cabdriver

• The literature and site state that it does but I tried shutting off the cab using the monitor out into a Tech 21 power engine and it did not sound like described so I will check on what else needs to be done because that is literally a SS power amp and speaker cabinet.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• i was having the same issue and was wondering whether it was me being a divvy or it not being part of the upgrade.... so confusing !!!

Brian Thesnail

• If I understand correctly cabdriver subtracts some of the impact the cab has on the profile out of the profile (if that makes any sense) LOL.

This new improved Monitor Output behaviour was introduced some firmware incarnations ago IIRC and I realized the added mojo on the Mon. Out immediately. And it is too good to not feature it more in the descriptions of the KPA's capability.

So now the child has a name: cabdriver.

;)

Don't forget that The EQ on Monitor Out is very powerful and I don't have any doubt you can make a Tech 21 Power Engine sound awesome.
    I suspect you would have to dial out a bit of treble/presence and add a bit bass/mids.
    Also my Fender Mustang III sounds awesome as a KPA monitor.
    Don't be afraid to experiment.

Also look at this thread:
    Cab off plus EQ on Monitor Out opens up lots of possibilities

• my point is that cabdriver does not work i have to physically turn off the cabs when using monitor out and it sounds the same as before the upgrade (pretty poor to be honest).. yes i am using s.s power amp and cab !

Brian Thesnail

• what i am saying is i have to turn off the cabs physically and it sounds no different than before the cabdriver upgrade.

Brian Thesnail

• What do you mean by 'turning off physically'?
    Cabdriver is meant to work when you choose the 'cab off' function on monitor out.
    This is, to my understanding, not different than before as the improved Monitor out behaviour was introduced several firmware incarnations back (in August) but not marketed specifically.

• what i am saying is i have to turn off the cabs physically and it sounds no different than before the cabdriver upgrade.

Go to Master menu and check the "Cab Off" case on the Monitor out page, now you can leave on the Cab from the front panel

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• What I had happen was when the cab is switched to off in the monitor it sounds like you turn it off in the main rig. I was happy with it before but I wanted to see what the change was if anything. I put a Pyle tweeter in with the 12" and love it as well as being able to adjust volume with my my Kemper knob. I think the main question is....is there anything we are missing in the methodology of setup. The principle is you should be able to shut off the cab and have the amp and speaker produce a more cabinet like sound. First attempt was not successful for me but I'm also happy with it as is. You need to try it so you have an idea of what we are talking about not just the manual theory of the setup. I'm not seeing other buttons. Also, I mentioned this before and someone noted it couldn't be but I upgraded and my main volume to the foh is now not as hot (all else was the same) so I adjusted it up a little more. The last upgrade the output went hotter and this one dropped a little. Any thoughts on the monitor stuff is appreciated.

• What I had happen was when the cab is switched to off in the monitor it sounds like you turn it off in the main rig.

Easy test: Hook something up to the Main Outs. Switch of cab in Monitor Out.
    There shouldn't be any change in the Main Outs.
    Now switch off the cab in the rig. Big change now.

• Right but my point is that we've tried it and it sounds like you have no cabinet at all rather than just paying the amp profile out your monitor. You need to try it to see if you have the same result because we got the premise just not getting the result. I'll keep with the current setup as I like the cabinet sound to change with each rig but from the first couple tries I'm getting the result.