Posts by Bluesboy82

Up for sale is my Music Man 25th Anniversary guitar, specs are as follows:

Bolt-on birdseye maple neck and maple fretboard with mother of pearl small dot markers, chambered basswood/mahogany body with Venetian redburst quilted top, tremelo bridge, locking tuners with pearl buttons, two DiMazio custom covered humbuckers, 5 way lever pickup selector with series/parallel toggle and single volume and tone controls.
    Comes with Music Man 25th Anniversary branded hard case and case candy.

Price is £1600 excluding delivery or would consider trading for the following with + or - cash difference:

Kemper Profiling Amp (Black face)
    Gibson Les Paul (subject to spec.)
    Nik Huber Krautster II

Guitar is in great condition, pick swirls in the usual places but no buckle rash or fret wear.

Guitar is located in Ilkeston (Derbyshire) so its a bonus for any East Midlands based players who might be interested, as EBMM guitars are VERY thin on the ground around these parts!

[Blocked Image: http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag109/Bluesboy82/Music%20Man%2025th%20Anniversary/DSCN0891_zps9ed31a58.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag109/Bluesboy82/Music%20Man%2025th%20Anniversary/DSCN0893_zpsafc05391.jpg]

I have been watching quite a few youtube clips and a lot of them are demonstrations of amp profiling rather than a run through of the presets and the level of adjustment available to the user within that preset.

The best footage I have seen so far is the Premier Guitar footage shot at the 2011 NAMM show. There might be other footage showing more than the profiling process, but I havnt found it yet.

Reading through the user guides is a good way to understand a product, but I find watching footage of the product being used is a far better for my brain to understand what its capable of achieving.

Guys,

I have been a long time Line 6 POD user and understand that each amp model can be adjusted with the basic gain, bass, middle and treble controls to adjust the tone and you can then insert any effect you like to colour the sound. I also believe that this is the same method employed by the Axe FX but on another level.

What I am struggling to get my head around is the way in which the Kemper creates its presets?

Is it just the same basic amp profile e.g. Fender Twin, that you can then adjust with the tone controls and add in effects where necessary or does each preset only contain what was profiled at the time?

Say for example, The amp being profiled is a Fender Twin set clean with a distortion pedal kicked in to create a distorted tone. Is this then set as a preset with no abilty to manipulate the base sound, a snap shot if you will, or can the Kemper then adjust the tone controls as if it were the real amp in front of you?

I have noticed that the profiles being created by The Amp Factory contain several profiles of the same amp at different settings. So a 3 channel amp would have 3 basic profiles of each channel with further profiles if effects were included in the profiling process?

Sorry if this doesnt quite make sense, but thats why I am asking the question.

Thanks,

Andy

As I have only just started to look into the KPA (been looking at the Axe-FX II as well). I have a few instant queries that I don't seem to be able to find an answer for.

As per the Line 6 POD HD500, does the KPA have a built in looper function and can it run dual signal chains which can be paned hard left and right or a blend of the two?

The POD HD500 is an obvious choice for me as I have been a Line 6 user for some time (Spider amps and POD X3 Live), but as I have the opportunity to get something a little more sophisticated, the two front runners are the Axe-FX and the KPA (unless I'm missing something)

Also, has it been confirmed that a dedicated foot controller will be launched for the KPA? (along the lines of the MFC-101)