Posts by Labrat

If the dog ear would have some feet going under the KPA 'till the rubber feets, you could use those screws and the Gurtpin one on the side, without having to mess around with the chassis ones

Yeah right, that is my current design. Going around 2 edges "locks" the KPA secure. But the "waist of storage" space mentioned here (i.e. for cables and so on) is something I think about as well. The metalworker I've talked with has a problem with 2way bending. With his device he said he can't do that, or he does not want to do it. I know the metal trade and I believe he's bullsh.... me. So more search is needed. The tray solution seems the most cost effective one. Available in every country with minimal postage... :)

Labrat

Why are you guys so intent on drilling holes in the sides of you KPA? Rack ears would require holes. Drilling holes in sheetmetal that houses elecronics is a dumb idea. The shavings can short the circuits. Disassembling the KPA isn't much better for the average Joe.

Use a drawer and the existing holes and don't destroy your KPA.

bd

Well, there is no need to drill holes at all for the dog ears. The plan is to use the holes that are already there! 3 on each side, or if you use the drawer method 4 on the bottom.

Interesting! In the PUBLIC part of the forum are attachments allowed. In the private not. I wonder if this could be fixed by Mr. Admin.

Here is a way to do it in the public section of the Kemper forum. Open post > start writing > find tab below reading attachment > upload attachment in smaller size ( see advise) > finish and save post.

Some advise: Open the image with IrfanView, reduce the size (make image smaller) save it with this plugin RIOT and then use the image in postings or on your own websites. Result: faster loading, less download size and so on. 8)

Rock on
    Labrat

I support this! Great idea with the scotch pad! One guitar technician advised me to use a soft cotton cloth to wipe strings and fretboard every time right after playing. This helped me to save a lot to money on strings. I've got now a micro fiber cloth in every case and gigbag.
    When you say rubbing alcohol you mean something like isopropanol 70%? Will this work on painted necks as well or will it disolve the paint. I always used the like strong orange smelling furniture spray stuff for cleaning all of the guitar.

Labrat

I'd like them...but I don't know if it'd make financial sense to pay shipping from Germany especially if a local machine shop could do it for me. Also looking into whether the unit could be

Well, that what meant with calculating if it makes sense at all. I still believe it could be a Kemper product, like the bag...
    Maybe we stirr something up...

http://kemper-amps.com/forum/i…ad&postID=59176#post59176

There was a request for getting "dog ears" for rack mount of the KPA.
    Any "fully grown male individual TM" interested in this fine "Made in Germany" addon :D for the Kemper Profiling Amp should vote and send a PM for the shipping country, so we can calculate if it makes sense at all.

I'd design it in aluminum with padding to protect the outer paint of the Kemper.

Let me know

Labrat

The problem is that most of the artists that interest me are dead or probably way too much expensive for a small company like Kemper BUT there is a lot of guitarists who make their live playing in good cover band of specific artists and learned to nail their tones with great results!

Pierre

I dig that!
    Labrat

I don't know specifically what he is using, but I bet a "real" 6m cable would be cheaper ;)

Has nothing to do with cheaper or money. This is Cool Dude Gear! Yes, Sir! 8o
    When you play Kemper, all that cool foot stomps and stuff in front of you is obsolete! Guitar players are used to all this blinken lights of those minimum 200 bucks esoteric sound enhancers in front of them, arranged in a cool flight case with the footprint of a two car garage. They miss that! In the Kemper age whats left, is just the cable to "upgrade". I've even heard of wireless Kemper guys going back to cable simulators to have something to talk about with their fellow guitar guys at the local waterhole... Strange world, indeed.
    :rolleyes:
    Labrat
    PS: I'm thinking about sneaking in a booster because the space in front of me is so empty. I might even connect it to the secret distortion loop of the Kemper.
    "They comin' to take me away haha hihi hoho..."

Paco, I'm sorry man, I don't know what you mean. Just trying to make it a bit more clear:
    Guitar > KPA > FOH Mixer > PA
    With this setup the main sound is mixed. If I get into solo mode, a need a bit of a kick, so I used the boost switch of the OKKO Twinsonic (this effect is not within the Kemper- it is an extra piece of hardware). I did this because I do not want to copy the rig in the KPA and save it with i.e. more volume. As stated it works but then I discovered the send and return plugs on the back of the Kemper. But any way I plugged it together it did not work, means no change or boost of the rig.
    While I'm writing this, it comes to mind that I have to do some programming in the Kemper? Is that what you are refering to? RTFM? :huh:
    Labrat

For lead and solo playing just want to keep the same rig but with some boost. Copying the rig with a higher lever seems awkward to me. So I'm using my OKKO Twinsonic to boost the signal like this:

Guitar > OKKO Twinsonic > KPA > Amp, which works fine

Guitar > KPA > OKKO Twinsonic > Amp as alternative works also

Guitar > _____KPA____________________________ > Amp does not work
    \ /
    \direct output send > OKKO Twinsonic> return/

Guitar > _____KPA____________________________ > Amp does not work
    \ /
    \Monitor output > OKKO Twinsonic> return__/

How is your effects loop configured?

Labrat

Beta releases are only for fully grown male individuals™ that are brave and/or desperate to try out new "weapons" 8o :cursing: 8) :evil: X( .

A release is for the rest of us... :S ;( :wacko: :whistling: 8| ?(

labrat

Congratulations! Your wife got this for you? 8o And such a beauty! Hm, very unusual! Mine starts complaining (just a bit) and make me sell "unused" things first, which I know is the standard behavior in relation with husbands with GASyndrome.
    I wonder if such nice work will ever be available in German guitar outlets.

I've got an OKKO Twinsonic, were I like to use the clean booster to increase for lead and solo output. I'm trying to keep the number of profiles low...
    Will it work like this: Guitar > OKKO Twinsonic > KPA > PA, or is there a better way?
    Labrat