Posts by greenblob

Is there a way to tell the Kemper I'm profiling an amp DI only and not through a cab?

I guess what I'm having trouble getting my head around is profiling a pure amp DI so I can add a virtual cab later. When I capture a DI profile now it always turns the "cab" button on as part of the profiling process. The end result sounds dead nuts like my DI signal which is great, but the kemper assumes this is the real amp through cab sound. Does that make any sense? kind of confusing to explain. i can try to explain it 2 ways:

- If I turn the "cab" button off of my DI capture it removes a cab that was never there and sounds even more spikey than the true DI signal..
    - Adding a virtual cab doesn't come out right either as it first removes the cab it thinks is there (but there is none) then adds the new cab settings in its place. All the dynamics of the original DI are now destroyed.

I'm sure I'm missing a simple setting or button press somewhere! I suspect I'm going to feel stupid when I hear the solution..

Thanks!

Do any of the the more experienced users out there have are any tips/advice for capturing DI profiles?
    Heres the best profile of the many attempts so far..
    Flexi-50 ..
    How hard should I push the return level? The amps a THD Flexi50 and is very touch sensitive (its best feature imo) but i'm struggling to capture the attack and cleanup with git vol knob with a DI profile...

my rig is:
    [Blocked Image: http://www.thefreemusiclabel.com/storage/Pictures/Brad%20Green/kemp%20thd.jpg]

I like the profile I have.. but i know it can be done to reflect the amps clean up more accurately.. I just dont know how!

any advice appreciated..

I've never really used wahs or volume pedals in my real world pedalboards but will slap an expression pedal in some time and have a play around.. This kemper has replaced a bunch of my gear for live use and I'm always looking to hear new sounds so I'd be stupid not to give the expression pedal possibilities a session or 3.

In regards to your guide, I had a nasty lag in preset switching with the Kemper MIDI Global Channel set to Omni and the Rocktron AllAccess/Midi Raider set to 1 mentioned in your guide. I could very briefly see on the kemper screen a seemingly random rig being displayed before my preset would appear. The "ghost" rig was not audible, but did make changing presets unacceptably delayed. Changing the Kemper MIDI Global Channel to 1 (to match the allaccess//midiraider) solved the issue completely and switching is now snappy as hell..

Oh.. And yeah.. Naming the presets on the rocktron is a royal PITA! I'm done now but it took a few hours to complete... my hands a killing me from bashing foot switches.. :cursing: !

My Rocktron midi raider arrived today and yep, the programming is exactly the same as the All Access (EPROM is the same so no surprise there) .. The manuals seem identical also as the page references and headings mentioned in your guide match up totally.. :thumbup: Maybe you could edit your express guide to confirm this is good for both units.

Everything works great except for the Instant Access switching. I have the same problem as Javlin7 mentioned a few posts back.. If I load a rig where an effect is ON, the first press of the assigned IA switch does nothing. I understand what's happening (1st press tells effect to turn on, but its already on so no change... Second press tells it to turn off and it does.. 3rd press sends an "on" and it turns on.. - all in sync and happy after 1st press) but so far haven't come up with a better solution than Javlin7 suggested..

I managed to make it work by switching the on and off values around.... so that the first press on the access sends the off command... problem is I'd have to set this for each preset....

The solution works.. but, there has to be a better way.. Not exactly sure what that is though.. I believe the kemper would require an "Invert Assigned Stomp" on midi recieve setting or something similar to fix this.. but then I guess the Rocktron led wouldn't necessarily reflect the stomp state.. It might be backwards.. I dunno..

Overall I'm very impressed by the rocktron, but will still buy the kemper footswitch when its released if its a similar size and overcomes the minor switching issue.

Hello all,
    My first post. After much reading and sample listenting I decided to be my own santa this year and ordered a KPA yesterday. Very excited to experience what it can do first hand. I have several amps im planning on profiling but im really going to spend some time trying to capture my THD Flexi-50 and Bivalve as well as my bandmates Naylor Superdrive 60 (if he lets me that is). These 3 amps seem to have their own aural quirks that I have really come to dig. Anywho, Im an aussie living in the U.S (utah) and plan on using the Kepmer live once I decide which midi board to go for. More forum reading and research ahead it seems!

cheers..