Posts by johnny1e

thanks, i'm leaning toward the 10's, i'm not liking the power amp guitar cab set up at all, does'nt seem to do justice to the K.P.A so now looking at at full range for live set up

have to agree with everyone ! i actually sold my 11r to rise money for the kemper. being an avid valve amp freak i promised myself that this would be my last venture into the digital world having tried most of them previously! and not liking any of them but falling for the hype surrounding them all.
    turned out there is no hype for the kemper, it does exactly what it says on the tin! i have never played so much since i got the kemper, i cant put my guitars down!... buy the kemper you will not regret it..... although the wife hates it!

he's plugged into the head not the rack... still no vids of the rack.. does it work yet?, i thought they would be plugging the hell out of it ......!!!!!!!!!!!! :?:

so two days in and still no videos of the rack mount in use! is anyone else wondering why? as good as the profiler is, is mr kemper trying to sell us another half finished product? ;(

so kemper are releasing the rack mounted version with built in power amp, thats good news,is'nt it ?............. hang on a minute !!!! i purchased a half finished kemper profiling "amplifier" just three months ago.. it has a huge hole in the back of it and kemper have promised that they would build a power amp to fit that hole.... has my hard earned cash spent on the K.P.A gone into devoloping other products and not into finishing the half built version i have already purchased ?

i agree with super moderator, there are many gems in there but they may never be heard because they are almost impossible to find without trying out every profile which would take months....so i think it would be a good idea to have a new page, a kemper best of user profiles maybe, profile of the week! moderator recommends ect.......that way users could get some deserved credit for their time and effort.

im currently having problems, been there with the red led screen! after upgrading to 1.5.4
    kemper support told me to install earlier firmware, which i did, now my kemper freezers on start up even when rebooting from usb. having only owned from new just two months ago
    my kemper is unusable... any idea's?

hi,
    i am also experiencing this problem, also with mine, after shutdown, the led screen glows red even if i unplug the power supply it stays red for ages .
    i am awaiting a reply from kemper support.. will let you know how i get on
    johnny

ok i'll leave it at that for now thanks for all your input...! i have tried the kemper through my jvm, 9100, valstate 80/80, crate power block, and a friends mosfet power amp, all to no avail..... don't fancy going on stage with a stack of fender mustangs so i guess the kpa will have to stay in my studio. it is an awsome bit of kit but i'm not yet ready to give up my conventional stage set up.
    thanks guy's

are you kidding dude ? the mustang is an ss modelling amp a 4x12 built for the mustang cost the third of the price of a cabinet with guitar speakers in them..... why is'nt every guitarist using them, we must be stupid. would still love to see a video with a marshall or messa 4x12 and a real guitar amp because i have them and the kemper does not sound right through them in comparison to the kemper through my studio monitors.(hearing is believing)

ok cool video but both atomic and the fender mustange use broadband (full range) speakers they are not standard
    guitar cabinets ... next! i believe the atomic cabs even have tweeters !
    would have liked to have heard the kemper through the marshall 4x12 in the background. but we didnt because it sounds bad !

hey ziggy's

i know exactly what you mean, kemper are telling us what it should sound like
    but users are hearing a totally different sound(fizzy, thin , distant...!). there still are not any videos
    of how the cabdriver supposed to sound through guitar amp and cabinet
    perhaps kemper would oblige?

what i am saying is i have to turn off the cabs physically and it sounds no different than before the cabdriver upgrade.

my point is that cabdriver does not work i have to physically turn off the cabs when using monitor out and it sounds the same as before the upgrade (pretty poor to be honest).. yes i am using s.s power amp and cab !

i was having the same issue and was wondering whether it was me being a divvy or it not being part of the upgrade.... so confusing !!!