Posts by Keregioz

Like I said in my previous posts, I managed to work out the corrupted archive problem and it was unrelated to the installer problem (it was the spaces in the folder name like lightbox mentioned).

The only issue I have now is that the installer can't complete the setup.

I'll look into the diagnostic on the HD, but I doubt it has anything to do with it, I've installed/used quite a few of programs/games etc and never had any problems.

Thanks.

I'm having problems installing rig manager, any help would be appreciated.
    I use windows 7 32bit. When I try to extract the archive of the 32bit version of rig manager it extracts the files but I also get error this message from winrar:

[Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/316805/rigrar.jpg]

I tried downloading it several times from the kemper site and always get the same error when I extract.

Then, when I try to run the installer it seems to be working ok but towards then end encounters some kind of error and I get the message that the installation ended prematurely.

Any ideas?

that's irrelevant, it's not a valid comparison. If the cabdriver makes the IR sound better, the imported IR cannstill be correct.
    If you want to make a comparison, use the method I mentioned.

Ok, forget the comparison, just taking into account the first sample it's obvious to me that it doesn't sound right. And I know this without doing the comparison because I've used the same IR with other software and hardware preamps and it always sounded much better (the way the second clip sounded).

I won't pretend to understand the technology behind the kemper but I think I figured out the problem. Just like cabdriver must be enabled for kemper to sound right through a real cab, the same way it must be enabled for it to sound right through an IR (which essentially is a simulation of a real cab).
    It seems that the cab simulation within the kemper profiles works in a different way and compensates frequencies in a way that a regular IR can't so you can't really replace it with one.
    At least that's the only explanation that makes sense to me.

Actually is the other way around: if you disable the cab and run through the IR, the cabdriver will also be on adding his processing to the IR and therefore voiding any comparison. You actually have no way to compare the amp only sound through the IR on DAW with the amp+cab (IR loaded) on the Kemper.

Well, that's maybe true, but what I can say for certain is that the IR I imported SHOULDN'T sound like in the first sample on the test I did. I mean, come on, which of the 2 sounds right to you?

Cabmaker works.
    Disabling the Cab section is not doing what you think it does, since this automatically enables our cabdriver.

A viable test would be to use a distortion stomp with only the Cab section enabled as A and to disable the whole stack and feeding the distortion stomp into a IR as B.

there's already a thread about this.
    CAB Maker IRs files (GuitarHack, etc...)

Hi Don, in the test I did I think you'll agree that the second clip is obviously how the IR is supposed to sound like. So, like I said in my previous post, maybe cabdriver must be activated in order for imported IRs to work properly and must somehow be loaded after the stack section?

The Cab Maker works, however it doesn´t work 100% yet. I also made some extensive testing and came to the conclusion that the EQ Curve gets changed quite a bit in the conversion process. CK knows about this, i hope there will be a new version sometimes.

Hi tyler, I just checked your post in the thread DonPetersen suggested and seems like you had similar results. So in my opinion, based on both of our tests, and unless we're both doing something wrong, cabmaker DOESN'T really work. Not being 100% is one thing, but here the differences are really evident. It's quite obvious in both cases how the IR was supposed to sound like and how lifeless (and kinda shit to be honest) it sounds imported into the kemper.
    If I understood correctly, It's obvious that cabdriver must be ON in order for imported IRs to work as they should. So maybe the solution is to make an IR loader as an effect so we can load the imported IRs with it AFTER the stack section (so we can disable the cab section and enable cabdriver).

I tried to make a custom kemper cab using IRs but it sounds like shit for some reason, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. I've tried one of my own IRs and one of guitarhack's and got the same result.

Here's how it sounds: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/316805/kemper01.mp3

And here's how it's supposed to sound (I disabled the cab in the kemper and used an impulse loader in cubase to load the impulse): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/316805/kemper02.mp3