Posts by MartinJ

Yes i mean 1/4" TS.

I had volume matched both speakers at -15db, HD1221 via TS-XLR monitor out and CLR at main XLR-XLR, i then moved CLR to monitor out and must use TS-XLR, then volume was much lower.

I just came back from the first band rehersal with the CLR, so far i am impressed.
    Going A/B between the CLR and the HD1221 i notice the latter is slightly honky and muffled.
    The Clr has a more open, brighter, clear sound. Theres more testing to be done but so far so good.

About the connections, there was a big volume drop when i went from the xlr-xlr of the mains to tele-xlr of
    monitor out, is it supposed to be like this?

"I love the Marshall, sitting in the corner next to the KPA.....with a bag over it's head! :D"

The marshall is my bandmates JVM410, does not like to be photographed :) Its impressive how similar
    one of my downloaded JVM profiles sounds to it even though i run FRFR and he runs 4x12 cab.

When i started playing guitar i was into shiny new racing guitars such as Ibanez RG, a ding on a brand new one was almost the end of the world.
    I regarded Les Pauls as unplayable stone age guitars, after a while i had to get one because its simply the best looking guitar, i got used to the feel and now im a hopeless Les Paul nut :)

I only buy used guitars now, its cheaper and if the guitar plays great after 20 years then you know the neck is stable etc. Also, the resell value of a used Les paul standard, custom, reissue is really good.
    If theres lots of wear its usually an indication that its a good guitar because who would spend lots of time on a dud?
    I recently bought a used Les Paul 56 reissue that has been refretted and the new frets soon need a leveling, on large portions of the neck, the laquer is worn through. The guitar plays and sounds better than anything ive tried.

I already have the JCM800 hotmod and JTM45 packs, am i missing a lot by not having the marshall bundle?

What im looking for is chimey rythm profiles like the Jtm50 drive by joptunes or Andy´s manrock800 (with the volume pot low), those are kickass.

"consistent radiation pattern over all frequencies".

That is exactly what im looking for, at the moment i have a small sweet spot and the sound changes a lot moving a few feet in the rehersal room (within the speakers 90x50 deg cone), the sound is more bass heavy and muffled toward the edges of the cone.

Just pulled the trigger on a CLR active wedge, cant wait to compare it to my Mackie HD1221, im hoping to get more clarity and better spread of the sound so the volume can get turned down with the band and still
    hear myself well.

How can these rotate when properly fixed? I have never had that sort of problem for the last > 20 years on any Guitar I own

Well, in my case i fastened the nut tight with thread lock, but with time my thick leather strap got compressed and the "U" could begin to rotate, when it did i dropped the guitar.
    Had i known the lock could fail if the "U" was upside down i would have checked it with every use.

The dunlop is not direction sensitive so i feel there is less that can go wrong with it, but i dont think any strap lock is 100% safe.

Using those properly (in the right direction) I have no problem with Schallers.

I had mine in the right direction, but when it failed it had rotated, if they only had made the lock pin longer it would work in all directions but nooo....

This happened to one of my les pauls even though i had strap locks, it was some kind of schaller copy
    that didnt lock deep enough and the "U" was upside down in the strap at the time, i was lucky to catch it a few inches off the floor.
    Since then i have dunlop strap locks on all my guitars and hasnt failed yet.

Just bought it yesterday and realized it hardly contains any midi files and how toontrack now has me hooked on midi packs. 8|

It guess it will be a really useful tool once there is a larger midi library to search through.

Hi, I did what you told me but I did not understand what it means to "put URL between the brackets." I did it but nothing happens and I do not see the preview.
    Forgive me for my bad English. Excuse me and thanks again to those who help me.

When you look at the image in photobucket you have 4 choices of link types, copy the "IMG" style link posted next to your picture, then paste it as is into the message.
    The "insert image" button in this forum did not work for me, but pasting the URL from photobucket worked.