Posts by PBGas

I filmed the video while Warthy was playing his Ibanez 7-string. I think its okay for metal. What cabinets or amps do you play on stage now? How much pressure do you need?

I was using an EVH 5150III mini and 2 x 12 cabinet and it sounded great but the amp had gremlins in it......

Tilman or Gitarrenschlumpf.......I've seen the video but still wondering.....is the Camper 212 suitable for metal? I have a 7 string and I do some drop tuning stuff. Just wanted to make sure before I make a final decision on things. The weight of the unit looks fine as I don't want to carry anything heavier.

I had an Apogee Duet 2 and it was a nice interface until a year later when it went microphonic on me. Several others have complained about this as well. This wouldn't be the first time that an Apogee product has gone south on me, either. It was my last time buying anything from them. My previous Duet firewire had a malfunction as well that was a manufacturing defect also. Their customer service is great, no question but their products are not the best.

I tried an RME Babyface and it was very nice as well. However, I just didn't like that you only have a couple of rowed LEDs that really aren't all that well conceived to monitor your ins, outs and phones. Considering what you are paying for that unit, I think a better visual representation should have been included. That being said, the interface had great sound and lots of nice features. I didn't particularly like the mixer section for it that runs on your computer.

Last week I purchased a MOTU track 16 and I was so hoping that it was going to be a great unit that it shows to be. I must have gotten a dud because basically, we got inputs running through it but no output. I didn't want to wait to order another one so I simply returned it. What I heard through the headphones was decent enough but nothing spectacular. The computer mixer feature is quite nice on the unit and it has a very nice visual monitoring section.

In any case, I finally picked up what I feel is an absolutely amazing interface and it just works beautifully right out of the box and has a great monitoring section as well. When I returned the MOTU unit, the store had a new Focusrite Forte in stock. Haven't looked back since. The only thing that is missing from it is the SPDIF. For some of course that is a deal breaker. For me, it wasn't at all. I listened to the sound quality of the unit and it is actually better sounding than the RME Babyface that I had. To say the least, I'm really happy with this unit. The preamps on it are fantastic, clear and defined.

Beta releases are only for fully grown male individuals™ that are brave and/or desperate to try out new "weapons" 8o :cursing: 8) :evil: X( .

A release is for the rest of us... :S ;( :wacko: :whistling: 8| ?(

labrat

This is very true!!!!

I was actually having a strange problem with mine after doing the beta update, but I think it was caused by the profiles that I downloaded and was putting in. Fixed now. Not sure how it happened but all is working.

I bought mine without trying it either. I had heard a lot of the demos on YOutube and on the various forums. I think that I waited a while....we had to up in Canada anyways because they didn't show up until Sept. In a way, we were lucky because we had some of the newer software updates that really did improve the features and function of it.

Regardless of that...I took it out of the box, uploaded the new patches and amps and took a quick look right away at Fisher Xstacy models. I turned to #6, read the manual a bit more to understand a few things and then turned up the gain and got a woody! :whistling: I've always wanted a Bogner XTC and they did a beautiful model of one as a stock amp! I then downloaded some of Till's great work, Ola's Triple Rec and FastRed's profiles, R.U. and Junaito's Deizel amps which are spot on, btw (I've owned both a Herbert and Einstein) and I also picked up some of Andy's (Amp Factory) profiles.

Simple love for this beautiful box! :love:

I ended up trading in my EVH5150 mini and cab, most of the pedals from my board and a guitar that I wasn't using to get it and I haven't looked back since.

At this point, I'm still deciding on either an FRFR solution or a poweramp/cab solution for it live. To me, the FRFR solution seems to be the right thing to do because for all intensive purposes, this thing is such a great direct and recorded sound that it's probably what I should be doing live as well. It would almost seem a waste to turn the cabs off.

Decisions....decisions......going to wait a bit longer and see if the Kemper folks have some surprises for us at NAMM. ;)

I'm still looking for some kind of solution at this point....

What I am considering:

EV ELV112P

or

some kind of poweramp ART SLA or other....
    Bogner 212CB cab

or

hold out to see what Kemper brings to the table at Namm this year.

Right now....what I need to do is rent a simple setup with the amp/cab and try that out first to see if I even like it. I"m in the philosopy of thinking that the cab sims should be what I am hearing on stage as well hence why I am still leaning to the EV solution.

Only way to know will be to try it out.