Posts by paults

I've been working with that effect, originally with the intent of having it as a backup for my talkbox. If you are thinking along those lines, put a harmonic-rich gainy distortion in a stomp position ahead of it. Doing that will give the filter a more complex signal to process, and the effect will be much more dramatic.

Another really interesting use for this effect is as a harmonic filter with a manually set value. It is possible to use one or more instances of it tuned to different harmonics of the fundamental note you are playing. I've gotten several decidedly non-guitar tones using this, along with bandpass filters.

I want to make them a little less cartoonish, and a little more musically useful, and record a sample of each one before posting. You should start to hear something within a week :)

+1 for the whammy

+1 for the intelligent harmonizer

I use both of the above at every gig, using effects in my G-System. I would need those effects to be in the Kemper to replace the G-System with a Kemper Pedal.

+1 to a Librarian. If it would allow organization, renaming, and tag editing, that would make it much easier to keep the Kemper organized.

Ben,

You could include a "fairly close" free or factory profile with no regrets - I imagine the main attraction is the time-based effects. Armed with those, and a single coil pickup guitar, all it takes is the feel, touch, sensitivity and passion. Those solos are so much fun to play.

The band I'm in now doesn't do any Floyd - but, my "Run Like Hell" G-System patch just happens to be perfect for "Don't You Forget About Me", too :)

You have three options:

1) Behind you

2) in front of you, and low, like a monitor

3) To the side of you. If you put it there, it can be up by your ears, if you like.

Whether I am using my Marshall Silver Jubilee and 4x12, or a digital rig through my Bose L1, I always put it to the side of me, and point across the stage, not out toward the audience. Sound engineers love this, and my guitar is always in the Mains.

I really like the Bose L1 with one subwoofer. The amplifier has so much power, it responds very much like a guitar amplifier, and "feels" great.

Me, a shredder? LOL - more like smoke, mirrors, parlor tricks :)

I've always assumed Peter Wolf got the inspiration for the song from the pictures Faye Dunaway did for Playboy as a promotion for "The Eyes of Laura Mars". A large helping of poetic license would have been added to make the story more universal.

Thanks - I found the quote:
    "We are building up a library for passive tone stacks so every amp can be equipped with the corresponding equalizer, even after the profile has been captured. The tone can be shaped then as on the original. But you can even choose another passive tone stack for your profile, or even a studio equalizer, that goes far beyond the boundaries again."

That would work for me :)

That initially occurred to me as a limitation, too. But, if each individual control's range and effect on the signal matched the original, the interaction of the controls would also match the original (or, at the least, be strikingly similar). Those overlapping/additive/subtractive tonal effects from various knob positions would make a profile much more like the original amp.

For that matter, even if the interactivity isn't completely there, having the EQ points the same as on the source amp would make it much easier to dial in different amp-specific sounds from one profile.

The biggest limitation may be processing power - if profiling the four tone controls requires four times more horsepower, it may not be practical at this point. Or, maybe it can be done with the current hardware, and it is the kind of feature that will merit the designation of v2 or v3 (etc).

It would be great if it was possible to have an additional step in the profiling process to profile the minimum to maximum sweep of each tone control of the original amp while a signal is sent through it.

The signal could be sent, and each control would be swept from one extreme to the other, an the Kemper would anaylse the effect on the tone.

This would set the EQ to the proper frequency points, bandwidth, etc.

The controls would act just like on the amp.

It would only take one profile, not many to capture the tone range of the amplifier.