folder, so several rig manager installations can look at the same data file? (but not at the same time necessarily)

Sorry if this has been asked before. I could not find it with a search. Is there any way to type in a specific value for a parameter? Scrolling the mouse wheel does not seem to allow input of all values on some parameters.

Interesting video here from a really good pro uk guitarist running through some performances he created using mbritt profiles.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm a long term kemper user but a real newby at using the rig manager. I find that pressing 'm' moves all the knobs to the morphed position (really cool! ) but does not change the numeric values below the knob. Is this a known bug or am i doing something wrong? For my morphed volume boosts i really want to see the actual value of the morphed setting. Thanks for any advice.

My function band in the UK have just finished our first professionally done show reel.

Kempers on the guitar and bass. BM, M Britt & TAF profiles used.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I use 2 from the BM Friedman BE100 pack for modern crunch and high gain, and 2 of MBrit's Vox AC15 (pack 3) for clean and vintage crunch. I've been using these 4 profiles for several years now in a rock/pop covers band and have not found better ones for live use. They are slightly dark and work very well at high volume through pa speakers.

A possible way to avoid wasting a lot of time auditioning crap rigs : If a kemper profile is just a list of parameters derived from the profiling process (my understanding of it) then it should be possible for the rig manager to sort the profiles in the rig exchange by their similarity to a reference profile that you like (sort by their summed difference in parameter values from the reference rig). Adding this sorting option to the rig manager would make the rig exchange much more useful i think, as you could hunt for a half decent profile of the type you want (or use one you already have) and then having found that try all the similar profiles with slight variations until you find what you are looking for.

I use morph to boost the amp volume for a lead boost. Morphing the amp volume (from say 0db to 3db) rather than the rig volume makes it a little easier to see what the boost is, and also means you can adjust the unmorphed rig volumes to balance the levels across your rigs whilst maintaining a fixed lead boost from the amp volume. Previous posts from the Kemper team confirmed that amp volume and rig volume have exactly the same effect with no difference in tone.