Posts by tpruitt

Here’s my set up.
    I Di my amp with a Marshall stereo 4x12

One side is the kemper the other the amp.
    once it’s done I unhook the amp from the kemper and put a a/b box connected to both. So I can do a true comparison.
    it comes out really close but the kemper sounds like it has a blanket over the cabinet.
    once I push the master volume up on the kemper to say ALMOST band practice levels it comes alive and is almost identical to the real amp. But only once I push the volume.
    am I doing something wrong? Or is the a better way to profile? How loud should my reference amp be while profiling it?

i'm trying to get Dan's jj100 pack but when i purchase it at the comform page after paypal it come up with purchase has failed?

it's not paypal i've made a few purchases today and have never had an issue.its deff. on reampzones side.

Ok what am I doing wrong.
    I'm on a Mac.
    Using rig manager I'm not seeing anywhere to change the Marshall v30 to DI or really anyway of changing anything other than guitar or bass.

On the kemper I can change the name but how do I change it to DI so it shows up as DI on rig exchange?

ok,so ive spent a few weekends doing some profiling and testing.both with amps (DI) and the axefx (no cabs,power amps on).

search "TP" on rig exchange
    pay no attention to whatever is listed other than the names, there all DI profiles with no cabnets. i'm new and just figured all that out.

axefx stuff
    5153 stealth blue channel.
    5153 s blue with el34's (you can change the tubes in the axefx)
    cameron atomina
    vh4 channels 3 and 4
    cameron ccv

amps (all DI) all amps i run through a marshall slant with v30's in bottom and celestion g12-65's (old 80's ones)in the top and eq'ed to taste before profiling.
    mesa trem-o-verb orange and red channels
    cameron old bitch bright switch off or middle structure switch to the right
    friedman jj sat switch off

the jj and the old bitch are amps i built.just thought i'd share.

let me know what you think.help me fine tune my DI setup !!!

I am new to the kemper and profiling but I have profiled a few amps. I too had some strange results.
    I was using a kemper di box. Xlr out then 1/4" input to kemper. Once I switched to xlr out of di box to xlr input to kemper it's cleared things up.
    And when I profile it seems to turn out better if I pump the volume up a little on the amp. More to like a band practice leave.