Posts by Javlin7

I agree, the Kemper rocks both as a product and as company. We're getting good service here. Although I'm sure they listen to all the requests for updates they can't implement every single one..... didn't someone once say a Camel is a horse designed by a committe??

Would it be great to have the KFC now ? yes... but wouldn't we rather it was built and tested properly rather than being rushed to market with faults ?

I guess as musicians we're often perfectionists, but lets not cut off our nose to spite our face.... CK and his team should be congratulated for what they have achieved here, not moaned at for the bits they've missed (or not missed but taken a strategic decision to implement later)... we'd certainly moan if they chose to take the approach of other large instrument/amp manufacturers... ie now we've got your money you're on your own !

I'm still loving the Kemper Journey, still anticipate a new release to see what CK gives us.... The new delay time function is inspired can't wait to try that out.

Keep up the great work Kemper team ! :thumbup:

Get a wireless system with two transmitters. If you get a digital one like a line 6 relay 50 you don't suffer from the signal compression that you used to get with the old UHF ones.

If you're on more of a budget then a decent A/B box should do the trick.. two inputs to one output.

Digitech Whammey DT is excellent for both distorted and cleans. I regularly use mine to mimic a 7 string ie down 5 steps, saves carrying a 7 string with me all the time.

Code
    [quote='Wolfborne','index.php?page=Thread&postID=104769#post104769']My guitars are all in Drop B for my band.  I did the reverse and put my guitar in standard tuning with it lol...  It's fun to mess with.  I still think the Line 6  Variax guitars transpose the best at the moment but I'm sure that Kemper will up their game on the transpose feature as new releases come out.  It's a newish feature so give it some time.  If it ever gets to the point where it's bang on with the tone I'll use guitars tuned to standard so I can give my tired tendons a rest in my left hand.  I have to use 12-68s at the moment to get the tuning to hold properly.  I'd much rather use 10s or 9s in standard and transpose to B.[/quote]

Never used a Varix, but I use a whammey DT and this tracks really well. I'll have to have a go with the Kemper too and see how it compares.... what I do like about the Kemper pitch effects is you can whammey up 3 octaves unlike the 2 on the whammey pedals....not that musical but cool for Morello type moments.

I use the Kemper live and find it works perfectly using my Marshall 9100 poweramp and two Marshall 2x12's. I use the monitor out (with Cabs off), and also connect the main outputs to FOH (cabs on). I'm over the moon with the onstage sound and feel (ok so the sound is affected by the poweramp and cabs... but I have a great sound and that's all I care about), also the sound guy is happy.

I'm still not sure about FRFR, my mates Axe fx sounds great through his atomic CLR's but I love the sound I'm getting from my cabs, and can't think that spending 2 grand on FRFR cabs would give me 2 grands worth of sound benefit, particularly as the audience is already getting the full range via FOH.

When I use it in the studio I use the same rigs but go direct from the main outs.

This is what makes the Kemper the best musical investment I've ever made.

Ibanez Jem 7VSBL EMG 81/SA/HA
    Ibanez Jem 7VBK EMG 81/S/H
    Ibanez Jem GMC (custom..ie copy ) EMG 81/S/85
    Kramer Imprial (for those Metallica moments !) EMG 81/H
    Fernandes Revolver Elite JS
    Ibanez RG7420
    Ibanez Iron Label SIR70FD-IPT, always good to have a fixed bridge as a back up to all the floyds !
    Avalon Legacy L25c Redwood acoustic
    Ibanez SR605 Bass

Hmmm now I've listed that lot I can see why the wife thinks I have too many guitars !!! :whistling:

Still... we all know the answer to the question how many guitars do you want......??
    Just one more !! :thumbup:

i confirm that. this time when changing a profile with the All Access I have the kemper FXs status (on/off) set as shown by the instant access status. so even better than before I should say.

Hi Michealmellner, just a quick question....

When you call up a rig using your all access, and you have some of your instant access switches on and some off as default, do the LED's light up for the ones that are set to on ? Mine don't unless I click a switch.... am I missing a setting somewhere?

I'm set up with 5 instant access switches, in per preset mode.

Thanks
    Mike

I had the same problem

Since the new firmware (1.8beta) the guys at Kemper have corrected the way the Kemper deals with the midi messages that are being sent from the foot controller..

I had a problem with mine as I had assigned the four stomps to switches on the all access, the default state on the all access of the switches is set to OFF (so no led is lit when I load a rig, even if the stomp is switched on on the Kemper).

However what happens now is that the kemper processes the message where the all access sends the default state of the swich.... so even if stomp 1 is active when I save the rig, the kemper calls up the rig on the press of the midi controller, but immediatly switches off the distortion stomp..

So now it is necessary to program the default state of these stomps on each patch on the foot controller to match the default state on the rig on the Kemper.... hope this makes sense....

So in the midi settings of the All access you need to switch the default values of the ON/OFF state to be the other way around... currently it sounds like your default for this switch (on the midi controller) is OFF. I also had to change the midi controller so that my assignments are per preset rather than Global.... a pain at first as you have to set the switch behaviour for every preset you want to use, but it works great once it's done.

Hope this helps
    Mike

Just something to be aware of :-

Since the new firmware (1.8beta) the guys at Kemper have corrected the way the Kemper deals with the midi messages that are being sent from the foot controller..

I had a problem with mine as I had assigned the four stomps to switches on the all access, the default state on the all access of the switches is set to OFF (so no led is lit when I load a rig, even if the stomp is switched on on the Kemper).

However what happens now is that the kemper processes the message where the all access sends the default state of the swich.... so even if stomp 1 is active when I save the rig, the kemper calls up the rig on the press of the midi controller, but immediatly switches off the distortion stomp..

So now it is necessary to program the default state of these stomps on each patch on the foot controller to match the default state on the rig on the Kemper.... hope this makes sense....

Benefit of this is the LED's on the all access will show the status of the effect on the Kemper.

Thought is was worth sharing in case anyone else has an issue.... I thought I had found a bug... in fact they had fixed one ! :thumbup: